Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
hey ogg, it appears my fowarder channel issue is back with the test build you gave me a few days ago.. it doesnt like to load up on the first attempt (Black screening), im forced to reboot and then it will work.. maybe it has soemthing to do with the usb needing to get initialized?.. something has changed sicne v60 and these betas causign the fowarders to not work properly..
Yes there is one small change compared to v60 in that it tries to init usb immediately after ios reload.
I have made 2 more builds with devkit 17 and libogc 1.7.1:
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61b9-dev17.dol
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61b9-test9.dol
the test9 behaves more like v60 in that it inits usb after sd and config.
Please try both a couple of times (5 or at least 3) and let me know which one behaves better for you.

QUOTE(GolfDude @ Dec 3 2010, 03:19 AM) fyi ogg, b9 still has the issue im having
Yes that is expected because it's built with new devkit and libogc.
However, it looks like the problem is in crap's cfg forwarder.
Because I have tried it and reproduced the hang, but if I try with crap's wiiflow forwarder which is newer then it works fine.
I did that by moving cfg61b9.dol to /apps/wiiflow and select wiiflow forwarder in crap.
I will need to talk to WiiCrazy about this, what is the difference between these forwarders.

ps. didn't you have that funny sheep avatar, where has it gone?
smile.gif

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm dev17 acts like previous betas.. it wont work on first system bootup, but after wii is rebooted, the channel does work... but every time you want to play "fresh" id have to do a reboot to get the channel to work..

test9 seems to have much lower success in actually working..

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
hmm dev17 acts like previous betas.. it wont work on first system bootup, but after wii is rebooted, the channel does work... but every time you want to play "fresh" id have to do a reboot to get the channel to work..
test9 seems to have much lower success in actually working..
Ah sorry to hear that.
WiiCrazy told me he will update the cfg forwarder, hopefully that will solve the problem, unfortunately that means the channel will have to be recreated and reinstalled.
If you have time, you can try it with crap's wiiflow forwarder and put cfg61b9.dol in /apps/wiiflow/boot.dol if that works then we have a solution.
Or we can wait for an update from WiiCrazy.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
i have 3.3b version of crap and i dont see a wiiflow option for channel making..
Yes it's a separate download but you figured that out...

QUOTE(GolfDude @ Dec 3 2010, 01:36 PM) hmm using your wiiflow method and it works.. loads with no issues..
Great to hear, hopefully crap will be updated soon as well.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
GeekyGuy said:
Is there a way to use custom cheats with CFG? If so, can someone walk me through how?

Thanks
Use a different application (perhaps one on PC) to compile the cheat file and store the .gct in the cheats directory.

Okay, I was able to use the online GCT creator over on GeckoCodes.org. I then put the gct file into the codes folder in the USB Loader folder of my SD's root directory. When I go to manage cheats within CFG, however, the codes don't show up. Now sure how to proceed.

EDIT: I also put a copy of the gct file in the codes folder on the root of the SD as well.

snailkite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently softmodded my 4.3u wii using Mauifrog's tutorial on wiihacks. Everything works except 1 issue I have with CFG USB loader.

I have my apps on an SD and I use a 500GB WD Elements HDD formatted to FAT32 for storing games (I had apps on HDD, but some did not work properly so I moved them to a 2GB Sandisk SD.

Problem: when I try to rip some games to the hard drive, it freezes on the, "calculating space, please wait" message. Other games work fine - the message comes and goes quickly and I can rip, dl covers, and play perfectly. I can't get Wii Sports, Bakugan Battle Brawlers, and several others to get past the calculating space message. Not sure why this would be game specific, but it seems some work consistently and some fail consistently (I re-did one to check).

Let me know if more info is needed, I have a total of 48 hours of WiiHacking experience as of now! Thanks!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
GeekyGuy said:
Dr. Clipper said:
GeekyGuy said:
Is there a way to use custom cheats with CFG? If so, can someone walk me through how?

Thanks
Use a different application (perhaps one on PC) to compile the cheat file and store the .gct in the cheats directory.

Okay, I was able to use the online GCT creator over on GeckoCodes.org. I then put the gct file into the codes folder in the USB Loader folder of my SD's root directory. When I go to manage cheats within CFG, however, the codes don't show up. Now sure how to proceed.

EDIT: I also put a copy of the gct file in the codes folder on the root of the SD as well.
Sorry, I neglected to mention that all you need to do then is turn on Ocarina, set an appropriate hook and start the game. Cfg will find your compiled cheat file and apply it, provided it is named correctly via the ID. The management feature is only going to look at the .txt file.

QUOTE(snailkite @ Dec 4 2010, 01:10 AM)
I recently softmodded my 4.3u wii using Mauifrog's tutorial on wiihacks. Everything works except 1 issue I have with CFG USB loader.

I have my apps on an SD and I use a 500GB WD Elements HDD formatted to FAT32 for storing games (I had apps on HDD, but some did not work properly so I moved them to a 2GB Sandisk SD.

Problem: when I try to rip some games to the hard drive, it freezes on the, "calculating space, please wait" message. Other games work fine - the message comes and goes quickly and I can rip, dl covers, and play perfectly. I can't get Wii Sports, Bakugan Battle Brawlers, and several others to get past the calculating space message. Not sure why this would be game specific, but it seems some work consistently and some fail consistently (I re-did one to check).

Let me know if more info is needed, I have a total of 48 hours of WiiHacking experience as of now! Thanks!
How long are you waiting before declaring it stalled? That screen usually takes about 30 seconds or so, and it can take longer if you have a bigger drive. The first game you install in any session will trigger the long delay to calculate the space, but the rest should go pretty fast as it assumes the remaining space from the size of the install rather than recalculating. It doesn't bother pre-calculating space for covers.

Hmm... I wonder if we should include an option to disable the free space check on installs for those that know they have enough..,

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, having another problem. Using CIOS 249 with IOS 57 as base with cIOSX rev20 most of the games seem to work fine, except for one, and that is Monster Hunter Tri. When I press Start Game on the title Screen the screen is blank with a buzzing sound. I tryed to google for the solution and i found that it will work with any USB Loader with any CIOS with base IOS of 37. I tried to install CIOS 249 then later 250 with base 37 on to slot 250 for monster hunter. Both get the mismatch error [GAMEID] [].

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
GeekyGuy said:
Dr. Clipper said:
GeekyGuy said:

Thanks

Sorry, I neglected to mention that all you need to do then is turn on Ocarina, set an appropriate hook and start the game. Cfg will find your compiled cheat file and apply it, provided it is named correctly via the ID. The management feature is only going to look at the .txt file.

Thanks for the reply.

Hmm...well, maybe I don't have the right hook setting applied. I wasn't sure what that feature did, so I left it at the default when turning on Ocarina. Pretty sure the cheats are named correctly, as, like I said, I used the WiiRD info and editor to create the gct file. I tested the cheats with an extreme cheat (moon jumping) just to be sure it wasn't working, and it was a no-go. I'm trying to implement these cheats for the US version of Black Ops (using the IOS 224 mload). Is there perhaps another hook setting I should change to? Also, does the gct file need to be in both of the aforementioned code folders, or just one or the other?

snailkite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
snailkite said:

How long are you waiting before declaring it stalled? That screen usually takes about 30 seconds or so, and it can take longer if you have a bigger drive. The first game you install in any session will trigger the long delay to calculate the space, but the rest should go pretty fast as it assumes the remaining space from the size of the install rather than recalculating. It doesn't bother pre-calculating space for covers.

Hmm... I wonder if we should include an option to disable the free space check on installs for those that know they have enough..,

Darn - was going to mention that I left it there for an hour or so and it was still hung on "calculating space..."

I checked the USB compatability chart before I bought this drive and it does work normally for several games, but I still wonder if it could be the drive? Should I try an alternate loader to see how that functions (would like to get CFG working though)?

EDIT: I've installed Wiiflow and it seems to work OK.

Snake87r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
v61.4 of Configurator is out

Download here or use online update (via Actions menu)

Changes:
  • Removing surplus images in cover download now keeps noimage.png.
  • Progress bar added that displays when downloading all cover images.
Sample cdbs do not need to be updated.

Very fast fixing....
Thanks,
I tested the change and the program doesn't delete noimage.png, but still delete noimage_wide.png

And I have another little request if it's possible, can you add the possibility to download the cheat for the selected game or for all game??

For example i downloaded the txt file cheat for the game 007 : James Bond Quantum Of Solace [RJ2P52] from this address:
http://geckocodes.org/codes/R/RJ2P52.txt

x4mer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey snailkite,

I see you're having a problem with an Elements drive. I also checked a compatibility chart for it, where it said it was fine, but those people must have been using Hermes for the loader CIOS. The element drives go to sleep after 8s under Wanin cios (at least rev20 - only one tested).

If you're using 249 for loader, then confirm the sleep problem with the Mario Kart test of playing a race through to just shy of the finish line. Pause and leave it till the wiimote goes to sleep. Wake it, and resume the race. If the game hangs/crashes at the finish line, it's because your drive went to sleep. Using Hermes, for the game cios will prevent the problem, by constantly waking the drive. Keep in mind this will be extra wear and tear on the drive. If you hold the drive while running under Hermes, you can feel it spinning up and down constantly.

If you use the 222 version of the loader, it should do the same within the loader interface, which may solve the issues you're having.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
KazoWAR said:
Hi, having another problem. Using CIOS 249 with IOS 57 as base with cIOSX rev20 most of the games seem to work fine, except for one, and that is Monster Hunter Tri. When I press Start Game on the title Screen the screen is blank with a buzzing sound. I tryed to google for the solution and i found that it will work with any USB Loader with any CIOS with base IOS of 37. I tried to install CIOS 249 then later 250 with base 37 on to slot 250 for monster hunter. Both get the mismatch error [GAMEID] [].
Base 56 also works with MHT. Try that.

GeekyGuy said:
Thanks for the reply.

Hmm...well, maybe I don't have the right hook setting applied. I wasn't sure what that feature did, so I left it at the default when turning on Ocarina. Pretty sure the cheats are named correctly, as, like I said, I used the WiiRD info and editor to create the gct file. I tested the cheats with an extreme cheat (moon jumping) just to be sure it wasn't working, and it was a no-go. I'm trying to implement these cheats for the US version of Black Ops (using the IOS 224 mload). Is there perhaps another hook setting I should change to? Also, does the gct file need to be in both of the aforementioned code folders, or just one or the other?
Manage cheats for a game (or the same one) and see how it names and where it saves the file and then check what your editor is doing. If it is named and placed correctly, then just try all the hooks until you find which one works. The Hook Type is one of the options on the per-game settings menu.

And I think the valid locations are /codes and /codes where is your base directory and is probably /usb-loader.

snailkite said:
Darn - was going to mention that I left it there for an hour or so and it was still hung on "calculating space..."

I checked the USB compatability chart before I bought this drive and it does work normally for several games, but I still wonder if it could be the drive? Should I try an alternate loader to see how that functions (would like to get CFG working though)?

I'm not sure Wiiflow bothers trying to calculate space. Still, this is something worth looking into. Please go to the Global Settings screen (push 1 twice) and then select the partition setting and push A. Please let us know what is listed within the P1-P4 section of the resulting screen.

QUOTE(Snake87r @ Dec 4 2010, 07:24 AM)
Very fast fixing....
Thanks,
I tested the change and the program doesn't delete noimage.png, but still delete noimage_wide.png

And I have another little request if it's possible, can you add the possibility to download the cheat for the selected game or for all game??

For example i downloaded the txt file cheat for the game 007 : James Bond Quantum Of Solace [RJ2P52] from this address:
http://geckocodes.org/codes/R/RJ2P52.txt
I neglected to mention that noimage_wide.png isn't used by the loader any more and we are removing it from future releases, so it is safe to delete it.

Cfg does allow you to download cheats for specific games if you select Manage Cheats. We have no desire to add a download all option.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
snailkite said:

I'm not sure Wiiflow bothers trying to calculate space. Still, this is something worth looking into. Please go to the Global Settings screen (push 1 twice) and then select the partition setting and push A. Please let us know what is listed within the P1-P4 section of the resulting screen.
I am having the same problem as snailkite. From to time to time I make a clean install of cfg usb loader and the first thing I do before launching it even once is to add hddinfo = 0 to the config.txt ..

Also after a clean install, cfg usb loader always crash while downloading all covers starting from scratch to ~80 games.

Pip'

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Pippin666 said:
I am having the same problem as snailkite. From to time to time I make a clean install of cfg usb loader and the first thing I do before launching it even once is to add hddinfo = 0 to the config.txt ..

Also after a clean install, cfg usb loader always crash while downloading all covers starting from scratch to ~80 games.

Pip'
The option is hide_hddinfo and you want to set it to 1 (which is the global default anyway, so it won't help). I'm not sure why you would be experiencing this error, but a copy of your partition list might help us work out why. Perhaps that will help sort out why cover download is crashing too. Perhaps it's a spindown thing...

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't find any information so... is it possible to define a directory with music files for USB Loader that it plays randomly? I defined a directory but it plays them in order ONLY and I'd like it shuffle the songs
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi