Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
JJBro1 said:
can anyone get cheats to work for donkey kong country returns? I put the gct files in usploader>codes. When I manage codes with ocarina on it says it can't find any codes, but when I start the game after it says wii game booting it says ocarina cheats found. However the cheats aren't working.
The manage codes thing works only for the .txt format and is a method for making .gct files for the really simple cheats. It is best to make your .gct files elsewhere as you did first off, and they are obviously being found due to the message you are getting.

As for getting the cheats to work, you probably need a different hook type setting. Try them all and see if any of them work.

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
unfortunately i didn't have time to test, so please let me know if the above problems are indeed fixed.
Sorry oggzee, I raised this issue originally but have been OS until today. Using v61 and the dual wiimote problem seems fixed. Really like the new default theme also. Thanks for your efforts.

Zod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
just look for folder called music in your CFG Loader directory on your SD and copy your mp3 file there.. Start Loader and you will have your own music.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this seems petty but with the new stripes theme and the stripes forwarder, all we need now is a stripes splash screen. Like i said, i know its petty but everything looks so clean and nice. This would make the whole theme perfect. BTW, the work you guys do is amazing and it is really appreciated. Thanks.

.44 Magnum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
JJBro1 said:
can anyone get cheats to work for donkey kong country returns? I put the gct files in usploader>codes. When I manage codes with ocarina on it says it can't find any codes, but when I start the game after it says wii game booting it says ocarina cheats found. However the cheats aren't working.
The manage codes thing works only for the .txt format and is a method for making .gct files for the really simple cheats. It is best to make your .gct files elsewhere as you did first off, and they are obviously being found due to the message you are getting.

As for getting the cheats to work, you probably need a different hook type setting. Try them all and see if any of them work.
Also, on geckocodes.org there are two different sets of codes. I've seen several different people have problems getting codes to work with this game, but once they switched to the alternate code set the cheats worked fine.

Chebico

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bd3319 said:
I know this seems petty but with the new stripes theme and the stripes forwarder, all we need now is a stripes splash screen. Like i said, i know its petty but everything looks so clean and nice. This would make the whole theme perfect. BTW, the work you guys do is amazing and it is really appreciated. Thanks.

Im also using stripes forwarder and theme.
Id love a stripes splash too!

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm using the last forwarder release (v6). It takes very long to start after I moved the usbloader dir to my NTFS drive. Adding a load command for ntfs://usbloader/config.txt to meta.xml makes it start as fast as usual from HBC but the forwarder is pretty slow... is that new forwarder intended to fix that "issue"?

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
FIX94 said:
oggzee said:
You mean in first post?
I thought I already did?
... checked yes it's there
Or you mean something else?
Yes, I mean the first post. I was not able to see it, I cleared my cache and now it's there lol
Here is the alternative v6:
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v6 Alternative.wad
CRC32 is 1CFB9176.
Hi FIX94, your forwarder is great, really fast!
Is there a chance you can make an alternative in black to match the option "intro=3" of the meta.xml file?
Thank you all for your hard work, and if there's something I can help just tell me.
Regards!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
metllmulisha said:
can you put you own music on cfg usb loader? and is so how do you do this? please get back to me email-- [email protected]
The default music folder is actually just Cfg's base directory (check the Global Settings page by pushing 1 twice to see what it is). Put .mp3s and .mods there and they will play. Alternatively, you can set your own folder with the music=pathtomusic option in config.txt.

MasterMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I think i got a reproduceable bug, dunno if it's with CFG or cIOSx rev20.
I have a 4.1U softmoded wii with no chip. Samsung S2 500GB FAT32 formated HD. 61 release CFG. cIOSx rev20 base 57. Original Classsic controller and remote.
When i play Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special or EX2 (my only jap games) with classic pad, now and then a msg box pops out with a japanese text where i can only read "classic mode" or something. It renders both the game unusable.
This goes away when i use CIOS222 m-load to launch the game.
Now i don't know if CFG or CIOSx rev20 is the cause.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
When I go to Manage Cheats, select a cheat with an X, save to gct, then press B to go back, the cheat is not selected when I go back to Manage Cheats. Am I doing something wrong?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
MasterMan said:
I think i got a reproduceable bug, dunno if it's with CFG or cIOSx rev20.
I have a 4.1U softmoded wii with no chip. Samsung S2 500GB FAT32 formated HD. 61 release CFG. cIOSx rev20 base 57. Original Classsic controller and remote.
When i play Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special or EX2 (my only jap games) with classic pad, now and then a msg box pops out with a japanese text where i can only read "classic mode" or something. It renders both the game unusable.
This goes away when i use CIOS222 m-load to launch the game.
Now i don't know if CFG or CIOSx rev20 is the cause.
I guess it's ciosx r20 problem.
You can try with a different version (try v60) to see if it behaves the same.
And also some other loader (wiiflow)

QUOTE(Knocks @ Dec 7 2010, 08:32 AM) When I go to Manage Cheats, select a cheat with an X, save to gct, then press B to go back, the cheat is not selected when I go back to Manage Cheats. Am I doing something wrong?
You're not doing anything wrong.
We don't remember the selected cheats. It's very hard to get the state from the .gct file, so we would need to save the state to a third file, which we didn't implement. I think coverfloader did have this functionality that it remembers the saved state to a third file...
But the .gct file created is created with the selected cheats properly.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v62a (alpha)
cfg62a.dol
cfg62a-222.dol
lang62a.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v62a (alpha)
* Updated libs:
- libfat 1.0.5 -> 1.0.7
- jpeg 8a -> 8b
- png 1.2.34 -> 1.4.4
- zlib 1.2.4 -> 1.2.5
* New default intro=4 : stripes themed (by abdias)

I know there wasn't much new functionality in the past few versions but these devkit and lib updates are simply necessary for future updates.

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok, ive got a guy who is running cfg just fine and it also detects the games but with eevery game he tries to open it says "an error occured please eject the dvd" or something like that

anyone ever heard of this problem?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i always get this error when i let my HDD rundown so just access the usb loader by means of hbc or forwarder or full channel seeing as when your on the usb loader the hdd is constantly in use
smile.gif
hope this helps also try booting with ios222rev5.1 for fat32 drives optional but may help i always boot with that IOS and only use 249 when some games wont play.

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
we just tried it on his sd card detects the game but the same error no matter what ios, and the game we tried is corrupted since it works on my wii
its very odd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?