Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
have you tried changing the app path from apps/usbloader to apps/usbloader_cfg then updating thru the loader, ive never had any problems with the updater but ive never used the usbloader path its always been usbloader_cfg due to when i use to use Wanin's loader way back lol
I've always used USBLoader as the directory and never had a problem with it. We're pretty sure it's a bug in either libfat or the download code, as it is similar to the cover corruption issue.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine is set up in usb-loader directory loaded thru priiloader.

On a side note- for Dr Clipper.......

Would it be possible to add a batch download tool for cheat text files? Like the download all covers option but for the cheat text files......

If so i sure would find it useful as would other people, im sure.

Thanks man.

Abx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The "clear patches" option doesn't save. Also, the PoP patch seems to be interfering with New Super Mario Bros Wii, making the wiimote not responding sometimes.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Abx said:
The "clear patches" option doesn't save. Also, the PoP patch seems to be interfering with New Super Mario Bros Wii, making the wiimote not responding sometimes.
The clear patches not saving is well known (I posted as such immediately after the release). You can use the Configurator to write the correct value of the option for now, or wait for the next version.

The PoP patch should not affect NSMB Wii in any way. Perhaps you turned disable_pop_patch on in a previous version (it used to disable the nsmb patch instead in some previous versions).

However, perhaps the .wip change has affected something. To determine that, try adding "delay_patch = 0" to config.txt. This will undo the changes made to the .wip code.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
mayu29 said:
Dr Clipper is there a way to solve the console display problem on PAL 50 in the future releases of CFG?
Probably, but we don't know how to fix it right now. Setting your Wii to 480i is a good workaround, though.

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi cfg usb loader team.

Thanks a lot for your great loader.
wink.gif

Could you add the feature supporting DVD multi games made by wiiscrubber ?

There is no mutiboot update.
Now I cannot play some DVD multi games which including 002 error.

Greetings.

dmau1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the proper syntax for pointing the covers path at a FAT32 partition of the hard drive? I've tried "usb:/fat1/usb-loader/covers" but it won't read the covers I copied in there from the SD card, and can't write to it if I tell it to download them again. I tried just "usb:/usb-loader/covers" and Configurable USB Loader hung on boot.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dmau1982 said:
What's the proper syntax for pointing the covers path at a FAT32 partition of the hard drive? I've tried "usb:/fat1/usb-loader/covers" but it won't read the covers I copied in there from the SD card, and can't write to it if I tell it to download them again. I tried just "usb:/usb-loader/covers" and Configurable USB Loader hung on boot.

The first one is wrong, you don't have to specify the partition.

The second should be right: does this folder exist?

cola1bear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I’m not new to this forum but I have waited until now to post a question.
Everything was running fine until I did three things… Now the configurable loader will not see my USB hard drive (WD My Passport) – Shows 57v4 249[FRAG] when starting up, then goes into the 30 second count down and errors out. Error: (RET = -1)

1. Update IOS249 rev19 (from 14)
2. Update IOS202-222 v5 (from – I think 3?)
I followed the instructions from WiiBricker using the tools in his tutorial (see link)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=212497&hl=IOS249
I did have problems at 9 thru 11 as it would say it was complete but show and error.

3. Update to CFG Loader 57v5

My Wii is at 4.2U (also loading off WBFS on usb drive)
I run through HomeBrew and have had no problems for a long time, all my games have loaded and run fine including using cheats.
What do I need to do to get this thing back on track to seeing the USB drive?

dmau1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiixale said:
The second should be right: does this folder exist?

Thanks for your help! The second way boots now (not sure why it wouldn't earlier) but still doesn't work. I've tried it with the usb-loader/covers folder copied over from the SD card; with the usb-loader/covers folder existing but empty and also with the FAT32 partition entirely empty. It won't read the covers if they're already there, and if I tell it to download them, it says it can't create the directories.

Not sure if these are relevant but few things I probably should've mentioned first: I'm using Configurable USB Loader r56 222-mload, with Hermes v5.1 222 base 38. Any version of Waninkoko 249s won't work for booting the USB loaders, they seems to fail at initializing the hard drive. My drive is partitioned with a small FAT32 partition and a large WBFS partition (which Configurable USB Loader has no problem reading/writing). I'm not certain how I set the primary/logical things on the partitions -- could that be an issue?

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
cola1bear said:
Shows 57v4 249[FRAG] when starting up, then goes into the 30 second count down and errors out. Error: (RET = -1)
1. Update IOS249 rev19 (from 14)
Have you tried switching usb sockets on the wii? iirc rev14 still used the innermost socket, rev19 uses the one closest to the outer edge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Red Bitch Blue Bitch Pumping ain't easy!