Hacking Configurable USB Loader

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rubbish. Even if it did, reports of the NAND "wearing out" are greatly exaggerated. The wii makes dozens of changes every time the system is booted and the filesystem is always written to the same reserved area - if you're scared about your NAND being overused you may as well not turn it on at all.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
Rubbish. Even if it did, reports of the NAND "wearing out" are greatly exaggerated. The wii makes dozens of changes every time the system is booted and the filesystem is always written to the same reserved area - if you're scared about your NAND being overused you may as well not turn it on at all.
Exactly. The file used for game time logging is constantly being written during gameplay too, at least once a minute and probably even more often. The once-per-game copy from SD is nothing in comparison.

QUOTE(MWisBest @ Mar 2 2011, 02:45 PM) When will we be seeing an updated version? I'd like to see something to address v65-compat being completely broken.
There's a very significant change being made right now, so it might be a little bit longer yet. One that people have wanted for a VERY long time.

anbidan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Dr. Clipper said:
There's a very significant change being made right now, so it might be a little bit longer yet. One that people have wanted for a VERY long time.

Will be anxious waiting for that, but, can you pleeeeaaase tell us what's that significant change that you are working on and that's been "wanted for a VERY long time"?. Please be kind and tell us!!!
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, thank you very much, and congratulations, for your great job!
yaywii.gif

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

Using last version (6.5) on a 4.3E Wii, with IOS249 (Wanin base 38 rev17b modmii (r17)) and it doesn't go from the loading screen of Cfg USB Loader (either going through HBC or official forwarder v8 alternative). No errors, it just hangs. Hard disk doesn't blink during this time. This happens with a Packard-Bell 160Gb hard drive. I already checked the USB Devices Compatibility List, but unfortunately it is not mentioned there...
I also tried different IOS (via meta.xml), with d2x r21 v2 base 56 and 57 and Hermes cIOS, and no luck!

I tried this with Hermes uLoader and it works perfectly... Strange, isn't it?

With a different hard drive, in the same Wii, it all works OK (with Cfg USB Loader).

Already tried 6.5-compat and no luck...
When trying 6.5-dbg, I got the following outcome:

imagevon.jpg

Any ideas on how to figure out how to make the damn Packard Bell work?

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
chop said:
Dr. Clipper said:

Ooh, Banner animations, nice.

People have been asking for this change for longer than they've been asking for that, lol.

QUOTE(Sc4rFac3d @ Mar 3 2011, 04:27 AM)
Where can I find the full channel? I only see the forwarder in the other download links.

Thanks
There isn't one. They can't be updated easily, they don't support configuration or covers, and they cause a bunch more headaches that make them virtually useless.

If all you want to do is remove the need for an SD card, you can put Cfg's .dol and support files onto the same hard drive that has the games provided you didn't format it as fully WBFS. If you did format as fully WBFS, then perhaps it's time to consider switching it to one of the better formats instead (FAT32 or NTFS). Both the forwarder and HBC can boot Cfg in this way (although HBC only supports FAT32, not NTFS).

Raul8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I know it is possible to have the led on during gameplay (there is a build of another loader with the feature) but after trying cfg I found the options available better, so I use cfg now.
yaywii.gif
Because having the led on is something very few people want as a feature, I understand why it isn't in cfg. So my question is: is it possible to simply add a line or two in the config.txt to implement somehow the option?

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the abilty to load homebrew from the loader

edit or the laser that scratchs ur butt while playing c.o.d lol
but im hoping for the homebrew loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
goku1980 said:
the abilty to load homebrew from the loader

edit or the laser that scratchs ur butt while playing c.o.d lol
but im hoping for the homebrew loader
No, we're sticking to our guns on not implementing stuff that there are already much better apps for (exiting to the HBC in Cfg is easy).

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping for some sort of solution for saves. I can't even have saves for all the guitar hero/rock band games on my wii, and don't get me started on DLC, which even saved to the SD has to be transferred to the NAND when used, and last I checked a problem with the cios makes it impossible for the game to remove the songs from the NAND when it is suppose to.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DGenerateKane said:
I'm hoping for some sort of solution for saves. I can't even have saves for all the guitar hero/rock band games on my wii, and don't get me started on DLC, which even saved to the SD has to be transferred to the NAND when used, and last I checked a problem with the cios makes it impossible for the game to remove the songs from the NAND when it is suppose to.

thats a awsome idea

@dr.clipper so my laser request is still in play freaking awsome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~