Hacking Configurable USB Loader

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I wish the patch will be released as soon as possible(even within the day!)
Yes,I am a big PoP fan.
laugh.gif

Fingers crossed!
bow.gif

Holocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!
Got a little problem (?)
Running ver 56 of Configurable USB loader, (same deal with older versions too)
together with a Maxtor One Touch 160Gb WBFS formatted usb drive
Using -mload 222 in the config.txt, else the harddrive won't be detected at all
Problem is that i have to manyally turn on the power to the drive when the Gui is detecting, else it won't find the harddrive
When it's detected everything works dandy, just would be so convenient to not have to get up from the couch when switching a game
wink.gif

(Worth mentioning that it works like a charm on a wbfs formatted usb stick)

Is there some easy way to fix this?
smile.gif

/Holocus

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Holocus said:
Hello!
Got a little problem (?)
Problem is that i have to manyally turn on the power to the drive when the Gui is detecting, else it won't find the harddrive
When it's detected everything works dandy, just would be so convenient to not have to get up from the couch when switching a game
wink.gif

smile.gif

/Holocus
This is probably caused by spin down. Apparently the software that comes installed on the drive can be used to disable it. If you don't have that software any more, go to the website and you may be able to download it from there.

scsnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have little problem (4.2J). I use CFG USB Loader v56, I've downloaded 3 games: Wii Play, Wii Sports, SM Galaxy (PAL) to NTFS HDD. SM Galaxy works fine with system default video mode. Wii Play and Wii Sports works with disk video mode (if I choose system default video mode I have got black screen), but while playing when I use home button to return to wii's main menu console stucks and black screen appears, so I have to reset it with 5 sec power button. I tried 222 ios instead of 249 with the same result.

Holocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Holocus said:
Hello!
Got a little problem (?)
wink.gif

smile.gif

/Holocus
This is probably caused by spin down. Apparently the software that comes installed on the drive can be used to disable it. If you don't have that software any more, go to the website and you may be able to download it from there.

Ah, thanks for the quick tip, but i forgot to mentioned that i have disabled the spindown on the drive :s

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Holocus said:
Ah, thanks for the quick tip, but i forgot to mentioned that i have disabled the spindown on the drive :s
I don't know what the problem is, then. Does it work on any other loaders? If so, we can try to make it work with Cfg too. If not, then maybe you should tweak other settings on your drive.

QUOTE(scsnow @ May 19 2010, 07:20 AM) I have little problem (4.2J). I use CFG USB Loader v56, I've downloaded 3 games: Wii Play, Wii Sports, SM Galaxy (PAL) to NTFS HDD. SM Galaxy works fine with system default video mode. Wii Play and Wii Sports works with disk video mode (if I choose system default video mode I have got black screen), but while playing when I use home button to return to wii's main menu console stucks and black screen appears, so I have to reset it with 5 sec power button. I tried 222 ios instead of 249 with the same result.
Try the country patch. You also might want to try using the return_to_channel option to change where it returns to.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Holocus said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Holocus said:
Hello!
Got a little problem (?)
wink.gif

smile.gif

/Holocus

I had a similar problem with a seagate external 1TB drive.The first time i would plug it into the wii it worked everytime.Once i shut the wii down to full shutdown with the hard drive still connected and then powered the wii back on causing the drive to turn on as well the drive would never be detected at all no matter what like it wasn't waking up for the wii to detect it.The only fix i could find for it was to use a channel version of the loader(wiiflow,gx,neogamma ext).They were able to wake the drive everytime no problem.If i just used the normal forwarder channel that looked for the boot.dol on my hard drive it would just reboot the wii to the main screen.The channel version worked just and operated just like my old forwarder channel as i still used the config files from the usb drive so all covers still worked and all themes worked.Only downfall was if i wanted to upgrade i had to make a new channel when a new revision came out.I never tried it using a channel version of config loader but im sure it would work as well.

Another way to get it to work without having to use a channel version of the loader was to make the wii go into standby mode instead of full shutdown.This leaves the hard drive on the whole time though.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
I had a similar problem with a seagate external 1TB drive.The first time i would plug it into the wii it worked everytime.Once i shut the wii down to full shutdown with the hard drive still connected and then powered the wii back on causing the drive to turn on as well the drive would never be detected at all no matter what like it wasn't waking up for the wii to detect it.The only fix i could find for it was to use a channel version of the loader(wiiflow,gx,neogamma ext).They were able to wake the drive everytime no problem.If i just used the normal forwarder channel that looked for the boot.dol on my hard drive it would just reboot the wii to the main screen.The channel version worked just and operated just like my old forwarder channel as i still used the config files from the usb drive so all covers still worked and all themes worked.Only downfall was if i wanted to upgrade i had to make a new channel when a new revision came out.I never tried it using a channel version of config loader but im sure it would work as well.

Another way to get it to work without having to use a channel version of the loader was to make the wii go into standby mode instead of full shutdown.This leaves the hard drive on the whole time though.
Did you ever try forwarding to a .dol on the SD card? That should wake the drive up just fine in cases like this too.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so there is another temporary workaround to PoP that it seems will work while we wait for the patch. If you use rev 9 of IOS249, it will apparently work. This seems to work with any version of Cfg, but only old versions of GX. Thread with info can be found here.

Remember that rev 9 only worked with WBFS partitions and has much lower drive compatibility if you do test it out. The patch should still be coming for those that don't want to downgrade IOS249.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I understand that the PoP issue is the hot topic right now,but I have two questions.

1)Is it possible to show the full covers in Cfg?Just like Wiiflow where you can flip the cover and see the backcover...
2)Has anyone found a way to run CoD3 with the alt.dol+ method yet?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
panmusic said:
I understand that the PoP issue is the hot topic right now,but I have two questions.

1)Is it possible to show the full covers in Cfg?Just like Wiiflow where you can flip the cover and see the backcover...

1)Yes. Push B to get to the GUI, push Down to change to one of the coverflow style GUIs (these have full covers), then either rotate the Wiimote while pointing at the screen or push Up and you will see the back cover.

2) I don't believe so

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Did you ever try forwarding to a .dol on the SD card? That should wake the drive up just fine in cases like this too.

Never tried that because i always ran everything from 1 hard drive split into two partitions(fat32/wbfs)

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dr. Clipper said:
panmusic said:

1)Yes. Push B to get to the GUI, push Down to change to one of the coverflow style GUIs (these have full covers), then either rotate the Wiimote while pointing at the screen or push Up and you will see the back cover.

2) I don't believe so
Thanks a lot!Now,I can finally see the full covers!!!

peppers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Configurable USB loader is great but I have noticed one bug, if you download cheats for super smash brothers it will give you an error saying something like the cheat file is too long. I guess there are so many cheats for that game the loader dose not know how to read them all.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
mayu29 said:
Hello! Can I use cfg loader to boot PoP from disc?
Yes, but you can use it to play it from the drive too.

Take the following text:
CODE007AAC6A 7A6B6F6A 6F6A7A6B
007AAC75 7C7A6939 69397C7A
007AAC82 7376686B 686B7376
007AAC92 80717570 75708071
007AAC9D 82806F3F 6F3F8280
And create a text file called GAMEID.wip in your base directory, where GAMEID is the 4 or 6 digit ID of your game (visible on the options page or the back of the box) and your base directory is probably sd:/usb-loader, but you can use the global options page to check.

Cfg will automatically find and apply that patch for you and the game should then work from the drive and/or disc.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
One "nice" option/function for the future would be an "get dol from game -> patch with wip (maybe even ocarine) -> save as altdol".
wink.gif

This way we can bypass some mem hack checks easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol