Hacking Configurable USB Loader

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
This issue (the first 4 characters are missing) should be fixed by the latest test version
I just built today. (r32 beta2 , http://www.mediafire...1cai9y2vmwd1g7p)

Note: the other test version (r32t1) may not solve this issue. (I have tested)
Thanks, this indeed solves the character stripping and a few more games rip. :)

It reveals a new problem along the same lines, unfortunately. Sticking with the AUF example, the full title turns out to be along the lines of "007: Agent Under Fire". It seems the : is tripping it up now, as I no longer get an output folder for this game at all.

I notice when ripping Wii games, colons and other forms of punctuation are replaced with underscores when creating the output folder. I guess that same function can be pulled into use here?

Will check and advise.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
This issue (the first 4 characters are missing) should be fixed by the latest test version
I just built today. (r32 beta2 , http://www.mediafire...1cai9y2vmwd1g7p)

Note: the other test version (r32t1) may not solve this issue. (I have tested)
Thanks, this indeed solves the character stripping. :)

It reveals a new problem along the same lines, unfortunately. Sticking with the AUF example, the full title turns out to be along the lines of "007: Agent Under Fire". It seems the : is tripping it up now, as I no longer get an output folder for this game at all.

I notice when ripping Wii games, colons and other forms of punctuation are replaced with underscores when creating the output folder. I guess that same function can be pulled into use here?

thats due to illegal characters use in the file/folder name, simply replacing : with - fixes problems like this

for a quick test you can try it in windows by trying to add : to a file name and it notifies you it cannot be used in a file/folder name

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to ask, what's the difference between "v70 r32t2" and "v70 r32 beta3"? :/

Edit: just to ask, is there support for DML to allow me to load NGC games from a HDD, copy them to SD and then deletes the chosen game from SD when choosing another from a HDD?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to ask, what's the difference between "v70 r32t2" and "v70 r32 beta3"? :/

Beta 3 is supposed to skip checking the size of the game when using the new ReEx format so that it doesn't hang for a few minutes with "start this game:" while it is calculating the game size. I haven't tested it yet though.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm now using CFG Loader MOD v70r32-beta3 and I'm having problems with playing NGC games from SD, which were copied from HDD.

The counter keeps looping and I have no idea, if it's actually doing anything at all. :/

Anyway... would it be possible to add something that detects any folders within "sd:/games" and deletes them before copying a game to play through the loader?

At least, this is all we have until DIOS MIOS is released and it's best to make the most of it for now, until then.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Beta 3 is supposed to skip checking the size of the game when using the new ReEx format so that it doesn't hang for a few minutes with "start this game:" while it is calculating the game size. I haven't tested it yet though.
Couldn't it just save the size in a file in /Games/ with the size written on it to still avoid copying to a full SD card? The file could be created at install time or by a second process running in the background while browsing games.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Couldn't it just save the size in a file in /Games/ with the size written on it to still avoid copying to a full SD card? The file could be created at install time or by a second process running in the background while browsing games.

It probably will in future versions. Perhaps the whole "skip size check for reex games" could be made a configuration option for now? At least now I don't have to wait for who knows how long every time I start up a game in the new format.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I would like to put all test/beta version programs here:

http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader-mod/issues/detail?id=48&sort=-id

It may help people to find/test/feedback before releasing a new SVN.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Here are the summary of current two "test/beta" version:
(compare with official r31)

1. V70r32t2 (by R2-D2199):

- fixed the invalid characters issue of
GC game title when it's downloading to SD card

2. V70_r32_beta3 (by myself)

-change dml default video mode from "FORCE PAL" to "Game Default"
-skip file size check for new GcReEx format(load game faster)
-fixed the first 4 characters(game title) missing issue of
installing from GC disc
-compile with libogc 1.8.12

** Hopefully I can combine the change of "r32t2" then issue another test/beta version
today or tomorrow.

OR R2-D2199 may combine the changes of "r32_beta3" then issue a new test
version today. (I don't know)

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it has been asked 100x but how do I get the cfg loader to keep the games names the way I have them listed on the hard drive..
Thanks for your time Bud....

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the summary of current two "test/beta" version:
(compare with official r31)

1. V70r32t2 (by R2-D2199):

- fixed the invalid characters issue of
GC game title when it's downloading to SD card

2. V70_r32_beta3 (by myself)

-change dml default video mode from "FORCE PAL" to "Game Default"
-skip file size check for new GcReEx format(load game faster)
-fixed the first 4 characters(game title) missing issue of
installing from GC disc
-compile with libogc 1.8.12

** Hopefully I can combine the change of "r32t2" then issue another test/beta version
today or tomorrow.

OR R2-D2199 may combine the changes of "r32_beta3" then issue a new test
version today. (I don't know)
isn't the latest libogc 1.8.11

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I assume it can only rip original GC discs and not burnt copies/multi disc copies.
If your Wii is old enough to be able to read DVD-R's inside the main drive, I would assume the answer is yes.
If you're asking about connecting a USB DVD reader to it and ripping it that way I think the answer is no. :P
I don't know about multi-game disks (like 5 games in 1 disk). Some loaders will split those out for you so DML can see all the games separately. I don't know about CFG.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong