Hacking Configurable USB Loader

patientx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I have a big problem and its annoying the hell out of me. Some of you may recall that I wrote in these forums a few days ago about my usb port not working in another topic.There I was instructed to install latest versions of everything, which at first seemed to resolve the problem but after that first time cfgloader-any loader for that matter- couldnt mount my usb drives ever. I tired different drives and today I made sure of it by trying my friends usb drive which he is using on his wii. My wii didnt recognize it either.Today ? saw the post about WiiMC and how they managed to use both usb slots for usb hdd's. So I installed their ios - 202 i think- and tried WiiMC. Now I've reached the conclusion clearly, my wii REALLY cannot recognize usb devices which I plug to first slot that is used by all of the stuff on wii
frown.gif
But it works on secondary usb slot from wiimc. I can play music movies etc from it.

Laast few days I was using cfgloader by loading games from my fat32 formatted 16gb sdhc card. I am happy with it, now that I know my usb is gone and unless someone figures out how to use the other port usb loading part of the usbloader is history for me
frown.gif
Anyway, I am ok with the stuff that I can do from the sd card but, a big BUT, whatever ? try ? cant load any game that uses an ios other than ios249. Forget about guitar heros and such but even the monster hunter tri is not working. I should be able to load these ios's while using a sd card as a game source right ? Everythiing is latest version for all the ios'es. I can start cfgloader in ios249 mode and ios222 mode. After it starts, when I select a game and select an ios other 249 (for example rock band 2 and also ios222 selected from the game options )after ? start the game it says ios222 mload... than my wii's dvd loader bays blue light keepse blinking forever. I tired monster hunter tri with ios223 , than , it says: ios 223 mload fat. base:ios37 mload 5.1 .. than the blue light from the dvd bay starts blinking and wii freezes there.

Now am I doing something wrong here ? Please give an advice. Thanks.

lufeig

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oggzee said:
xakmad said:
after reading a post a while back re improving speed:

i changed from
>
to the faster

however, since then, a popular game (ea sports active - more workouts) has stopped after the "warning screen // connect the nunchuck screen"

pretty sure i didnt update anything since the change-over

cfg usb loader loads ok, saying CIOS249...[frag]... (or something similar)

i tried redoing hermes v4 (222 as ios38 , and 223 as iso 38/37 merged - does that make sense)
when that didnt work i did a 202 from hermes v5.1, but left 222 & 223 as v4 of course

About the speed, is there really any SD card that is faster than a HDD?
I don't think so, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
And which post was that?

About the game not working, I don't know, but you could try setting ios to 222 for that game, or using cfg-222.dol which will use ios222 by default. Not sure if it will help, just something to try...

i think i know what he meant...

setup 1. no sd card, only fat32 usb hdd. all homebrew stuff in it.

setup 2. fat32 sd card with homebrew stuff, AND a ntfs usb hdd containing all his games.

to load games, setup 2 is faster than setup 1.

i noticed that too, but i had setup 2 and changed to setup 1.

justin138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I recently purchased a 32GB SDHC card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134716) and am having trouble mounting it with Configurable USB Loader.

I installed the hybrid channel by pepx, but I'm still having trouble mounting the SD card. The card works fine in the homebrew channel. Is this due to the compatibility issues with SDHC cards and is there any way around this at the moment?

My games are in X:\wbfs\ on the SD, loader 56a IOS249 Rev 17. Attempted in both FAT and NTFS without success.

My error is the following, which I'm guessing is a generic can't access error, despite choosing SD/SDHC card it still says USB;
ERROR! (ret = -1)
Make sure USB port 0 is used!
(The one nearest to the edge)

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@patientx:

Are you using CFG Loader v57b7 (normal and/or -222)?

I'm not entirely sure what is updated in de new IOS202 from Wiimc, but i know that wiimc v1.0.5 does NOT work with 99% of the USB HDD's.
So stick with v1.0.4
Also the 2nd usb port still does not work with most USB HDD, it will only see FAT32 partition, but cannot do anything with it.
I've tested wiimc with 5 different types of USB HDD.
U2O SSD usb2.0(40gb), WD SATA in box with ext. adapter(1tb), Maxtor SATA with usb2.0(500gb), Samsung SATA in box with ext. adapter(1tb), Plextor IDE in box with ext. adapter(250gb).
They all work with v1.0.4, but none with v1.0.5

So the solution to your disk loading problem could very well be to NOT use the wiimc IOS202 at all, but install the normal IOS202[57] or [38] (for gameplay anyway)

Be sure to have installed the following IOS with the following base IOS:
IOS202[57]v5.1 (so not the latest, which is 5.2) or IOS202[38]v5
IOS249rev19[57]
IOS222[38]v4 or [57]v5
IOS223[37-38]v4
IOS224[57]v5
IOS250[37]

If for some strange reason it will still not work, wile it worked before, i cannot explain it.
I encountered such a problem only once on a fw4.1E.
Solution was to remove the softmod (make it virgin again) and start over.

To make it a virgin Wii again, there is only 1 good method, (i've made a guide for it, but it's in dutch), so do NOT start by simply removing stuff.
I don't know if there is a guide for that here in GBA, otherwise send me PM for the link.
But still there is no 100% garanty this will help off course.

Edit:
Ignore all of the above for a minute, I read your post 3 times before i thought off it.
So we will go 1 step back first.

It looks like you've always used an SDHC card.
But to run apps (like cfg loader) it would be better to use a normal SD Card.
This could very well be the only issue that causes everything.

Cocchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.
I'm trying to play Nat Geo Quiz! Wild Life and that's the message I get if I wait more than 20 seconds to select anything.
"Communications with the Wii Remote have been interrupted. Press A."

The issue is not with my Wii Remote it works fine with everything else and the battery is charged.

If I quickly select things it won't show the message, but of course it's unplayable.

The game just goes past the slot selection if I'm using a CIOS that uses IOS 37 as base (In my case CIOS 223 v5 Base 37).
Any other CIOS it will freeze with a continuous buzz similar to Ultimate I Spy if you're not using ISO 37 and SpongeBob's Boating Bash which has a similar issue but is playable.

What it can be? CISO 223 v5, CFG USB Loader or a new protection?

Thanks.

Edit:

Just installed CIOS 223 v4 38 merge 37 and it's sorted.

patientx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hetfield said:
It looks like you've always used an SDHC card.
But to run apps (like cfg loader) it would be better to use a normal SD Card.
This could very well be the only issue that causes everything.

? was using a normal 2 gb sd card before all these happened and still using it , I am using a sdhc now because I cant reach usb hdd so ? am loading games from sdhc, my normal sd card is only 2 gb.
So to clarify again, even with using normal sd cards my wii still cant see usb port 0, so ? am using an 16gb sdhc card to make use of bigger space for a few more games. And my problems are the same with both of the card types.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zuriel102 said:
Whenever I install a game from my Wii's Disc Drive to the USB drive using configurable USB Loader its asks if I want to dump the BCA.
What is that and do I need to dump that with all of my games?
search wikipedia for burst cut area
nsmb checks for specific data there
future titles might too

malaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patientx said:
Guys I have a big problem and its annoying the hell out of me. Some of you may recall that I wrote in these forums a few days ago about my usb port not working in another topic.There I was instructed to install latest versions of everything, which at first seemed to resolve the problem but after that first time cfgloader-any loader for that matter- couldnt mount my usb drives ever. I tired different drives and today I made sure of it by trying my friends usb drive which he is using on his wii. My wii didnt recognize it either.Today ? saw the post about WiiMC and how they managed to use both usb slots for usb hdd's. So I installed their ios - 202 i think- and tried WiiMC. Now I've reached the conclusion clearly, my wii REALLY cannot recognize usb devices which I plug to first slot that is used by all of the stuff on wii
frown.gif
But it works on secondary usb slot from wiimc. I can play music movies etc from it.

Laast few days I was using cfgloader by loading games from my fat32 formatted 16gb sdhc card. I am happy with it, now that I know my usb is gone and unless someone figures out how to use the other port usb loading part of the usbloader is history for me
frown.gif
Anyway, I am ok with the stuff that I can do from the sd card but, a big BUT, whatever ? try ? cant load any game that uses an ios other than ios249. Forget about guitar heros and such but even the monster hunter tri is not working. I should be able to load these ios's while using a sd card as a game source right ? Everythiing is latest version for all the ios'es. I can start cfgloader in ios249 mode and ios222 mode. After it starts, when I select a game and select an ios other 249 (for example rock band 2 and also ios222 selected from the game options )after ? start the game it says ios222 mload... than my wii's dvd loader bays blue light keepse blinking forever. I tired monster hunter tri with ios223 , than , it says: ios 223 mload fat. base:ios37 mload 5.1 .. than the blue light from the dvd bay starts blinking and wii freezes there.

Now am I doing something wrong here ? Please give an advice. Thanks.

Ok you sure USB is gone? With my 2.5" External USB drive I have a dual USB cable to power it since it is not externally powered. If I don't connect both USB cables to the WII it will not power up enough for the WII to be able to access it. I can stick that same USB external drive on my PC with a single USB and work fine but NOT the WII. And it even matters what order they are connected to the WII.. My cable for it goes to a single USB cable with another USB cable branching off that one.. both have to be connected Primary to USB Port 1 and the secondary to USB Port 2. The case I am using is from Newegg and is a Rosewill 2.5" External HDD portable case with no external power just the USB cable. It's a bit hard to explain you can see a picture of something similar here.. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6701...er_Sharing.html just with shorter cable than mine is. Again WII did not have enough power to power it over a single USB it required both ports but my PC only requires 1 so if your trying to power a USB HDD only with WII USB power it does not have enough.

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The explanation of malaac sounds logical indeed.

But if that drive originally doesn't have twin usb cabels, it shouldn.t need it.

In that case its back to my previous suggestion, get rid of the wiimc IOS202 and install the normal IOS202[57]

fairlyevenparents

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PsyBlade said:
zuriel102 said:
Whenever I install a game from my Wii's Disc Drive to the USB drive using configurable USB Loader its asks if I want to dump the BCA.
What is that and do I need to dump that with all of my games?
search wikipedia for burst cut area
nsmb checks for specific data there
future titles might too

Ok So when I install NSMB I just dump the .BCA and thats it.
I don't have to do anything else right?

patientx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hetfield said:

But if that drive originally doesn't have twin usb cabels, it shouldn.t need it.

In that case its back to my previous suggestion, get rid of the wiimc IOS202 and install the normal IOS202[57]

I used 3 different drives and they were working before and are working with another wii ; so its not about power and alos I installed that wiimc just to try if the secondary port wortks or both of them are gone. My problem is not about wiimc's ios. Its about my usb port. Right now I am just trying to make a game load with ios222 or ios223,224 ,250 etc. on a sd card. But as I said earlier when the ios is other than 249 for any game wii locks and disc drive blue lights keps blinking forever. I was wondering if there is a solution for this, if I can play games that require 223,22,224,etc (mhtri, guitar hero games etc)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zuriel102 said:
Ok So when I install NSMB I just dump the .BCA and thats it.
I don't have to do anything else right?
Well, NSMB technically doesn't need it either as there is an inbuilt patch in the loader for that specific game. However, if you disable the nsmb patch with disable_nsmb_patch=1, you can test the dumping of BCA works. I believe Avatar might also need this, but I'm not sure. It also only works with Hermes' IOSes.

malaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hetfield said:

No I think it's more of a limitation on the WII and the power it provides on a single USB port. On the PC I only need the one USB port but on the WII it won't run without two. I imagine the reason is probably because some of these netbooks have low power USB that won't power it otherwise. Nintendo never really made the WII USB for external HDD support but more like thumb drives.. so if your using a HDD that is not externally powered than you may need a lacie type USB cable.

justin138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
OncleJulien said:
according to posts earlier in the thread, you need rev19 for sdhc - and post your config file, so we can see if you have it set correctly for sd loading.

This is my config.txt in X:/usb-loader/
QUOTEtheme = GreyMatter
partition = FAT1
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2
device = sdhc

Still unable to mount SDHC, upgraded to IOS249 (rev 19) [FRAG] , on base IOS38 mload v1.0

Finally fixed it! 249 on base IOS38 was incorrect (don't know where I got that from). Installed with base 57 and we're in business! Thanks, all.

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
patientx said:
hetfield said:

I used 3 different drives and they were working before and are working with another wii ; so its not about power and alos I installed that wiimc just to try if the secondary port wortks or both of them are gone. My problem is not about wiimc's ios. Its about my usb port. Right now I am just trying to make a game load with ios222 or ios223,224 ,250 etc. on a sd card. But as I said earlier when the ios is other than 249 for any game wii locks and disc drive blue lights keps blinking forever. I was wondering if there is a solution for this, if I can play games that require 223,22,224,etc (mhtri, guitar hero games etc)

Okay, sorry, i didn't read that problem in your previous post.

Guitar Hero 5 only works with IOS222[38]v4, IOS223[37-38]v4 or IOS250[37]
Monster Hunter Tri only works with IOS223[37-38]v4, IOS250[37], or IOS249[37]

For all those kind of "problem" games its beter to install the Hermes IOS versions IOS222[38]v4, IOS223[37-38]v4 and IOS250[37]
And the Waninkoko IOS249rev19[57] for all normal games.
It doesn't matter if you play them from SD, USB of dvd, those games simply need those IOS versions.

patientx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hetfield said:
patientx said:
hetfield said:

Okay, sorry, i didn't read that problem in your previous post.

Guitar Hero 5 only works with IOS222[38]v4, IOS223[37-38]v4 or IOS250[37]
Monster Hunter Tri only works with IOS223[37-38]v4, IOS250[37], or IOS249[37]

For all those kind of "problem" games its beter to install the Hermes IOS versions IOS222[38]v4, IOS223[37-38]v4 and IOS250[37]
And the Waninkoko IOS249rev19[57] for all normal games.
It doesn't matter if you play them from SD, USB of dvd, those games simply need those IOS versions.

The thibg is , I have exaclty these versions yet when I load the game wii locks up and dvd slot light starts blinking endlessly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.