Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Colabear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, report back time. Re-dumped the game from the updated ConfigLoader. Still no go. Did a dump using clean rip and put the pieces pack together with WiiBackupManager and put that file on my USB hard drive. Still the same error. Deleted the game from the USB drive and did a new rip with the updated ConfigLoader. Still the same error.

Used ModMii to down load usbloader gx and tried this loader. Success. I was able to load and play the game. Happy again. Thanks for all your help.

Last edited by Colabear,

Ed2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I don´t know if this is already cover but is it possible to create an EmuNand with CFG and install wad channels safely?
If so, could someone guide me through the steps?

Thanks

By the way, I'd also like to know how to return to cfg menu, the v70 r7871 seems not to have an option for it, I even installed its wad channel

Last edited by Ed2,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U have to modify the config files. The configurator for configurable USB loader (a windows exe application) can help with this, just provide it with the title ID of your forwarder channel. It can be done manually as well but I don't recall offhand what to enter (probably returnto={TitleID})

You can create a fresh emunand using modmii, or convert your Wii's nand.bin using showmiiwads to an extracted format compatible with emunands. The latest version of configurable USB loader supports emunands (grab it from modmii if you're not sure if u r running the latest version)

Last edited by XFlak,

Ed2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
The problem I have with modmii is that is not intended for the wii mode of the wii u, can I create a fresh emunand in another way to work with CFG mod?

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, can i have Cfg_USB_Loader_70_Mod_r78 and usbloader gx (both on my sd card) ?

Yes you can. I use all 4 loaders off the same SD card: CGF USB Loader, USB Loader-GX, WiiFlow & WiiFlow Lite.

Also to make things easier I use a custom path for the covers on the root of the SD card named "Covers". This way I don't have to have multiple locations on the SD card for each loader containing thousand of covers. Just one location for everything.

Reactions: XFlak and jeannotte

OldWiiGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help fill in the gaps for me. I have had a modded Wii for about 8 years and never had a problem with it. Most of that time I have used CFG USB Loader or variations of it.

Currently I am running v70r78.11 and the latest possible Nintendont. All Wii games and GC games work perfectly. No issues there.

I recently got into wiiware and I wanted to set up an emunand. This is what I did step by step:
  • Got my old bootmii nand backup from when I installed HBC (it was actually done a little bit after the mod as it has a couple of wiiware on it already)
  • Ran ShowMiiNand to extract the nand.
  • Copied all the content to my USB drive under usb:/nand/
At this point everythink looked perfect.

I loaded CFG Loader and lo and behold the couple of wiiware that I had at the time I took the dump were now actually showing in the list of games (without a cover image - which was to be expected. I tried clicking on one and it complaining about missing a plugin namely mighty.dol.

• I downloaded Modmii and ran the task that generated me a new copy of CFG loader and it had both Mighty.dol and neek2o.dol.
  • I copied both of these to the folder called "plugins" which cfg loader had complained about missing
Then I loaded it again and it kind of worked. Most of the VC didn't work i.e. Sonic and knuckles, Golden Axe 3 and a few others I tried. Wiiware seemed to work okay - contra rebirth loaded fine but the wii mote automatically lost sync and couldn't be reconnected. The only way I could play with with a gamecube wired controller.
  • I then searched this thread and saw that some people said that old config could this problem (desyncing remotes) so I deleted the auto generated cfg loader config and let it regenerate a new one.
  • I also reinstalled cios 249, 250 and 251 as per the instructions on wii.guide/cios. I did this because I knew my old ones (from about 6 years ago) didn't match up with the "Recommended" anymore.
Now when I try and run Contra Rebirth using "Mighty" from cfg usbloader it seems to get through the first page of running commands but then it just resets back to the system menu. I tried switching between 249,250,251 they all get the same result.

Has anyone got any ideas? The channels themselves show up fine in cfg loader. I can't restore back to my old cios because I have no idea what they were (they were done using d2x-v10-beta53-alt which I understand aren't preferred for a Wii).

What is the likely candidate? My nand? or am I missing some config or a step somewhere?

I would also like to try neek2o but I haven't found a decent guide on how I should do that. I was just hoping to get Mighty working again as a first step and hopefully not have my remotes desyncing (even after a full system restart).

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help fill in the gaps for me. I have had a modded Wii for about 8 years and never had a problem with it. Most of that time I have used CFG USB Loader or variations of it.

Currently I am running v70r78.11 and the latest possible Nintendont. All Wii games and GC games work perfectly. No issues there.

I recently got into wiiware and I wanted to set up an emunand. This is what I did step by step:
  • Got my old bootmii nand backup from when I installed HBC (it was actually done a little bit after the mod as it has a couple of wiiware on it already)
  • Ran ShowMiiNand to extract the nand.
  • Copied all the content to my USB drive under usb:/nand/
At this point everythink looked perfect.

I loaded CFG Loader and lo and behold the couple of wiiware that I had at the time I took the dump were now actually showing in the list of games (without a cover image - which was to be expected. I tried clicking on one and it complaining about missing a plugin namely mighty.dol.

• I downloaded Modmii and ran the task that generated me a new copy of CFG loader and it had both Mighty.dol and neek2o.dol.
  • I copied both of these to the folder called "plugins" which cfg loader had complained about missing
Then I loaded it again and it kind of worked. Most of the VC didn't work i.e. Sonic and knuckles, Golden Axe 3 and a few others I tried. Wiiware seemed to work okay - contra rebirth loaded fine but the wii mote automatically lost sync and couldn't be reconnected. The only way I could play with with a gamecube wired controller.
  • I then searched this thread and saw that some people said that old config could this problem (desyncing remotes) so I deleted the auto generated cfg loader config and let it regenerate a new one.
  • I also reinstalled cios 249, 250 and 251 as per the instructions on wii.guide/cios. I did this because I knew my old ones (from about 6 years ago) didn't match up with the "Recommended" anymore.
Now when I try and run Contra Rebirth using "Mighty" from cfg usbloader it seems to get through the first page of running commands but then it just resets back to the system menu. I tried switching between 249,250,251 they all get the same result.

Has anyone got any ideas? The channels themselves show up fine in cfg loader. I can't restore back to my old cios because I have no idea what they were (they were done using d2x-v10-beta53-alt which I understand aren't preferred for a Wii).

What is the likely candidate? My nand? or am I missing some config or a step somewhere?

I would also like to try neek2o but I haven't found a decent guide on how I should do that. I was just hoping to get Mighty working again as a first step and hopefully not have my remotes desyncing (even after a full system restart).
read here https://gbatemp.net/threads/plugins-in-cfg-usb-loader-mod.603243/

Reactions: OldWiiGamer

OldWiiGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i use that version and install wads in emunand with ShowMiiWads
and with that version you can also create the emunand
Okay I tried it and thanks they are working again! I guess this means v70r78.11 doesn't work well with emunand.

But I still have the problem where wii remotes de-sync. Is it something about my backup nand I wonder? Maybe when I did the backup I was using different wii remote? I have about 10 nintendo wii remotes so I change them around sometimes.

It looks like that is the issue. Other people had the problem here: gbatemp.net/threads/wiimote-losing-sync-with-vc-on-emunand.375672/

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay I tried it and thanks they are working again! I guess this means v70r78.11 doesn't work well with emunand.

But I still have the problem where wii remotes de-sync. Is it something about my backup nand I wonder? Maybe when I did the backup I was using different wii remote? I have about 10 nintendo wii remotes so I change them around sometimes.

It looks like that is the issue. Other people had the problem here: gbatemp.net/threads/wiimote-losing-sync-with-vc-on-emunand.375672/

try to redo the emunand with the charger
press on setting and then create nand
when you start the wii and you are on the security screen sync the wiimote you want to use

Last edited by matto21,

OldWiiGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
try to redo the emunand with the charger
press on setting and then create nand
when you start the wii and you are on the security screen sync the wiimote you want to use
That's a good idea thanks. I will just write down which remote belongs to emunand and just switch to them everytime I want to run VC/Wiiware!! Thanks!!!

@OldWiiGamer

you copied this string nand_emu_path = usb: / nand /
in the config.txt file

Yes I did that already thank you!

Reactions: matto21

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr