laggflor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Fahrenheit said:
Is there any word on wad support?
I tried ISO-forwarders for them. I also tried TriiForce. Anyhow, I'm not happy with these.
So +1 for direct support
rolleyes.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
laggflor said:
And another special question regarding NTFS:

Since I switched to another hard drive using NTFS I get this error after staying in the menu for some seconds: http://tinyurl.com/2wdkdyw
I also copied 2 games to the drive - so it could be a non-NTFS-related problem.

I think it has something to do with a cover picture - I deleted all of them and asked cfg-usb-loader to redownload them all and the error did happen again.

Maybe a try-block in the source should help here ;-)
Is there any quick way of finding out which PNG is defect? Or is it really NTFS-related?

The stack dump you posted results in this:

rename
cache_thread
__lwp_thread_handler

Which indicates there are some bad images, that we try to rename to image.bad.
Why that failed i don't know, maybe ntfs isn't as stable as we are hoping for.
Maybe the drive needs to be checked.
I guess you did enable the option: ntfs_write=1 ?

You mean try-catch? The loader is not written in Java or C++ but C.
And even if it were written in C++ it wouldn't catch a DSI exception, it would still crash.

I would suggest loading the images using a PC, i think the configurator can do that for the games that you have installed and then copy them over...

laggflor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oggzee said:
The stack dump you posted results in this:

rename
cache_thread
__lwp_thread_handler

Which indicates there are some bad images, that we try to rename to image.bad.
Why that failed i don't know, maybe ntfs isn't as stable as we are hoping for.
Maybe the drive needs to be checked.
I guess you did enable the option: ntfs_write=1 ?
Yes, ntfs_write is enabled. Ok, than I'll try to find the bad image and possibly upload new once to wiitdb.com (where I got mine from).

QUOTE(oggzee @ Oct 6 2010, 12:51 PM) You mean try-catch? The loader is not written in Java or C++ but C.
And even if it were written in C++ it wouldn't catch a DSI exception, it would still crash.
I thougt is is written in C++. As I now know this was just a bad guess. Have to look at your code and learn from it as soon as I have some time left.
So I just reviewed what is an DSI-Exception and got the answer 'An illegal memory access' from google. Just learning Wii ;-)

Thanks!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
laggflor said:
Yes, ntfs_write is enabled. Ok, than I'll try to find the bad image and possibly upload new once to wiitdb.com (where I got mine from).
I suspect the bad image is because either an error in transfer or some unknown ntfs corruption.
I would also suggest running a disk check on the drive, if some errors are found that might tell us if it is indeed a libntfs problem.
I'm almost 100% positive wiitdb has no bad images.

laggflor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oggzee said:
laggflor said:
I suspect the bad image is because either an error in transfer or some unknown ntfs corruption.
I would also suggest running a disk check on the drive, if some errors are found that might tell us if it is indeed a libntfs problem.
I'm almost 100% positive wiitdb has no bad images.
Well, I transferred them twice. So transfer isn't an issue I think.

By opening it with the windows explorer I saw a corrupt image: RY3P41.png
On WiiTDB the image seems correct. Also in the disc-folder there are some corrupt images - but I do not see them anywhere in the GUI so this shouldn't be an issue.
I left these defect images on the disk and just startet a file system check using the WinXP-tool. This will take some time.

I wonder why these images are corrupt twice. I got the Exception, deleted ALL pictures, redownloaded them all and got the same Exception again.

I'll report back as soon as the file system check is done. Thanks for now.

-----
another question:
is it true that I cannot use NTFS with IOS 249? Had to use 222-mload to get it working. With 249 it found the drive and freezes before loading it.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
laggflor said:
I wonder why these images are corrupt twice. I got the Exception, deleted ALL pictures, redownloaded them all and got the same Exception again.
I'll report back as soon as the file system check is done. Thanks for now.
-----
another question:
is it true that I cannot use NTFS with IOS 249? Had to use 222-mload to get it working. With 249 it found the drive and freezes before loading it.
I don't know why we are getting corrupted images, but it looks now that it happens on both fat and ntfs.
If i get some time i might run some tests myself someday...
Do let us know what does fs check find out.

Filesystem and ios are not really related.
Only drive detection and support depends on the ios used.

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i dunno if it has been asked yet, but cfgloader doesnt download the complete cheat list for a game, mostly when a game has universalcodes, that apply to all region, is there a way to change that?

Megawat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I am completely new to all this, so forgive me if I get the terminology wrong. I am having the same problem as laggflor and have yet to find a solution. Here is a quote from his post explaining the issue:

QUOTE said:
If I startup my Wii the cfg-Loader AND my external hard drive attached the loader freezes in the loading screen most of the time. Sometimes it just starts as it should (estimated 1 out of 10 tries).

Anyway: If I detach the usb drive at startup, wait for the loader counting up to 30 seconds while waiting for a mass storage device, and plug it in then, anything works fine.

There are differences in my setup though:
Wii System menu 4.3U v513
Configurable USB Loader v60
cIOS249 v20
WD My Book 1TB formatted FAT32 with 1 partition (it is not on the compatibility list, though)

Any help would be great. I have been searching for days for an answer.

atrophis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I get an error when I try and load a game off my drive. I have a feeling the game is corrupt, so I can re-copy it down, but it's kind of annoying because CFG does not die gracefully. When I click on the game I get the message wbfs panic: malloc fst with CFG locking hard requiring me to hard boot the Wii. I guess I'm just listing this as a bug.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just bought Boom Blox, and i have an ntfs partiton that i want to write it to and it will not this is the error

Error creating file
Installation error! (ret = -1)

i do have the system write to ntfs which is the bigger partion of my hdd, and it will not back up the game idk what to do

i am on v60 of cfg usb loader using the ntfs partition

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
squirrelman10 said:
Ok just bought Boom Blox, and i have an ntfs partiton that i want to write it to and it will not this is the error
i do have the system write to ntfs which is the bigger partion of my hdd, and it will not back up the game idk what to do
did you set:

ntfs_write=1

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok figured it out used dr. clippers cfg.exe to change the config.txt i had the v58.3 so i downloaded v60, oggezz could it be possible that when we download the latest version of the cfgusbloader that if dr. clipper comes out with a new .exe to change the settings with a computer that it should also download that onto the usb drive via wifi(usign the wii of course)

laggflor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oggzee said:
I don't know why we are getting corrupted images, but it looks now that it happens on both fat and ntfs.
If i get some time i might run some tests myself someday...
Do let us know what does fs check find out.
Good morning,

file system check finished without errors. I also do not have any other issues with this drive except:
* some wrong images downloaded by cfg-USB-Loader
* I have to unplug the drive, then start cfg-USB-Loader, then plug it in most of the times to get cfg-USB-Loader working. This mostly happens on the first start, if it is connected once I could start a game and (most of the times) it returns to cfg-Loader without any issues.

Question: where is that compability list Megawat mentioned?
edit: found it: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_C...lity_List#1.5TB

best regards,
Florian

bodean

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trying to install USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder-UCXF.wad

I put it on my SD card, using WAD Manager 1.4, and it says installing wad, installing title...error! (ret = -1029)

Any ideas?

T

TheRealVisitor

bodean said:

I put it on my SD card, using WAD Manager 1.4, and it says installing wad, installing title...error! (ret = -1029)

Any ideas?

Use Wad Manager 1.7 or YAWMM and it works.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
TheRealVisitor said:
bodean said:

Any ideas?

Use Wad Manager 1.7 or YAWMM and it works.
Silence !! The problem is not the program he is using, the problem comes from the cios (or ios) he is using to install the wad.

Pip'

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question as to where to store the files on my 1TB drive. Can you put game files in more than one directory on the drive? If so, how do you change where the loader looks for the files? Thanks

laggflor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dochog said:
I have a question as to where to store the files on my 1TB drive. Can you put game files in more than one directory on the drive? If so, how do you change where the loader looks for the files? Thanks
in a wbfs folder, but just use WBFS backup manager - it takes care of anything ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica