Hacking Configurable USB Loader

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi loooooong time since i posted here, been away from the wii scene for a while.... anyway... the kids have recently got back into playing wii and it got me interested again :) I am currently running the latest v70-222 (always find it loads up faster then the 249 version) but i have a couple of questions...

Does anybody have trouble trying to update either titles.txt or WiiTDB.zip? I get a network connection and it looks like its about to download and then it just freezes.....

My kids have a uDraw tablet and on all the games where you have an option to save your picture to sd card it always fails, sometimes says that theres no sd card inserted, other times it says i cannot use the inserted sd card??

Anybody have any idea about this because the kids are getting annoyed about not being able to save their hard work lol.

I am running cfg completely from usb, no loader files on sd card.

ALSO: Cfg crashes if the uDraw tablet is connected upon boot up, i can provide a short video showing what happens and the resulting stack dump, if it would help. I dont know if cfg is still being maintained??

Anyway thanks in advance for any replies/help received. :)

EDIT: I have managed to update the tites.txt and wiitdb.zip using the cfg configurator :) (think it was successful anyway)

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I just replaced my old cIOS with d2x v7 in slot 249. The old one was installed so long ago that I don't even remember what version it was. I noticed that when I load a game now, the console gives me the message "IOS reload blocked," and the game still loads normally after that. Is this happening because of the new cIOS? Is it normal or do I need to change any settings?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I just replaced my old cIOS with d2x v7 in slot 249. The old one was installed so long ago that I don't even remember what version it was. I noticed that when I load a game now, the console gives me the message "IOS reload blocked," and the game still loads normally after that. Is this happening because of the new cIOS? Is it normal or do I need to change any settings?
Lol, that's not an error, that's a feature. It's only available with new versions.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol, that's not an error, that's a feature.
Yep, this feature allows you to play all games without alt dol like metroid prime trilogy or csi or call of duty! You can just load the games and they work, thanks to this feature.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I see there are categories to be used as filters but I can't see how to assign a game to a category:

is there anybody who can help me with this, please?

Is there a "place" in CFG USB loader where I can see or even put categories information?
Thanks.

I'm in the same boat as you. I would love to be able to use custom categories for ISO forwarded games.

However there seems to be a work-around according to this post, although I have not tried it myself. You would basically setup profiles where the favorites are the actual custom categories you want to use (WiiWare, N64, etc.). You then assign the "2" button to switch profiles and specify "start in favorites" in the configuration.

This way, by clicking "2", you jump from say, discs, to wiiware. If you still want to see all games together, you can have a profile that includes all games as favorites but I understand there is a limit of 100, so you could also just navigate away from "favorites" on any profile. Alternatively, you could just use the profiles to hide the games you don't want shown under each category.

Although none are very convenient, there are many ways to skin it.

6HyPeR9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before but, when I load a GC Controller compatible Wii game (Such as Brawl/MKWII/TvC), the gamecube controller doesn't work, only the wiimote.
I have tried:
Updating everything with modmii
Loading from the disc (GCcontroller works from disc)
Uninstalling USB loader then re-installing

I am also 4.1U if that helps.

Any idea guys?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gamecube controller were never a problem for me, that's some really strange problem. Which cIOS have you installed with modmii?

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, that's not an error, that's a feature.
Yep, this feature allows you to play all games without alt dol like metroid prime trilogy or csi or call of duty! You can just load the games and they work, thanks to this feature.

It see that the Wii Motion Plus instructional video in Skyward Sword also works now. Is that also the result of this feature?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
t see that the Wii Motion Plus instructional video in Skyward Sword also works now. Is that also the result of this feature?
Correct. You will also be able to play Metroid Prime Trilogy correctly now, including the MP2 multiplayer game, previously inaccessible through the alt dol method. Another game that should work properly for you now is Raving Rabbids Party Collection and all games with Wii Motion Plus, as you saw.

6HyPeR9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecube controller were never a problem for me, that's some really strange problem. Which cIOS have you installed with modmii?

EDIT: I just found out it is not just a USB problem, I just tried loading brawl from gecko and GC didn't work, so I made a thread instead

live2play

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked through the configuration options and haven't been able to figure this out. Is it possible to have multiple images of the same game? I create mod menus for games like Call of Duty: Black Ops and want to have several game images that have different mod menu variations. I've tried, but only one of the images is ever loaded. I see the three Black Ops covers, but no matter which one I select, only one of the game images loads. Is this possible to do?

kskreider

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am gonna try to keep this short. I have had a soft modded Wii for a couple of years using Wiigator's backup loader. I recently dropped a 2TB external off the kitchen table and onto the hardwood floor. I broke open the enclosure and sent in the drive for an RMA once I figured out it was mechanical issue. While I was waiting for the RMA to come home the exact same drive went on sale for $90 so I picked up a spare. Since I had two 2TB drives I "re-modded" the Wii by updating to the CFG Loader v70.

Using and Wii Backup Manager it was EASY to get a wbfs game to load and play off a FAT 32GB USB flash stick but I could not get the same game to play off the NTFS 2TB GoFlex to save my life. I finally decided to dump a game from disc DIRECTLY from my Wii using the "-" button and what CFG did was create a new wbfs directory on my 2TB drive that was written in lowercase while the original one that I created was in upper case. wbfs/ vs. WBFS/

I moved everything over into the new directory and now everything works FINE. Odd.

Anyway, I love it so far. A donation is headed to GameTDB now...

Thanks, yo!

live2play

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked through the configuration options and haven't been able to find how to make all of the game covers when selected a particular style (e.g. full). If I use cover_style=full, then all of the game covers are displayed as full on the main list of the games as well as when a specific game is selected. I only want the style to be applied for the cover that is displayed when a game is selected. Does anyone know how to do this?

KDM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.
When I go to the cheat manager and hit "download txt file" I get a 404 error.
Is this cheat system now defunct? The loader makes many references to "Ocarina" cheats and I read elsewhere that WiiRD is the preferred method.
Can anyone clue me in, please?
Thanks.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 404 error will most likely mean that they havent got a txt file on the site or the site is down, just try it later again to see if it works.

KDM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The 404 error will most likely mean that they havent got a txt file on the site or the site is down, just try it later again to see if it works.

Yeah, that's what a 404 means, but this has been ongoing for a few days now.

The net connection is OKay (I'm able to get cover updates and stuff.) I've never tried this before, so I wondered if I was doing something silly, but the site where the txt files live does seem to be down: several forum links to it also 404 me.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The net connection is OKay (I'm able to get cover updates and stuff.) I've never tried this before, so I wondered if I was doing something silly, but the site where the txt files live does seem to be down: several forum links to it also 404 me.
Yeah, may they have some serious server problems.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='oggzee'], usptactical, gannon and Dr.Clipper
Hi there, the work you've done with this loader is amazing. I'am just wondering if you're considering to make a smal update to fix/support some smal stuff.
  • A way to bypass some or all of the anti cheat code protections. See NeoGamma R9 beta 53.
  • Supporting the latest cIOS (d2x). See NeoGamma R9 beta 54 ("Added support for the changed cIOS stealth mode from d2x v8+")
  • Fixes/patches for some of the latest games from Ubisoft. (Driver, Tintin etc)
These are the main things I really would like to see in CFG USB Loader.

KDM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I go to the cheat manager and hit "download txt file" I get a 404 error.
Well, damn. I selected to download cheats again and it worked. "OK," I thought, "It's working again."

Nooooo... Actually, you get a 404 error if the game you're trying to download cheats for HAS NO CHEATS! I had Wii Fit Plus selected when I hit the download button, and the server doesn't appear to hold any cheats for this game!

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@[member='oggzee'], usptactical, gannon and Dr.Clipper
Hi there, the work you've done with this loader is amazing. I'am just wondering if you're considering to make a smal update to fix/support some smal stuff.
  • A way to bypass some or all of the anti cheat code protections. See NeoGamma R9 beta 53.
  • Supporting the latest cIOS (d2x). See NeoGamma R9 beta 54 ("Added support for the changed cIOS stealth mode from d2x v8+")
  • Fixes/patches for some of the latest games from Ubisoft. (Driver, Tintin etc)
These are the main things I really would like to see in CFG USB Loader.
Nice suggestions IceIceBird!
May I add a second hooktype request for Block IOS reload games such as MPT and MoM in order to have cheat support?I think that only NeoGamma utilizes this at the moment...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo