Hacking Configurable USB Loader

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but after i updated to 52b3, my game listing in usb loader only shows the first 3 letters of every game. i don't use wiitdb. i use my folder names for names. here is my config file. i went back to 52b2 and all works fine again. any suggestions?

device = usb
gui = 1
gui_style = coverflow3d
cursor_jump = 21
disable_format = 1
db_ignore_titles = 1

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Darlenix said:
It didn't work, reinstalling the cIOS 222 and all t.t

Damn', I can't figure out what it is.

Can you run backups using another loader (even from DVD es NeoGamma)?

P.S. thanks, team, for the update: button remapping is very useful.
wink.gif

beemisc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launching the game from Configuration USB Loader, is there a way to exit the game and go back directly to Configuration USB Loader UI instead of Wii System Menu and launch the loader again?

Also, is there a way to ask the loader to load the cover from single NTFS partition HDD?

Thx,

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
beemisc said:
Launching the game from Configuration USB Loader, is there a way to exit the game and go back directly to Configuration USB Loader UI instead of Wii System Menu and launch the loader again?

Also, is there a way to ask the loader to load the cover from single NTFS partition HDD?

Thx,

Priiloader and the CFG Forwarder DOL for Priiloader

beemisc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
beemisc said:

Thx,

Woo, impressed with fast response.
smile.gif
. Thanks pepxl. Is there any existing instruction on how to do it that I am missing?

Piso Mojado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a stupid non-problem, but I'm really curious.

I'm using v.52b and I have yet to see an 002 error. It's supposed to happen right when you first load certain games, right? You get a big green screen with an 002 error? Well, I never get one even when I play those certain games, and I kinda feel like I'm missing out! I've made sure to leave the default preferences and NO anti 002, but still no errors. Where's the hand wringing frustration I'm supposed to be having!? Have I just not played long enough?

So the question is. does 52b automatically turn on 002 protection on known games?

Would it help or hinder anything if I turned on Anti 002 even when I don't seem to need it?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
beemisc said:
pepxl said:
beemisc said:

Thx,

Woo, impressed with fast response.
smile.gif
. Thanks pepxl. Is there any existing instruction on how to do it that I am missing?

if you dont already have priiloader check out the thread in the "Hacking Section" as for the forwarder dol the links in the 1st post about half way down, install priiloader, pop the dol in the root of the SD and use priiloader to install it and set the option in priiloader to "Autoboot = Installed File " and "Return To = Autoboot"

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Piso Mojado said:
This is a stupid non-problem, but I'm really curious.

I'm using v.52b and I have yet to see an 002 error. It's supposed to happen right when you first load certain games, right? You get a big green screen with an 002 error? Well, I never get one even when I play those certain games, and I kinda feel like I'm missing out! I've made sure to leave the default preferences and NO anti 002, but still no errors. Where's the hand wringing frustration I'm supposed to be having!? Have I just not played long enough?

So the question is. does 52b automatically turn on 002 protection on known games?

Would it help or hinder anything if I turned on Anti 002 even when I don't seem to need it?
Short story: you don't know what this option means, you don't need it, and it will make some games not work properly if you use it.

Long story:
Ah, finally this misconception of people makes sense. OK, hopefully a little history lesson should clear things up.

When rev 13 of IOS249 came out, it no longer did a certain patch and 002 errors started popping up in loaders. Within hours, WiiPower had told everyone the line that needed to be added to loaders to replace the old patch. Cfg had that patch in and was working almost immediately and most of the other good loaders were updated too (but not all). Cfg did that choice in a mandatory way. GX decided to make an option that was disabled by default. While all this was happening, Waninkoko also released a rev 13b that included the patch back in to shut up all the guys that were screaming about 13 not working.

This created a lot of confusion and misinformation. People thought 13b must be better than 13 (which people started calling 13a) because it came out later. However, the IOS-patch was beginning to fail in games where the loader one would work. Rev 13 was the much better revision and simply worked with everything in Cfg (and with GX if you turned on the 002 patch). It was also discovered that some games would fail if both the loader-based and IOS-based patch were applied simultaneously. Thus, loaders started to implement an "anti-002 fix" for these people that were not using rev13 that allowed the loaders using the better patch to still use the older IOSes and rev 13b.

Thus we come to where we are now. GX has a global 002 fix that is off by default and you need to switch it on if you are using rev13-rev17 (but not 13b). Cfg, on the other hand, patches 002 no matter what and provides an anti-002 fix for those guys on old IOSes. if you are on one of the later IOS249 revisions, or using IOS222/223, then you should never need to turn this option on. In fact, turning it on when you have an IOS that doesn't need it has been known to cause runtime errors.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
The program seemed to work well for a short time, but following a cover update, got a message bad adaptive filter and now the program crashes while initialising the covers.

I have deleted all cover files and the coverflow worked again, but once the covers were downloaded it is staight back to a flash of green stripe and then resetting the Wii.

Anybody got an idea how to fix this?

*edit*

I copied over the fullcovers I had on my fat/wbfs Wii and now it is working fine. Guess it must have been a corrupt file from a cover website.

btw simply changing the NTFS folder from WBFS to wbfs fixed the error. My own Wii which was also having problems worked fine without any alterations to the loader.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Muyfa666 said:
2 things:

-Rabbids Go Home cover says Lapin Cretins after updating. Waht??

-Whatever does Database do?
Somebody must have uploaded the French cover for RGH.

The database gives you information about the game (see the footer), allows you to search via the filters and sort options and gives you the synopsis of the game on the confirm start screen.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Muyfa666 said:
Aha.

So is there anything I can do about the cover?
Well, it seems the problem has already been fixed on WiiTDB, but there are no PAL full covers in English yet. You could go and download the US version image from WiiTDB and just copy it over the offending file on the drive/SD.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bd3319 said:
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but after i updated to 52b3, my game listing in usb loader only shows the first 3 letters of every game. i don't use wiitdb. i use my folder names for names. here is my config file. i went back to 52b2 and all works fine again. any suggestions?

device = usb
gui = 1
gui_style = coverflow3d
cursor_jump = 21
disable_format = 1
db_ignore_titles = 1
I tried but I can't reproduce your problem.
Without titles.txt and with db_ignore_titles = 1 I get folder names for titles as expected.
Can you give more details:
- FAT or NTFS? (i tried both and work for me)
- Which filename layout do you use? ID_Title or Title [ID]?
Can you make a screenshot?
And also a screenshot of how it looks in windows explorer or in WiiXplorer

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
bd3319 said:

device = usb
gui = 1
gui_style = coverflow3d
cursor_jump = 21
disable_format = 1
db_ignore_titles = 1
I tried but I can't reproduce your problem.
Without titles.txt and with db_ignore_titles = 1 I get folder names for titles as expected.
Can you give more details:
- FAT or NTFS? (i tried both and work for me)
- Which filename layout do you use? ID_Title or Title [ID]?
Can you make a screenshot?
And also a screenshot of how it looks in windows explorer or in WiiXplorer
I did make a screenshot. can i send it email. couldn't figure out how to post it in the message. i'm using ntfs partion with title [id]. does it matter which config file i use. the one i showed you is from usb-loader not apps\USBLoader. i'll try it and post back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I thought PS4/5 and Xbox One emulation would be kind of easy since they basically just a PC
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    they sorta are a pc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not