Confused about PSX2PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by solidsnake13, Feb 10, 2011.

Feb 10, 2011

Confused about PSX2PSP by solidsnake13 at 6:34 PM (1,449 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. solidsnake13
    OP

Newcomer solidsnake13 Member

United States
    I just got a PSPGO [​IMG] so obviously I am new to the scene and I have been doing my own research on how to play converted PSX games on it. It currently has OFW 6.20 (loaded, not upgraded) on it and I don't see any method (without huge risk of bricking it) to lower the OFW to use a CFW.

Anyway, my question is, is there currently a CFW that can play converted PSX games on it for a 6.20 PSPGO?

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    You need to use a HEN + Prometheus ISO loader OR 6.35 PRO-A in order to play backups. At the momet, there is no support for POPS (PSX loading) but there will be in 6.20 TN-D and 6.35 PRO-B.

DO NOT DOWNGRADE from 6.20. No reason to, and you can't on the Go anyways (to anything useful, at least).

Just use TN-C or upgrade to 6.35 and use PRO-A. Check out their feature and see which you prefer.

3. demonicstrife

Member demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

United States
    There's a 6.20 TN-D and 6.35 PRO-B being worked on which are going to include POPS support, so you just have to be patient and wait for those.

4. solidsnake13
    OP

United States
    Thanks schlupi, that is what my research was showing me, but I just wanted a straight answer. I have decided to try out TN-C first and wait for TN-D I guess.

Also, will the emulators work with TN-C?

5. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    You don't need an emulator to play PSX games on the PSP, just popsloader support.

6. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    You don't even NEED popsloader support, just the ability for the HEN to utilise pops.

7. solidsnake13
    OP

United States
    Sorry, I guess I should ahve specified, I actually meant the retro emulators (N64, Genesis, etc) not a PSX emulator.

8. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    You shouldn't have any problems running the emulators from the sticky if you're using 6.20 TN-C