Hacking Configurable USB Loader

qwertykey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
Wow, IOS37. That's old. You really should rehack your Wii.

Anyway, the answer is yes. You can put the Cfg files on your HDD if it is formatted as FAT32. I think NTFS might work with a forwarder channel, but I don't recommend it.

Thanks for your reply. I would like to update the iOS, but would I need to install Homebrew again on the SD card? Is it necessary and what difference would it make? Thanks!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
qwertykey said:
JoostinOnline said:

Anyway, the answer is yes. You can put the Cfg files on your HDD if it is formatted as FAT32. I think NTFS might work with a forwarder channel, but I don't recommend it.

Thanks for your reply. I would like to update the iOS, but would I need to install Homebrew again on the SD card? Is it necessary and what difference would it make? Thanks!
You can run the IOS58 Installer and hackmii (in that order) from your HDD. IOS58 is required for a lot of stuff that uses USB HDD. If you are going to use a HDD, you will the HBC running on IOS58.

Btw, do you still have a NAND backup from Bootmii? If not, you need to make one. An SD card (a 1GB or 2GB) is required for that. It is very important that you make one.

qwertykey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
qwertykey said:
JoostinOnline said:

You can run the IOS58 Installer and hackmii (in that order) from your HDD. IOS58 is required for a lot of stuff that uses USB HDD. If you are going to use a HDD, you will the HBC running on IOS58.

Btw, do you still have a NAND backup from Bootmii? If not, you need to make one. An SD card (a 1GB or 2GB) is required for that. It is very important that you make one.

I don't think I do have a NAND backup. If I connect my USB drive, is my Wii or HBC meant to recognize the drive automatically?

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick region compatibility question:

I have a NTSC Wii. I'm playing a PAL game. I'm using the "Game's Default Region" for the display. Should I change it to force NTSC? Or will nothing bad happen if I leave it at default?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Zhelkus said:

I have a NTSC Wii. I'm playing a PAL game. I'm using the "Game's Default Region" for the display. Should I change it to force NTSC? Or will nothing bad happen if I leave it at default?
If your Wii is set to 480p, you shouldn't have a problem with most PAL games. If you are only playing in SD, they probably won't work unless you choose Force NTSC, unless you have a PAL TV.

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Zhelkus said:

If your Wii is set to 480p, you shouldn't have a problem with most PAL games. If you are only playing in SD, they probably won't work unless you choose Force NTSC, unless you have a PAL TV.
I have an NTSC tv that displays up to 1080p and my Wii is hooked up thru component cables allowing for 480p display. All good rite?

Game in mention is Xenoblade Chronicles btw.
biggrin.gif

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zhelkus said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Zhelkus said:

I have an NTSC tv that displays up to 1080p and my Wii is hooked up thru component cables allowing for 480p display. All good rite?

Game in mention is Xenoblade Chronicles btw.
biggrin.gif

I would force it to NTSC.
Nothing bad will happen except the game might not play, but chances are it will.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zhelkus said:

If you have a really good tv then it will probably support both NTSC and PAL video signals (my sony bravia does). If your TV doesn't support PAL signals it will just come up in black and white and/or be distorted. So you won't need to force NTSC if it playing properly on default settings.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
I would force it to NTSC.
Nothing bad will happen except the game might not play, but chances are it will.
Actually, bad stuff could happen. 480p is the same regardless of region, so if your Wii is set to 480p and the game supports it, you're much better off not forcing anything. Forcing NTSC should only be necessary if you don't have your Wii set up to use 480p. That does leave the games that don't support 480p, but you can force those games to 480p using the Video=Force NTSC, Video Patch=All combo.

Aranarth

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, I'm a newbie here, and I have a question. I just modded my wii a couple of hours ago and everything works fine, but I can't get the covers to appear on CFG USB Loader. A quick Googling told me that if the Wii's online, the covers should appear, but they don't. Can I get them from somewhere and save them? If so, where? Or maybe there's a setting somewhere that I didn't see.

Thanks!

xawesomex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a lazy bastard who doesn't want to search the topic, but I have a suggestion. If this thing could have a save extractor/installer built in, everything would be set. Or at the least, an option to load saves from the SD/USB, but I want to extract saves a lot more.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Aranarth said:
Hi, I'm a newbie here, and I have a question. I just modded my wii a couple of hours ago and everything works fine, but I can't get the covers to appear on CFG USB Loader. A quick Googling told me that if the Wii's online, the covers should appear, but they don't. Can I get them from somewhere and save them? If so, where? Or maybe there's a setting somewhere that I didn't see.

Thanks!
You need to download the covers for your games. Pick a game and go to the options to download the cover images for tht game, or navigate the menus and you'll also find the Download All button to et all the covers for your installed games.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a long time WiiFlow user who switch to CFG and am wondering if when you are scrolling from game to game is there is a way to jump forward or back to the next letter in the alphabet.

Is cursor_jump supposed to help with this?

Also I can't seem to get it to re-start from the last run game. If I launch a game and have it set to reload CFG on exiting the game it doesn't jump back to that game in the menu when you exit the game and return to the menu.

select = previous does not seem to be working but maybe I am not understanding what this code was supposed to do.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Aranarth

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dr. Clipper said:
Aranarth said:

Thanks!
You need to download the covers for your games. Pick a game and go to the options to download the cover images for tht game, or navigate the menus and you'll also find the Download All button to et all the covers for your installed games.

oh, thanks, for some reason I didn't see the options. There's so much stuff there, it's amazing
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bostonBC said:
I am a long time WiiFlow user who switch to CFG and am wondering if when you are scrolling from game to game is there is a way to jump forward or back to the next letter in the alphabet.

Also I can't seem to get it to re-start from the last run game. If I launch a game and have it set to reload CFG on exiting the game it doesn't jump back to that game in the menu when you exit the game and return to the menu.

select = previous does not seem to be working but maybe I am not understanding what this code was supposed to do.

There is no way to jump to alphabet letters on Cfg. There's also no jump at all in the GUI, cursor_jump only applies to the console view.

The game selection should work, provided you have write_playstats turned on (but not write_playlog, which is incompatible with return_to_channel). I'll test it out myself though and see if I can replicate it.

Edit: Nope, can't replicate it. Works fine for me. The only things I can think of that would make this fail are if you either have write_playstats switched off or it can't write the playstats file for some other reason.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
bostonBC said:

There is no way to jump to alphabet letters on Cfg. There's also no jump at all in the GUI, cursor_jump only applies to the console view.

The game selection should work, provided you have write_playstats turned on (but not write_playlog, which is incompatible with return_to_channel). I'll test it out myself though and see if I can replicate it.

Edit: Nope, can't replicate it. Works fine for me. The only things I can think of that would make this fail are if you either have write_playstats switched off or it can't write the playstats file for some other reason.
Thanks for the note back... My collection is over 1000 games now so it's nice (in WiiFlow) to skip to the next letter of games in the list.

I was able to get returning to the last used game to work... not sure what I fat fingered.

Have a great evening.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bostonBC said:
Dr. Clipper said:
bostonBC said:

Thanks for the note back... My collection is over 1000 games now so it's nice (in WiiFlow) to skip to the next letter of games in the list.

I was able to get returning to the last used game to work... not sure what I fat fingered.

Have a great evening.

Hows the space for all those save games? LOL
I've 'only' have 300 + games and mines full,allready have to backup mine with savegamemanager gx!

Anyway, is there a fix for Driver San "Fiasco" being worked on for cfg loader?

http://gbatemp.net/t306938-wii-2661-driver...t&p=3863636

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
bostonBC said:
Dr. Clipper said:
bostonBC said:

Have a great evening.

Hows the space for all those save games? LOL
I've 'only' have 300 + games and mines full,allready have to backup mine with savegamemanager gx!

Anyway, is there a fix for Driver San "Fiasco" being worked on for cfg loader?

http://gbatemp.net/t306938-wii-2661-driver...t&p=3863636

Ha... I know what you mean about the save games... fortunately I am more of a collector than a player and my kids pretty much play the same few dozen games and that's it so my NAND memory hasn't been filled (yet).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill