Hacking Confused about a few basics

Analogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Ok, so I'm just going to ask, since I'm pretty lost here.

Just softmoded a virgin 4.2 PAL (priiloader, bootmii as IOS, 202, 222, 223, 224, 249, 250 and IOS70).

Went smooth but USB Loader GX won't run games from USB HDD (FAT32 and wbfs files). It finds them and lists them (even matches the covers and disc art) but when I run them, I get a locked black screen and must reset.

This setup worked on a previous Wii.
Now, do I understand correctly that IOS249 rev20 (which I have) CAN'T run .wbfs files from a FAT32 partition? I've tried turning my FAT 32 into WBFS partition, but now I need .iso files instead of wbfs, right?

Also, what is the difference between a channel and a forwarder? How can I put for example USB Loader GX to my USB HDD, and then make a system channel to link to it?

Sorry for n00bishness
unsure.gif

foolontehill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use cios249r20 and have no problems loading wbfs files on a fat23 HDD. I would suggest wiiflow, as usbloadergx isnt quite as good. I used to use gx but when it started giving me problems, switched to wiiflow, and havent looked back. Wiiflow also has on their download page an official forwarder channel.

That would fix you right up. Also, I reccommend not partitioning any space to wbfs, that is outdated. Everything now can run right from a fat32 partitioned HDD.

Analogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Yes, I saw that USB Loader GX looks abandoned (and some coders moved to Wiiflow from there), but was under the impression that Wiiflow can only read from a wbsf partition.

I will look into your suggestions and let you know how it went, thank you both.

edit
Well, Wiiflow says something about "wbfs error" and wont show games. I've just put a wiiflow .dol into "apps" folder, that's all there is to it, right?
Latest USB Loader GX shows games, but freezes after loading them.

Configurable USB loader finds and loads games, lol. So I guess I'm doing smth wrong with my Wiiflow setup...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: