Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
elmerohueso said:
IOS 249 and anti-002 fix will get the game to run. Problem is the game will still freeze at some points, such as when you touch a glowing treasure chest. This is likely due to the need for an update (which is on the disc). I haven't tried applying the update though as I'm not sure how safe it is.
Never turn on the anti-002 fix if you have an IOS249 of revision 13a or more (except 13b). It does nothing and actually screws up a few things on later revisions.

hispanico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
hispanico said:
I have a WD 300GB wbfs formatted. Now i buy another Wd forr my brother and i want format it in NTFS..... is good idea or better again formatted it in wbfs >???

Thank
Hispa
Format it to FAT32. It's the most compatible format type and has the most features (NTFS is read only).
...2 advise...

1- From my WD wher ei have my game, i must extract "each" game in iso format and after copy to WD (fat32) or there is another system to copy all ?
2 - the dimension of game in ISO respect WBFS i more great, but how much more eg. +30% ??

Thank

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anybody here know more about the requirements for PoP? I read a lot about people having trouble getting it to work, but none of these seem to know what they are doing. Or to word it diffently, i haven't read a "doesn't work" report that's leading anywhere near solving the problem.

Dr. Clipper said:
elmerohueso said:
IOS 249 and anti-002 fix will get the game to run. Problem is the game will still freeze at some points, such as when you touch a glowing treasure chest. This is likely due to the need for an update (which is on the disc). I haven't tried applying the update though as I'm not sure how safe it is.
Never turn on the anti-002 fix if you have an IOS249 of revision 13a or more (except 13b). It does nothing and actually screws up a few things on later revisions.

Thanks, exactly what i was about to write.

bsingin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
bsingin64 said:
I would like to reach out to this community for some help. I've been using CFG for a long time now with no issue. For some reason, yesterday it no longer gets past the loading image. I was running 49a-fat version on 222. I have 50 some games on the HD and have managed to understand most of the management features of CFG.

Things I've tried:

I have replaced the installation with the newest version.
I did not replace my config.txt or theme.txt in the process of upgrade, I have however loaded the files into the new version v56 configurator and saw that hide_hdd_info has changed to hide_hddinfo and made the appropriate change in config.txt
I have also deleted my settings.cfg file

(I have backed up the old version off the SD card to roll back to it)

Why is it hanging? How do I fix it? My kids are starting to feen for wii!!

Thanks everyone smarter than me for helping me.

one suggestion I recievedTry installing v57b-222 using the instructions here. Do not change the value of the hide_hddinfo option, or make sure that you are setting it to 1
-----when following this advice, When I hit "load" in homebrew I get bupkiss on this one. It goes no-where and leaves me at homebrew. It's like it didn't even try to load anything.

I still need help on this. the kids are feening for the wii... any ideas?

udoncat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've just upgraded cfgUSB to 56 to make use of FAT. I'm under the impression that the loader cannot utilise FAT unless Hermes 222/223 is installed and believed it was installed months ago when first using cfgUSB. Following instructions on GAF for upgrading and tried using cfg56-222.dol for booting but receive the error ret = -4100 Custom IOS 222 is not installed. I then reran Hermes 222/223 following GAF's instructions again, cIOS222 merging 38 + 37 and cIOS223 mering 38 + 60, but still receive the same ret error.

Despite 222/223 not being available, using the normal dol for cfgUSB 56 still loads up the FAT drive and boots games as normal. I am unable to use the 222 fix for Sakura Wars as it comes up with the cIOS222 is not installed error.

I'm afraid to use different combinations for merging due to lack of knowledge, but what other combinations have been run and proven to work? What can be done to fix 222/223 so cfgUSB can use it? Is there a way to remove these cIOS and start again from scratch and is that even a good idea?

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hispanico said:
Dr. Clipper said:
hispanico said:
I have a WD 300GB wbfs formatted. Now i buy another Wd forr my brother and i want format it in NTFS..... is good idea or better again formatted it in wbfs >???

Thank
Hispa
Format it to FAT32. It's the most compatible format type and has the most features (NTFS is read only).
...2 advise...

1- From my WD wher ei have my game, i must extract "each" game in iso format and after copy to WD (fat32) or there is another system to copy all ?
2 - the dimension of game in ISO respect WBFS i more great, but how much more eg. +30% ??

Thank

If the files are in .wbfs format and under 4gigs (ie most games) then you can copy them to a FAT32 drive.

You'll wonder why you put up with the wbfs partition and it's many many limitations for so long..

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
udoncat said:
Hi, I've just upgraded cfgUSB to 56 to make use of FAT. I'm under the impression that the loader cannot utilise FAT unless Hermes 222/223 is installed and believed it was installed months ago when first using cfgUSB. Following instructions on GAF for upgrading and tried using cfg56-222.dol for booting but receive the error ret = -4100 Custom IOS 222 is not installed. I then reran Hermes 222/223 following GAF's instructions again, cIOS222 merging 38 + 37 and cIOS223 mering 38 + 60, but still receive the same ret error.

Despite 222/223 not being available, using the normal dol for cfgUSB 56 still loads up the FAT drive and boots games as normal. I am unable to use the 222 fix for Sakura Wars as it comes up with the cIOS222 is not installed error.

I'm afraid to use different combinations for merging due to lack of knowledge, but what other combinations have been run and proven to work? What can be done to fix 222/223 so cfgUSB can use it? Is there a way to remove these cIOS and start again from scratch and is that even a good idea?
You may have stubbed IOSes in the 222 and 223 slots. You need to use AnyTitle Deleter Mod or Dop-Mii to delete those stubs and then reinstall IOS222/223. You can get a link for ATDM on the IOS249 page and for Dop-Mii on the upgrade page.

QUOTE(bubbleboy @ May 17 2010, 07:16 PM) If the files are in .wbfs format and under 4gigs (ie most games) then you can copy them to a FAT32 drive.

You'll wonder why you put up with the wbfs partition and it's many many limitations for so long..
Even games over 4G can be put into .wbfs files, you just split the game over two files.

hispanico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bubbleboy said:
hispanico said:
Dr. Clipper said:
hispanico said:

Thank
Hispa
...2 advise...

Thank

If the files are in .wbfs format and under 4gigs (ie most games) then you can copy them to a FAT32 drive.

....excuse me but i read many post of friends speaking that format external hd is more convenient in wbfs because the dimension is more little respect ISO, the only problem is if i have game more 4GB fat32 is not compatible...

Thank

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
hispanico said:
....excuse me but i read many post of friends speaking that format external hd is more convenient in wbfs because the dimension is more little respect ISO, the only problem is if i have game more 4GB fat32 is not compatible...

Thank
Your friends are wrong. The file format on FAT32 is .wbfs files. These are simple file wrappers for the same data that would be on a wbfs partition. They actually end up taking less space on FAT32 compared to WBFS due to cluster sizes.

All games are supported, even games bigger than 4GB. For games bigger than 4GB, you simply use two files; one with the .wbfs extension and the other with the .wbf1 extension. If you install your games from discs, Cfg automatically makes this split for you.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Dang, I need to check this forum, and check for updates more often.

The theme downloader is a very nice addition, thank you very much for your continuing hard work on this amazing piece of software.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiPower said:
Anybody here know more about the requirements for PoP? I read a lot about people having trouble getting it to work, but none of these seem to know what they are doing. Or to word it diffently, i haven't read a "doesn't work" report that's leading anywhere near solving the problem.
As far as I have heard PoP uses IOS53. As the cIOSes can't use IOS53 as base, no usb loader runs this game without crashing.

hispanico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
hispanico said:

Thank
Your friends are wrong. The file format on FAT32 is .wbfs files. These are simple file wrappers for the same data that would be on a wbfs partition. They actually end up taking less space on FAT32 compared to WBFS due to cluster sizes.

All games are supported, even games bigger than 4GB. For games bigger than 4GB, you simply use two files; one with the .wbfs extension and the other with the .wbf1 extension. If you install your games from discs, Cfg automatically makes this split for you.
..Thank Dr. Clipper....now i formatted my hd samsung s2 320gb in fat 32 and to copy game over 4gb i can use Wii Backup Manager... i can use it also for all others game under 4gb ....is correct ?

Thnak

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
M[u said:
ddy]
WiiPower said:
As far as I have heard PoP uses IOS53. As the cIOSes can't use IOS53 as base, no usb loader runs this game without crashing.
This is very interesting...
I think priiloader has an option to force cIOS249 as base to every game.But is this applied to USB games too?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
panmusic said:
M[u said:
ddy]
WiiPower said:
I think priiloader has an option to force cIOS249 as base to every game.But is this applied to USB games too?
cIOS249 doesn't equal IOS53.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
panmusic said:
M[u said:
ddy]
WiiPower said:

AAaaaaarrrrrrhhhhhhh!!!!

That "forcing" is just using IOS249 for games loaded in the disc channel. No nothing related to loading games with a loader(after booting the wii with priiloader), and no forcing, if the game loads its IOS itself(IOS Reloading games), the patch is next to useless.

Also there's no such thing as a cIOS249!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw