Hacking Configurable USB Loader

CoolGeneral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wonder if the cfg loader is still developing. The last update is dated 7 July 2011. Since that time there were some suggestions for improvement, even by me, as well as some new features in the Wii scene that could have been installed. You see your posting. :)

I hope that there will eventually be a new update. Finally, the cfg a really good loader and the developers have done so far really good work.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if the cfg loader is still developing. The last update is dated 7 July 2011. Since that time there were some suggestions for improvement, even by me, as well as some new features in the Wii scene that could have been installed. You see your posting. :)

I hope that there will eventually be a new update. Finally, the cfg a really good loader and the developers have done so far really good work.
What I know there is no more devoloping on the CFG USB Loader because it has anything you needed (functionality at that time). That's why I now asked the developers if they could make an exeption and maybe do a smal update to at least keep it up to date with the cIOS development, and that's actually the thing I really wish would happen. The other two suggestions I mentioned isn't actually that important, at least not for me. I just thought of asking for them too since NeoGamma/GX is almost "up to date" and there is no need to for the CFG Team to invent the wheel all over again when it's already done by them so I thought it would be an easy implent in CFG as well.

And I fully agree the CFG developers has done an explended work and put a lot of swett, tears and blood in this project. That's why I really really wish they atlest considering making a smal update to keep the compatibilty "up to date".

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Custom categories would be a fine addition as well.

I suspect this can somehow be done by messing around with the themes, but having it automatically available would be fantastic. Last night, I noticed that Wii Backup Manager downloads a bigger wiitdb.xml file than CFG does. It then converts this file to a custom format, but I managed to make a copy of the file in the 3 seconds or so that the file stays on the hard drive :D . Somebody alerted me aftewards, that this is the file file you get when you click on the wiitdb.xml link in the downloads page, rather than one of the localized files (duh!). The beauty of this larger database is that it contains entries for WiiWare and VC games, which works wonders if you have forwarder ISO's installed along with your disc games. This way, I can now display game info for these games.

Taking this one step further, the database specifies whether the games are WiiWare or VC (and from what original game system), in the field. This field is empty for disc games, so this allows you to determine which games are what. What I would love to have, is another form of filtering besides genre, online, etc., that uses this field. With it, we could sort games into WiiWare, N64, SNES, etc.

Would this require the dev team to implement it as part of the programs core coding, or is there a way to achieve this by manipulating the themes?

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country

I suspect this can somehow be done by messing around with the themes, but having it automatically available would be fantastic. Last night, I noticed that Wii Backup Manager downloads a bigger wiitdb.xml file than CFG does. It then converts this file to a custom format, but I managed to make a copy of the file in the 3 seconds or so that the file stays on the hard drive :D . Somebody alerted me aftewards, that this is the file file you get when you click on the wiitdb.xml link in the downloads page, rather than one of the localized files (duh!). The beauty of this larger database is that it contains entries for WiiWare and VC games, which works wonders if you have forwarder ISO's installed along with your disc games. This way, I can now display game info for these games.

Taking this one step further, the database specifies whether the games are WiiWare or VC (and from what original game system), in the field. This field is empty for disc games, so this allows you to determine which games are what. What I would love to have, is another form of filtering besides genre, online, etc., that uses this field. With it, we could sort games into WiiWare, N64, SNES, etc.

Would this require the dev team to implement it as part of the programs core coding, or is there a way to achieve this by manipulating the themes?
Nice suggessions but I think it's better to prioritize the compabilities with cIOS and make the games work first rather than implementing new feauters. At least that's is my opinion.

@[member='FIX94']
Thanks for the info ;)

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice suggessions but I think it's better to prioritize the compabilities with cIOS and make the games work first rather than implementing new feauters. At least that's is my opinion.
Ha, ha!
I don't disagree, but it sounds condescendingly funny: "nice, nice, but let's prioritize my suggestions".
hehe maybe it sounded like that but isn't true that it is better to be able to play the games rather than having a nice gui and not be able to play them? Prioritizing you know :P (better to have a car that drives than one better looking that doesn't :P

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, after playing with Configurator, it looks like this functionality would have to built into the loader, instead of being able to do it with themes.
I hope something like this can be implemented one day.

live2play

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I select Download Themes, only 60 themes are listed from wii.spiffy360.com even though there are currently 243 themes available. Is there a configuration variable that needs to be set to download the list for all of the themes rather than just the first 60?

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have a problem with an hard disk.

My friend brought me his virgin 4.3 Black Wii with a Samsung S2 Portable 3 640GB hard-drive. I used ModMii to get all the necessary (this is the guide), but some games freeze or don't boot at all, eg. Super Mario Galaxy 1.

I tried my Western Digital hard-drive (that I use with my Wii) and the game booted.

I checked the game on the Samsung hard-drive, but there's nothing strange.

What can I do? I tried even to format the drive in WBFS and using the 222-version of the CFGLoader, but it didn't solve the problem.

Thanks for help.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
add savegame option to eNand, plz
oggzee has already said that this is not going to happen. Because he thinks that's the same as suporting pirating. (If I understod him right..)
Yeah, plus saves take up so little room that there is no reason to spend all that time on it. I seriously doubt anybody could afford to buy enough games to fill the whole nand with saves.

Albatroz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
add savegame option to eNand, plz
oggzee has already said that this is not going to happen. Because he thinks that's the same as suporting pirating. (If I understod him right..)
Yeah, plus saves take up so little room that there is no reason to spend all that time on it. I seriously doubt anybody could afford to buy enough games to fill the whole nand with saves.
I dont care about wii memory space,, my problem is:
I like to use eNand + postloader to play my games and wiiwares.
But, my wife dont like Postloader Gui, or default neek loading method.
So, If CFG would storage savegames to eNand, then this would be nice like another loaders (not stable as CFG). This will allow sharing savegames from CFG and Neek mode.
got it?
thx

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It depends on the HDD, check out the HDD sleep issue because you have a WD one.

Thanks for the answer.

I thought of the sleep issue, but there is no option I could change.

Is there a configuration I can use?
http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=305&sid=154&lang=en

I'm not sure if it will works with your model, it fixed my iddle problem with my WD My Passport SE 1T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?