Hacking Configurable USB Loader

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely a redundant & idiotic question but since I changed to the 1.0.8 release of HBC it seems my hardrive is useless for running Wii games, how would I correct that so this is usable again?

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dlf said:
God damn it, than I spent upwards of a 100 damn dollars for crap. BAH!

Went back to 1.0.7 that use ios61 and CFGLoader started working again.

Updated to 1.0.8 that use ios58, and still it worked, strange (but good).

Maybe the issue is HBC 1.0.8 using ios58 might not keep hddrive activated, like older version and ios61..... Will keep monitoring what happens.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
PNo4 said:
dlf said:
God damn it, than I spent upwards of a 100 damn dollars for crap. BAH!

Went back to 1.0.7 that use ios61 and CFGLoader started working again.

Updated to 1.0.8 that use ios58, and still it worked, strange (but good).

Maybe the issue is HBC 1.0.8 using ios58 might not keep hddrive activated, like older version and ios61..... Will keep monitoring what happens.

Did it happen when you tried to launch cfg in 1.0.8 HBC? What if you used a forwarder from the SM?

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust, you talking/posting to me? I don't have a channel for the loader (yet). After installing a WAD for 58, it seems to work again! Is (or does) this loader take into consideration 1.0 1.1 or 2.0 USB speeds?

DasI

Trophies
XP
Country
DasI said:
Have 640GB USB HDD with single NTFS partition. Have CIOSx rev19 and Hermes 222/223 installed. Successfully playing *.wbfs files with CFG USB Loader.

Tried upgrading CIOSx to rev20b(default settings: base 57, slot 249) without success. It cannot mount USB drive after upgrade - it just timeouts after 30 seconds countdown. And also I've noticed that Homebrew Browser also reports that it is unable to mount USB HDD... When returning back to rev19 - everything is working again.
Had tried rev20 with other bases as everyone suggested: 57, 56, 38, 37. No success, every time getting same result:
CODEÂÂÂÂFAT32 mount: sd
ÂÂÂÂCFG base: sd:/usb-loader
ÂÂÂÂLoader Version: 58a
ÂÂÂÂIOS249 (Rev 20) [FRAG]
ÂÂÂÂBase: IOS57 mload v1.0 [+] Mounting dev
ice, please wait...
ÂÂÂÂ(30 seconds timeout)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 1
8 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30ÂÂÂÂ E
RROR!

ÂÂÂÂERROR! (ret = -1)
ÂÂÂÂMake sure USB port 0 is used!
ÂÂÂÂ(The one nearest to the edge)

ÂÂÂÂPress any button to restart...
Meanwhile upgraded HBC 1.0.7->1.0.8. Now even with CIOS rev19 CFG USB Loader cannot mount my USB HDD if launched from HBC. It works only through forwarder channel. Btw. didn't tried ios=xxx because I think it is only for game loading? That's is not my case? CFG USB loader cannot mount USB HDD so it's still running with initial IOS?

Jpaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About games covers, is there a chance Cfg Loader could prompt you to choose from which region you want the covers from? You can do it manually, replacing a cover from your region with a cover from another region, in your SD Card, but it's kinda time consuming. Since WiiTDB has already covers from all regions, and only the last letter from a title ID is changed in a game from another region, I think when Cfg Loader downloads a cover, it could detect the first three letters from the title ID and leave the last one to be chosen by the user, thus searching the desired cover instead of the one from the game's region.

D-an-W

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would anyone know why games that use a microphone have started locking up on my after about 1 minute of play? I have to choose 222-mload or 223-mload for it to recognise the microphone is installed.

I am guessing it is connected to HBC and me updating it, I will pop off and try and figure out how to go back to the previous version to test it...

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that you can pass arguments through HBC I have a suggestion.

Make a forwarder that reads a text file. Within said text file will be "gameID = ".
The forwarder would read the text file and launch the specified game.

If possible have "gameTitle = " in the text file then have the fowarder get the title from the file and display it as a banner. I know there is a risk of showing the game's real banner but is there risk in just showing a white banner with a random title?

This would be much easier than using Crap to create forwarders for games.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doubt this is the correct topic for this but can the game channels (SMG, SMG2, NETFLIX, ETC) be saved on the SD card menu?

alejolink11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, quick Q.
How do I get the cheats working.
Because everytime I choose them I dont know how to save them and
then when I go back to the cheat menu all the ones i selected are not....

How do I save them....

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Jpaa said:
About games covers, is there a chance Cfg Loader could prompt you to choose from which region you want the covers from? You can do it manually, replacing a cover from your region with a cover from another region, in your SD Card, but it's kinda time consuming. Since WiiTDB has already covers from all regions, and only the last letter from a title ID is changed in a game from another region, I think when Cfg Loader downloads a cover, it could detect the first three letters from the title ID and leave the last one to be chosen by the user, thus searching the desired cover instead of the one from the game's region.
You can already do this, and the method to do so is in CFG-README.txt. Here's the default URL set:

Code:
cover_url = http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url =+ http://boxart.rowdyruff.net/flat/{ID6}.png

cover_url_3d = http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover3D/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_3d =+ http://boxart.rowdyruff.net/3d/{ID6}.png

cover_url_disc = http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/disc/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_disc =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/disccustom/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_disc =+ http://boxart.rowdyruff.net/fulldisc/{ID6}.png

cover_url_full = http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfull/{CC}/{ID6}.png

If you want to check PAL, you would change {CC} to the language you want (e.g., EN) and {ID6} to {ID3}P{PUB}. If you want to change to US, you would change the {CC} code to US and {ID6} to {ID3}E{PUB}. If you want to check the US or PAL covers after checking the actual region of the game, just change the first = to an =+ for each option (which adds to the existing set). Note that having the above default URLs in your set (either before or after your forced region ones, depending on preference) might be a good idea as some games do have different codes in different regions, like PoP: The Forgotten Sands (RPWZ41 in US, SPXP41 in PAL).

D-an-W said:
Would anyone know why games that use a microphone have started locking up on my after about 1 minute of play? I have to choose 222-mload or 223-mload for it to recognise the microphone is installed.

I am guessing it is connected to HBC and me updating it, I will pop off and try and figure out how to go back to the previous version to test it...
Do you have Hermes v5 installed? If so, that's your problem. Cfg does not fully support v5 and it leads to issues like yours. Use Hermes v4 instead. Alternatively, use IOS249 rev20 base 56 or base 37 (56 preferred). Both of those bases should allow you to play your mic games and 56 has the added bonus of having the same speed as 57.

QUOTE(alejolink11 @ Aug 16 2010, 07:47 AM)
Hey, quick Q.
How do I get the cheats working.
Because everytime I choose them I dont know how to save them and
then when I go back to the cheat menu all the ones i selected are not....

How do I save them....
They save, but there is no way to see which codes you saved. The save process is one way, it can't read the compiled .gct file to determine which cheats were turned on.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I noticed the HBC 1.08 issue when I tried to load with it. Doesn't recognize my HDD.
After the CFG USB Loader says that cannot find my HDD, send me to Wii Menu.
If you load a forwarder doing this, the CFG USB Loader cannot access to HDD.
You need to power off and power on the Wii and use the forwarder to access the HDD.

The thing is, CFG USB Loader really uses ios 58 or is only a issue?

D-an-W

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
D-an-W said:

Do you have Hermes v5 installed? If so, that's your problem. Cfg does not fully support v5 and it leads to issues like yours. Use Hermes v4 instead. Alternatively, use IOS249 rev20 base 56 or base 37 (56 preferred). Both of those bases should allow you to play your mic games and 56 has the added bonus of having the same speed as 57.

Tried your suggestions Dr. C thanks. Although that did then recognise the microphone with 249 selected it still locks up in the same place.

Would it help if I dug the original game out to test with?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(