Hacking Configurable USB Loader

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way I can get this loader to make entries into my Wii Diary? I know many of you don't care but I like tracking my play data through the Nintendo Channel. ULoader has Diary access it would be off for this program not to have the same feature. Actually this program does not have USB-DVD access either. Maybe CFG Loader isn't quite finished yet?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Is there any way I can get this loader to make entries into my Wii Diary? I know many of you don't care but I like tracking my play data through the Nintendo Channel. ULoader has Diary access it would be off for this program not to have the same feature. Actually this program does not have USB-DVD access either. Maybe CFG Loader isn't quite finished yet?
No USB-DVD because nobody except you uses that, lol. Open config.txt and add the following line to it:
CODEwrite_playlog = 1

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
LightyKD said:
No USB-DVD because nobody except you uses that, lol. Open config.txt and add the following line to it:
CODEwrite_playlog = 1

You would be surprised how much USB-DVD can be helpful, especially when you need to see if your legit DVD drive is working correctly. I guess the only other thing I wish this program had is a way to watch the game banner before starting the game. it just adds to the "Wii Experience"
tongue.gif
I'm thinking about going 100% digital with my entertainment once I get a big enough HDD.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
JoostinOnline said:
LightyKD said:
CODEwrite_playlog = 1
Nice, I didn't know that =)

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tHciNc said:
Its the 223 you need for the instruments to run, 223[38+37]v4 is what ive always had in that slot and all gutiar games work fine
smile.gif
Just make sure to load with 223

Yeah, I specifically tried 223 v4 37+38, because I heard that was one that worked. It didn't...

JoostinOnline said:
QUOTE(Foie @ Oct 5 2011, 05:18 PM) So I bought an official mic for Guitar Hero World Tour, but apparently it isn't recognized. I then read that Hermes cios222 would fix it, but it didn't. I tried it with merged 37 and 38, I tried d2x on 247 and 248, I tried plugginf it in beforehand and afterward, but it never works...

Does anybody know why my mic isn't working? It's really pissing me off... Thanks!
Try this setup:
202[60]v5.1 rodries mod
222[38]v4
223[38+37]v4
224[57]v5.1 rodries mod
249[56] d2x v6
250[57] d2x v6

Then use 249.

If I did that setup, wouldn't only 249[56] d2x v6 be the one running? Or are the others CIOSes needed somehow? Because I tried that and it didn't work either...

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
jtorres said:
JoostinOnline said:
jtorres said:
JoostinOnline said:
Try it from the HBC.

not sure if this was response to mine, if so, did you mean launch cfg from homebrew? if so, yeah ive tried that, ive tried launching it from the USB Loader channel that shows this wii remote, and both do the same hing, go to the blue cfg screen and stay there for a couple minutes, then says retrying, and something along the lines of hdd not found.
Is your HDD plugged into the port closest to the edge, and is it formatted as FAT32?

yup, ive tried doing this from USB, from SD card and nothing is working, not sure where to go from here, and like I said my friend who walked me through all this, his was working fine, but he unplugged his thumb drive from USB to copy some of his files to my sd and usb drive, when he put his back in his wii now he's getting the same error, so maybe his worked out of luck.

My kid is asking everyday when am I going o get it fixed, so any help or anyone willing to maybe walk me through this from the beginning to ensure its being done right I would really appreciate it.

When the blue CFG screen comes up what version and IOS is displayed on the bottom right?
What program did you use to mod your Wii?
I'm no expert but I used ModMii and the CFG loader worked fine. You can also use ModMii to setup a USB drive with all the necessary files to load up through the HBC or via the USB Loader channel.

Holzfliege

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Filter ist not the best...

I hope the programmer could insert a Filter where i self can insert my own games in a list.

So i can fast Load my Favourite Games.

Over 300 Games in ABC order ist a bit much to find the Favourite Games.

Greets, Holzfliege

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Holzfliege said:
Filter ist not the best...
I hope the programmer could insert a Filter where i self can insert my own games in a list.
So i can fast Load my Favourite Games.
Over 300 Games in ABC order ist a bit much to find the Favourite Games.
Greets, Holzfliege
lol
click the favorite button (the star icon) or press wiimote button 2.
that's it

jtorres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pjmorie said:
When the blue CFG screen comes up what version and IOS is displayed on the bottom right?
What program did you use to mod your Wii?
I'm no expert but I used ModMii and the CFG loader worked fine. You can also use ModMii to setup a USB drive with all the necessary files to load up through the HBC or via the USB Loader channel.

On the blue CFG screen it says v70 (or 7.0) and 249 below it, and the modding was done via the Letterbomb method if that means anything, I'm not too familiar with all this, so I had my friend who had his modded walk me through the process which didnt take very long.

1) Since my Wii is already modded, would I just download ModMii to format and setup the USB drive? If so, can I just do away with the files that are on there now that related to CFG loader? or?

2) Is the SD card used for anything, if so, will ModMii need to do anything to prepare the SD card, and would I do away with whatever files related to CFG that are on there now?

UPDATE:
Downloaded ModMii, installed locally, ran the USB loader setup, selected all the recommended settings:
1 to format as fat32, selected 1 for configurable USB loader, etc., when it was done all the files were on the USB, ran it from the USB loader Channel, and still at the blue CFG screen, after about 3 minutes of waiting it says:
Searching for config.txt
[USB Mass Storage Device]
[+] Mounting device, please wait...
(90 seconds timeout)

And it says retry 1, then 2, and so on.

Any suggestions what is wrong here, should I Mod the Wii again? Or has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Foie @ Oct 6 2011, 11:00 PM)
If I did that setup, wouldn't only 249[56] d2x v6 be the one running? Or are the others CIOSes needed somehow? Because I tried that and it didn't work either...

You didn't say if it was base 56. The base is the most important thing.

Yeah, it was base 56...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Foie @ Oct 6 2011, 11:00 PM)

You didn't say if it was base 56. The base is the most important thing.

Yeah, it was base 56...
Try 223[38+37]v4

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
UPDATE:
Downloaded ModMii, installed locally, ran the USB loader setup, selected all the recommended settings:
1 to format as fat32, selected 1 for configurable USB loader, etc., when it was done all the files were on the USB, ran it from the USB loader Channel, and still at the blue CFG screen, after about 3 minutes of waiting it says:
Searching for config.txt
[USB Mass Storage Device]
[+] Mounting device, please wait...
(90 seconds timeout)

And it says retry 1, then 2, and so on.

Any suggestions what is wrong here, should I Mod the Wii again? Or has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Do you have these three folders on the hard drive and is it formatted as FAT32:
1. apps (contains a folder called USBLoader_cfg which in turn has 4 files in it)
2. usb-loader (this has all the setup info for the CFG Loader, it should have a config.txt file in it)
3. wbfs (where you store your backups)
Did you try and run it through the HBC channel again after copying over the files?

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ Sep 27 2011, 08:09 AM)

QUOTE(lostdwarf @ Sep 27 2011, 08:38 AM)
update: I found excite truck works and so does mad wrold and mario kart.

nothing else does though but I forgot I updated my wii shopping channel too would that have anything to do with the error?

How is your drive formatted? If WBFS, then this is almost certainly the WBFS drive corruption issue. If that's the case, there's no real solution apart from reformatting the drive, although some games will start to fail or even fix themselves at random if you install or delete other games.

Also, is there any chance that you have saved per-game options for those particular games and not others? If so, see what is different between them.

It is indeed WBFS... what drive corruption issue? :/
should I copy my games to another drive? or will they copy over broken?

I dont know what you mean about the saves...
edit. I know what you mean now but no that doesnt seem to matter as madworld has particular per game options and works and so does mariokart which just worked without changing anything.
EDITAGAIN.
wiiplaymotion worked this morning but in black and white so I forced pal60 and I got that damn error again.

please help me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay