Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Lord_Possum said:
Hi,
i have 2 request: it's possible to have a gui mode that display the banners of the games? If it's possible to play the banner's sound it would be possible to see the entire banner..
Second: News about ngamer cards update?

and a little issue: when are connected 2 or more?) wii remote the second doesn't show the pointer, but it works with D-pad.
Getting the banner data is easy. Working out how to display it as an animation is a LOT harder and nobody has working code on the Wii yet. If it ever gets done, it will be added. As for Namer Cards, didn't they release a homebrew app that mines the Message Board Logs for your games played and sends it off? If so, then all you need to do is add write_playlog=1 to config.txt and make sure you return to the Wii Menu in some manner between playing different games.

As for the issue, it is a little difficult to program control code for multiple Wiimotes controlling things at once via pointer. If there were to be alternate pointers, it would be the ghost type implementation used by Wii Sports et al. where the other pointers can be seen but can't interact. However, I don't really see much 'point' in that
nyanya.gif

nikeymikey said:
EDIT: I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM........ there seems to be 2 folders for each game in my wbfs folder on my drive!!!!! After deleting the dupes he problem is fixed.
My next question is how and why did this happen? The games that were duplicated were copied to the drive a long time ago, what would make the loader suddenly duplicate the folders of these games on my drive. The dupe folders only had a text file in and no actual .wbfs files......
Wierd...... The 9th of June seems to be a consistant date that the dupes were created. Oh well its sorted now so i guess its ok. Unless it happens again.
I'm pretty sure it's not the loader (The only time it creates directories is during install) and I'm definitely sure it's not the Configurator.

OncleJulien said:
that really seems more the like the work of a backup manager than the loader
Hence, I agree with this. Perhaps that has something to do

QUOTE(buddy @ Jun 21 2010, 04:17 AM)
I just got around to trying to compile CFG, and it does compile successfully, but compiles v56. Is there a way to get it to compile the latest 57b7? I did look through the makefile for override switches, and while I can get it to compile a build that is labeled 57b7, it does not have the newest options (themes, et)
Yeah, as stated, we only release the source for the full versions on the svn site. There were issues with previous versions that made it dangerous to release the alpha and beta sources. The 57 source will probably be released soon after 57 itself is released (which will happen as soon as oggzee has some free time). If you have a particular feature you want information about or want to add as something that could potentially be added to the main release line, then contact us at the Cfg chat page (link is in first post).

daedalion18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just randomly out of the blue my CFG stopped working. If I try to backup a game to the hard drive, it gets to between 98 and 99 percent done and then i get a ton of errors. Also, if I try to load a game thats already on the HDD, it gives me the following errors:

Error: cIOS249rev18, cIOS222v4, cIOS223v4, cIOS224v5 or higher required for starting games from a FAT partition! Upgrade IOS249 or choose a different IOS.

set_frag: -128
ERROR: SetWBFS: -128

Press any button to exit...

When I press any button, I get a green screen and then it boots me to the main Wii menu.

I don't know why it just randomly decided to start doing this. I have multiple small children in my household, and it's entirely possible that one of them erased something or changed a setting. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to go about fixing my little problem?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
daedalion18 said:
So just randomly out of the blue my CFG stopped working. If I try to backup a game to the hard drive, it gets to between 98 and 99 percent done and then i get a ton of errors. Also, if I try to load a game thats already on the HDD, it gives me the following errors:

Error: cIOS249rev18, cIOS222v4, cIOS223v4, cIOS224v5 or higher required for starting games from a FAT partition! Upgrade IOS249 or choose a different IOS.

When I press any button, I get a green screen and then it boots me to the main Wii menu.

I don't know why it just randomly decided to start doing this. I have multiple small children in my household, and it's entirely possible that one of them erased something or changed a setting. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to go about fixing my little problem?
How about you take the suggestion the error message gave you and "Upgrade IOS249".

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
daedalion18 said:

How about you take the suggestion the error message gave you and "Upgrade IOS249".

Or check the settings in CFG to make sure "WBFS" is selected

Abx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Downloading some cheat codes for Monster Hunter Tri, I noticed the loader can't handle them because the number of cheats is higher than 256. Even though I can edit the txt to have only the cheats I want, is there any way Cfg Loader can show more than 256 cheats?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Abx said:
Downloading some cheat codes for Monster Hunter Tri, I noticed the loader can't handle them because the number of cheats is higher than 256. Even though I can edit the txt to have only the cheats I want, is there any way Cfg Loader can show more than 256 cheats?
No.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Heads up to those not reading the other threads: Do NOT do the new 4.3 update from Nintendo if you want to keep using Cfg for the moment. You would need Indiana Pwns or one of the other non-HBC exploits in order to reinstall IOS249 afterwards.

sorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

I have been playing around with this neat loader since this weekend and had a few questions about...

What's the possible bottleneck in the speed of loading the loader?

I noticed on some video's that it loads in 2-3 seconds to the box art.

When I load it it's stuck 10-15 seconds at the "Configurable USB-Loader" logo
before you get that "console" screen that connects to the drive,
there it's also stuck again for a few seconds.

I found an update option in the config menu's but when I ran that one
nothing happened at all when clicking the button in the homebrew channel
so I had to revert back to what I already had. (v56)

I also noticed that when you play a game, exit it and load the USB Loader
that it simply hangs, only pressing the Power botton to reset it seems to help
to get it loading again.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
sorex said:
Hello,

I have been playing around with this neat loader since this weekend and had a few questions about...

What's the possible bottleneck in the speed of loading the loader?

I noticed on some video's that it loads in 2-3 seconds to the box art.

When I load it it's stuck 10-15 seconds at the "Configurable USB-Loader" logo
before you get that "console" screen that connects to the drive,
there it's also stuck again for a few seconds.

I found an update option in the config menu's but when I ran that one
nothing happened at all when clicking the button in the homebrew channel
so I had to revert back to what I already had. (v56)

I also noticed that when you play a game, exit it and load the USB Loader
that it simply hangs, only pressing the Power botton to reset it seems to help
to get it loading again.
The reset hanging thing is either you having an old IOS249 or you need to format your SD card.

The delay could be fixed by updating your IOS249 too (to rev 19).

The update failing is a very rare occurrence, so do it again and it should work.

sorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you provide me a link for that certain revision? (if that is allowed here)

I'm also on IRC but didn't get a response on my question there.

Edit: I think I found it already.

sorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok I installed that 249r19 IOS

When I load the USB load it now gives

v56c
429[FRAG]

but still hangs a while even after reformatting the SD card.

I applied the update over the net

and now it's stuck at displaying the logo and

v57b7
249[GRAG]

and doest continue at all.

Any idea what might be wrong?

sorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ok, wasted half a day on this issue by now and it appears to be a bad init of the USB ports or something.

I works when...

1. I unplug the drive
2. turn on the wii
3. boot USB Loader
4. wait till it shows the countdown to detect the disk
5. connect the drive

then after 10 seconds the thumbs/boxes appear.

now the question is, is this a Wii issue or one of the IOS (tried several 14,17,18,19 and it all behave the same)

or did I forget to install something (saw a USB2 installation somewhere but couldn't download the file(s))

themuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To what extent can I install this app on a thumbdrive in addition to the usb hard drive I intend to load my backups off of?

I've tried a few times, but keep running into problems with the config.txt

The best I've been able to do is put the dol on an SD card and redirect as many things as I can to the thumbdrive, but I can't get themes to show up, is there an option in the config to redirect for themes directory too?

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TudorBlue said:
Im new to all this usb loader stuff but do I still need the WBFS manager?? Thanks

WBFS Manager can still be used, but there are other alternatives like Wii backup Manager for Windows

A lot of it depends on if you are going to keep your drive WBFS formatted or format it as FAT 32 or even NTFS, all have their advantages and disadvantages, so I would suggest looking at the first post and then read up a little more on each option.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
TudorBlue said:
Im new to all this usb loader stuff but do I still need the WBFS manager?? Thanks

WBFS Manager can still be used, but there are other alternatives like Wii backup Manager for Windows

A lot of it depends on if you are going to keep your drive WBFS formatted or format it as FAT 32 or even NTFS, all have their advantages and disadvantages, so I would suggest looking at the first post and then read up a little more on each option.

Im going to keep the hdd just for wii games. I need a turoial from start to finish mate. I have got as far as connecting my hdd to my pc, downloading WBFS Manager and formatting my hdd with the WBFS Manager. Whats the next step? What do I need to install on my wii? (sorry if these sound like stupid questions but I am the Noob of all Noobs)

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TudorBlue said:
Sacohen9665 said:
TudorBlue said:

Im going to keep the hdd just for wii games. I need a turoial from start to finish mate. I have got as far as connecting my hdd to my pc, downloading WBFS Manager and formatting my hdd with the WBFS Manager. Whats the next step? What do I need to install on my wii? (sorry if these sound like stupid questions but I am the Noob of all Noobs)

Tell us what u have achieved until now. Do u have at least homebrew and cfg loader working?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica