Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
FIX94 said:
@oggzee:
Please replace v5 with v6 and it would be nice if you would add the v6 alternative if it's ready.
You mean in first post?
I thought I already did?
... checked yes it's there
Or you mean something else?

Just a small update, my friend whose Wii has the missing/corrupted text for CFG finally told me that it was solved with this version : http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t3.dol

docdoc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update - I used the online update feature to 'downgrade' to v60 - the covers are back and everything seems to be working normally. Is this a known issue with v61?

docdoc said:
Hey all...

So I've been working with a soft-mod'ed Wii for about 2-3 weeks. Works like a charm. Have a few of my games copied onto my HDD and using the CFG to load and play. When I installed - I had v58 of CFG USB Loader. So today I finally used the 'online feature' within the CFG to upgrade to v61. No prob. Installed. Got a new splash screen. But all my covers disappeared. And when I go to down load all covers - I get the code dump....EVERY single time. Waits the 60 seconds - and then reloads.

I really would like my covers back. What happened? Is it an easy fix? How do I do it?

Thanks much in advance!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
docdoc said:
Hey all...

So I've been working with a soft-mod'ed Wii for about 2-3 weeks. Works like a charm. Have a few of my games copied onto my HDD and using the CFG to load and play. When I installed - I had v58 of CFG USB Loader. So today I finally used the 'online feature' within the CFG to upgrade to v61. No prob. Installed. Got a new splash screen. But all my covers disappeared. And when I go to down load all covers - I get the code dump....EVERY single time. Waits the 60 seconds - and then reloads.

I really would like my covers back. What happened? Is it an easy fix? How do I do it?

Thanks much in advance!
It sounds like Cfg is finding a different base directory to before. Check the global settings page (push 1 twice) and find out where your base directory is now. You also might want to revert back to v58 and see where it was then. If you can't figure out how to solve the issue with that knowledge, let us know what the directories are/were and we can probably figure out why it's choosing the new one.

Note that Cfg's default pattern is to look for:

config.txt in /usb-loader on SD
config.txt in /usb-loader on first USB FAT partition
config.txt in /usb-loader on first USB NTFS partition (this is relatively new)
config.txt in the same directory as the .dol

If it can't find any of those, it will usuallly default to sd:/usb-loader

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
FIX94 said:
Yes, I mean the first post. I was not able to see it, I cleared my cache and now it's there lol
Here is the alternative v6:
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v6 Alternative.wad
CRC32 is 1CFB9176.
Thanks...
wink2.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
superloafer said:
Just updated to v.61.

The loader launches but looses connection with the wiimotes, they will not pair. Restarting the wii resolved the issue of syncing, but launching cfg makes the wiimotes non functional. The covers are also stretched more vertically than normal.
I'm using the narolez forwarder, and tried loading in both 249 v20b and 222 v5.1.

reverting to v60 fixes the wiimote issue

Anyone know whats wrong?

What if you start from HBC do the wiimotes work? (could be a forwarder problem)
Maybe it's a libogc issue, can you try with v61-compat which uses same devkit and libogc as v60.
Let us know if any of that helps or not.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
docdoc said:
Hey all...

Thanks much in advance!

In addition to what clipper suggested, you can try also this:

Install the v61-dbg (debug) version and check what directories are reported to be used for base and for covers.

You can also check what is reported in SD partition screen - go to global options, switch device to SD and go to partition menu. Do this in both v60 and v61 and let us know if the partition tables reported are the same. You can do this also for the USB hdd...

superloafer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
superloafer said:
Just updated to v.61.

The loader launches but looses connection with the wiimotes, they will not pair. Restarting the wii resolved the issue of syncing, but launching cfg makes the wiimotes non functional. The covers are also stretched more vertically than normal.
I'm using the narolez forwarder, and tried loading in both 249 v20b and 222 v5.1.

reverting to v60 fixes the wiimote issue

Anyone know whats wrong?

What if you start from HBC do the wiimotes work? (could be a forwarder problem)
Maybe it's a libogc issue, can you try with v61-compat which uses same devkit and libogc as v60.
Let us know if any of that helps or not.

I run cfg straight off my usb HD; can't/don't know how to start from HBC, but I installed the forwarder from FIX94 and everything works again.
I was using Narolez' forwarder from over a year ago. Thanks for the help!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I tried to simplify things a bit with regards to using cheats, and instead of using custom codes, I just downloaded some directly within CFG. I then saved the gct, turned on Ocarina, and tried every single hook I could. However, I still can't seem to get the cheats to work for Black Ops (US version). Anyone having any luck with the most recent cheats?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
snailkite said:
OK. The partition screen reads:
P1# 465.76 [FAT1] usb: [used]
P2# 0.00 unused
P3# 0.00 unused
p4# 0.00 unused
That looks ok.
Maybe connect the HDD to a PC and run disk check under windows.
To verify if there's something odd with the fs.

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey oggzee, i read that you also use the app crap once in a while to make forwarders... im trying that too and it works in general. but mycfg is set to reboot to the app again instead of the wii menu. i want to disable this for the crap forwarders, so i thought clear_patches=1 as extra-parameter should do the trick, but somehow it doesnt. do you have an idea about that?
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
fudgi said:
hey oggzee, i read that you also use the app crap once in a while to make forwarders... im trying that too and it works in general. but mycfg is set to reboot to the app again instead of the wii menu. i want to disable this for the crap forwarders, so i thought clear_patches=1 as extra-parameter should do the trick, but somehow it doesnt. do you have an idea about that?
smile.gif
I think what you need is:
return_to_channel = 0
although clear_patches should work too, hmm not sure why that doesn't work
try adding also debug=1 and look if the specified parameters were indeed passed.

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
fudgi said:
smile.gif
I think what you need is:
return_to_channel = 0
although clear_patches should work too, hmm not sure why that doesn't work
try adding also debug=1 and look if the specified parameters were indeed passed.

the funny thing is, once debug=1 is set also clear_patches=1 works lol

EDIT: return_to_channel = 0 did the trick, thx. stupid that i couldnt think of that before
smile.gif

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

It seems that you forget to update my translation inside lang61.zip file.

I updated French translation almost a month ago, take a look here.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Jabe said:
Hi!

Ah right, i forgot will include all the lang updates in next ver. sorry about that!
frown.gif

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
Jabe said:
Hi!

Ah right, i forgot will include all the lang updates in next ver. sorry about that!
frown.gif
Thanks, and if you've got some time please do something about impossible to translate things for next version.

Jpaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes, when I'm playing Goldeneye's single player campaign, the game freezes with the annoying buzzing sound. I've tried most recent versions of Waninkoko's and Hermes' cIOSes and still the problem happens sometimes. Could anyone tell me what's going on with the game?

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone get cheats to work for donkey kong country returns? I put the gct files in usploader>codes. When I manage codes with ocarina on it says it can't find any codes, but when I start the game after it says wii game booting it says ocarina cheats found. However the cheats aren't working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...