Hacking Configurable USB Loader

sorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pippin: the install link has this quote in it...

I would highly recommend installing IOS222/223 from hermes cIOS installer v4.
It seems that Hermes v5 works well with Hermes uLoader, but not so well
with other USB Loaders.

should I use version 4 instead when I plan to use Conf. USB Loader
as I read that the newer ones have more compatibility than uLoader?

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TudorBlue said:
Sacohen9665 said:
TudorBlue said:
Im new to all this usb loader stuff but do I still need the WBFS manager?? Thanks

WBFS Manager can still be used, but there are other alternatives like Wii backup Manager for Windows

A lot of it depends on if you are going to keep your drive WBFS formatted or format it as FAT 32 or even NTFS, all have their advantages and disadvantages, so I would suggest looking at the first post and then read up a little more on each option.

Im going to keep the hdd just for wii games. I need a turoial from start to finish mate. I have got as far as connecting my hdd to my pc, downloading WBFS Manager and formatting my hdd with the WBFS Manager. Whats the next step? What do I need to install on my wii? (sorry if these sound like stupid questions but I am the Noob of all Noobs)

Dr. Clippers GWHT, the idiot's guide for homebrew. is a great start to finish tutorial.
Have you tried that?

maabus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When ever I play ANY rock band game, it freezes after the song is completed.

Also does Greenday rock band work with configurable usb loader? It goes through all the intro screens, and then I just get a black screen.

I have usb loader using Hermes ios223 rev18 i believe

EDIT: Looking at the posts above me i dont think hermes went to rev18 that must have been wanikoko... anyways im using the latest hermes ios.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Burton said:
TudorBlue said:
Sacohen9665 said:
TudorBlue said:
Im new to all this usb loader stuff but do I still need the WBFS manager?? Thanks

WBFS Manager can still be used, but there are other alternatives like Wii backup Manager for Windows

A lot of it depends on if you are going to keep your drive WBFS formatted or format it as FAT 32 or even NTFS, all have their advantages and disadvantages, so I would suggest looking at the first post and then read up a little more on each option.

Im going to keep the hdd just for wii games. I need a turoial from start to finish mate. I have got as far as connecting my hdd to my pc, downloading WBFS Manager and formatting my hdd with the WBFS Manager. Whats the next step? What do I need to install on my wii? (sorry if these sound like stupid questions but I am the Noob of all Noobs)

Tell us what u have achieved until now. Do u have at least homebrew and cfg loader working?

Yes, Ive got homebrew installed. I got sick of buring ISO's onto disc and then ending up with coasters.

bestperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a wad that has the latest version of cfg usb loader? I prefer to install it as a channel instead of a forwarder because I would like to use the full 8gb sd card I have to store a couple games on and I don't know how else to launch cfg usb loader independent of the sd card.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
maabus said:
When ever I play ANY rock band game, it freezes after the song is completed.

Also does Greenday rock band work with configurable usb loader? It goes through all the intro screens, and then I just get a black screen.

I have usb loader using Hermes ios223 rev18 i believe

EDIT: Looking at the posts above me i dont think hermes went to rev18 that must have been wanikoko... anyways im using the latest hermes ios.
Downgrade at least one of 222 or 223 to v4 of Hermes' IOS (use 38 merged with 37 for Rock Band). There's something that oggzee wasn't able to find out how to implement properly when he added v5 support and Hermes' code is apparently too annoying to go through to try to find the bug. The new features of 5 and 5.1 are useless to Cfg users, so it is better off to just stick with v4.

QUOTE(bestperson @ Jun 24 2010, 04:25 PM) is there a wad that has the latest version of cfg usb loader? I prefer to install it as a channel instead of a forwarder because I would like to use the full 8gb sd card I have to store a couple games on and I don't know how else to launch cfg usb loader independent of the sd card.
If you remove all the extra files you don't need (themes, unifont, Configurator, covers, etc.) from the Cfg installation, it will take up less than 1.5MB. Given that most games are several GB, an extra 1.5MB on the SD card is practically useless.

maabus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burton said:
Hermes 223rev18??? are u sure isn't waninkoko's cios rev18?

Yeah I got them mixed up.

QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ Jun 24 2010, 02:08 PM) Downgrade at least one of 222 or 223 to v4 of Hermes' IOS (use 38 merged with 37 for Rock Band). There's something that oggzee wasn't able to find out how to implement properly when he added v5 support and Hermes' code is apparently too annoying to go through to try to find the bug. The new features of 5 and 5.1 are useless to Cfg users, so it is better off to just stick with v4.

Thanks I'll give that a try!

themuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep reading about the risks in installing channels, but nothing much on why. Can someone explain (or much more likely, provide a link to an explanation)?

0p3r4r10

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please, give me some help!

I put the cursor hand in the game (Prince of Persia: The forgotten sands) and press [A]. The console is open.

I press [1] and I can see a lot of options. I go to CHEATS and DOWNLOAD THE CHEAT FILE.

I enter in the option for see wich cheats is available and I see INF ENERGY (or something like that). I press [A] for check the option BUT I have to left this option for play the game (pressing [A] out of that menu).

How do I use the cheat? How do I save my choice? I have to use OCARINA CHEAT option?

I try everthing I can and I cant use the cheat...

If someone can help, I will apreciate!

Thanks since now!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
0p3r4r10 said:
Please, give me some help!

I put the cursor hand in the game (Prince of Persia: The forgotten sands) and press [A]. The console is open.

I press [1] and I can see a lot of options. I go to CHEATS and DOWNLOAD THE CHEAT FILE.

I enter in the option for see wich cheats is available and I see INF ENERGY (or something like that). I press [A] for check the option BUT I have to left this option for play the game (pressing [A] out of that menu).

How do I use the cheat? How do I save my choice? I have to use OCARINA CHEAT option?

Thanks since now!
If you try to use cheats on PoP without a USB Gecko, you will not be able to play the game.

0p3r4r10

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SquareWheel said:
Make sure Ocarina is on. Also, save the .gct after you select the cheats you want to apply.
I saved but i didn't know what is the function of this file. Thank you VERY MUCH!

Dr. Clipper said:
QUOTE(0p3r4r10 @ Jun 25 2010, 05:27 PM) Please, give me some help!

Thanks since now!
If you try to use cheats on PoP without a USB Gecko, you will not be able to play the game.

Ok, friend! Thanks for share your knowledge!

clioke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

A while ago i installed Configurable USB loader on my friend's Wii.
I used a WD external HD.

But now there is a small problem.
When i boot the Wii on HBC, the icon to start the configurable USB loader is gone so it wont boot the CFG USB loader.
All the data is still on the HD.

How can i fix this ??

Thanks

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
clioke said:
Hi,

A while ago i installed Configurable USB loader on my friend's Wii.
I used a WD external HD.

But now there is a small problem.
When i boot the Wii on HBC, the icon to start the configurable USB loader is gone so it wont boot the CFG USB loader.
All the data is still on the HD.

How can i fix this ??

Thanks

Have you check if accidentally the cfg boot.dol had not been renamed or deleted?

sorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Clioke: kijk of deze map nog bestaat onder SD:\Apps\USBLaoder

ok, did some more research on my problem...

I followed the install of Hermes 4.0 by using this tutorial > http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

Odd thing is that the first step is selecting IOS236 but it's not listed in my selection list?

The rest went ok.

When I boot the 222 version of the Conf. USB Loader it's way faster and the logo goes away after 4 seconds and after 2 count it's attached the drive.

Unfortunatly all it's doing then is resetting the driver every 10 seconds and the Wii's blue drive leds flash every x seconds.

Is this due to the missing IOS236? (Tried several 222 versions from Conf. USB Loader)

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorex said:
Clioke: kijk of deze map nog bestaat onder SD:\Apps\USBLaoder

ok, did some more research on my problem...

I followed the install of Hermes 4.0 by using this tutorial > http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

Odd thing is that the first step is selecting IOS236 but it's not listed in my selection list?

The rest went ok.

When I boot the 222 version of the Conf. USB Loader it's way faster and the logo goes away after 4 seconds and after 2 count it's attached the drive.

Unfortunatly all it's doing then is resetting the driver every 10 seconds and the Wii's blue drive leds flash every x seconds.

Is this due to the missing IOS236? (Tried several 222 versions from Conf. USB Loader)

Try again but instead of 236 select 249 and see what happens.

clioke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Silly solution.

The small usb cable from WD (passport edition) HD wasn't plugged in the right way.
They are very fragile...
nayps3.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==