Hacking Configurable USB Loader

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have updated to the latest version thru the loader, but now i am experiencing random stack dumps when returning to CFG after playing a game. I am using the latest priiloader and forwarder to load CFG from my SD, never had it before updating. Anybody got any idea??

As for the idea of only one program, nah, i think things are fine just the way they are.

And to the user above me, Im curious, Why do u find the need to use WBFS and NTFS at all? I have 1 big FAT partition on my HDD and it works perfectly for all uses ( program, installs and reading games) i never have to switch partitions

EDIT: Just realised that the download failed when trying to update gonna do it manually and see if it fixes my stack dumps!!!

Also can anyone tell me how to export a gamelist while in the loader, im sure it had this option before but i cant find/ remember how to do it now.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another great prescription from the doc!!

Thanks Dr Clipper.

I knew it was something simple lol.

Also updating seems to have fixed my stack dump problem. Will keep an eye on it tho and report back if it appears again.

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nikeymikey said:
Hi i have updated to the latest version thru the loader, but now i am experiencing random stack dumps when returning to CFG after playing a game. I am using the latest priiloader and forwarder to load CFG from my SD, never had it before updating. Anybody got any idea??

There is no good forwarder for the combination of Priiloader and CFG loader today.
Just waiting for someone to create one..... (I can't
frown.gif
)
See the last post on this page for more explanation from giantpune:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181011&st=705

For the time being I have switched back to Preloader 0.29 and the old Nforwarder.....works ok with all cfg loader versions

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For TyRaNtM...Please.....
blush.gif
blush.gif

Can you post another mirror....(4shared...for example?¿')....i habe tried all this morning...but there are no free solts until now.....

P.D.:Just for having it clear....I download the ES.lan file ...
I create one folder in SD/usb loader/....named....languages....and i put in it my Spanish file....

Do i have to edit the config.txt file with the new version 52 Alpha or it is already done?¿?
I have already downloaded the new version by wifi in my wii .....and no problems with fat32 hard disc
wink2.gif

Edit:i am starting to hate rapidshare...just for a file of 6.28 kb i have to wait alllll the day.....

TyRaNtM....Thanks for this ...i will try to use your file when is me possible
blush.gif

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wiiuser2 said:
nikeymikey said:

There is no good forwarder for the combination of Priiloader and CFG loader today.
frown.gif
)

For the time being I have switched back to Preloader 0.29 and the old Nforwarder.....works ok with all cfg loader versions

The combo i am using which is the latest released priiloader (0.3b) and the forwarder .dol from the front page of this thread (http://priiloader.baduncles.de/forwarder/) and i am only having the odd stack dump problem but only after playing a game and then pushing the home button and selecting Wii Menu which reboots me back to the loader, this is when i sometime get a stack dump.

It doesnt happen very often and it just takes a quick tap on the reset button and everything is fine again. For example i was testing about 10 games just added to my HDD last night and i only got 1 stack dump while doing the testing.

rr20552

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
wiiuser2 said:
nikeymikey said:

frown.gif
)

The combo i am using which is the latest released priiloader (0.3b) and the forwarder .dol from the front page of this thread (http://priiloader.baduncles.de/forwarder/) and i am only having the odd stack dump problem but only after playing a game and then pushing the home button and selecting Wii Menu which reboots me back to the loader, this is when i sometime get a stack dump.

It doesnt happen very often and it just takes a quick tap on the reset button and everything is fine again. For example i was testing about 10 games just added to my HDD last night and i only got 1 stack dump while doing the testing.

The only issue I had was with a game that I had (incorrectly in this case!) configured to block IOS reload. This resulted in the Wii crashing (black screen) upon trying to return to cfg via Priiloader.

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I finally got my 64gb Flash Drive formatted to Fat32 (It took like 6 Hours!) and USB Loader recognizes and shows all the wbfs files I have on it perfectly.

Now im running into the following error when im trying to run games:

"WBFS error : Bad Magic"

What does that have to do with? Me making the wbfs file wrong? (Using Wii Game Manager 1.0) Or is there some other reason?

Many Thanks.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Wizard1 said:
Ok I finally got my 64gb Flash Drive formatted to Fat32 (It took like 6 Hours!) and USB Loader recognizes and shows all the wbfs files I have on it perfectly.
6 hours!??
You didn't enable the quick format option?
lecture.gif

It should take a couple of seconds not hours
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Wizard1 @ Jan 24 2010, 06:15 PM) Now im running into the following error when im trying to run games:
"WBFS error : Bad Magic"
What does that have to do with? Me making the wbfs file wrong? (Using Wii Game Manager 1.0) Or is there some other reason?
Many Thanks.
Could be, maybe try with the latest version, I believe 1.5 or 1.4, or try using the Wii Backup Manager. Both tools should be able to do the job fine though.

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah because I was having major problems formatting my 64gb Thumb Drive to FAT32 previously I wanted to make sure it was TRUE Fat32, not like other formats that supposedly formatted to FAT32 but was not recognized by my wii.

Ill check back in a little bit, running error scan on the drive.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
WAIKIKI728 said:
For TyRaNtM...Please.....
blush.gif
blush.gif

Can you post another mirror....(4shared...for example?¿')....i habe tried all this morning...but there are no free solts until now.....

P.D.:Just for having it clear....I download the ES.lan file ...
I create one folder in SD/usb loader/....named....languages....and i put in it my Spanish file....
Do i have to edit the config.txt file with the new version 52 Alpha or it is already done?¿?
I have already downloaded the new version by wifi in my wii .....and no problems with fat32 hard disc
wink2.gif

Edit:i am starting to hate rapidshare...just for a file of 6.28 kb i have to wait alllll the day.....
TyRaNtM....Thanks for this ...i will try to use your file when is me possible
blush.gif

I added a mirror in MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hwjgkjjd14m

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi tj_cool,

regarding the Dutch translation: I spotted an error which is quite inconvenient:

msgid "Press 2 to save options"
msgstr "Druk 1 om de opties op te slaan"

It displays the wrong button to press. Can you correct it in the main version ?
Thanks for all your efforts in translating.
gbasp.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wiiuser2 said:
Hi tj_cool,

regarding the Dutch translation: I spotted an error which is quite inconvenient:

msgid "Press 2 to save options"
msgstr "Druk 1 om de opties op te slaan"

It displays the wrong button to press. Can you correct it in the main version ?
Thanks for all your efforts in translating.
gbasp.gif
Thats quite inconvenient indeed
tongue.gif

I changed that

If you have any more improvements, you can always PM me
wink.gif

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
tongue.gif

I changed that

wink.gif

Thanks to tj_cool who gave me permission to update the Dutch translation file !!
I have made quite some changes. The latest NL.lang can be downloaded at Google docs

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
wiiuser2 said:
tj_cool said:
tongue.gif

I changed that

wink.gif

Thanks to tj_cool who gave me permission to update the Dutch translation file !!
I have made quite some changes. The latest NL.lang can be downloaded at Google docs
Remove the "(laatste versie)" from the name and it will download to the correct filename. I can then link that in the translation thread.

Also, it might help to post in the translation thread when you make a change so that people will know to take another look.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
And to the user above me, Im curious, Why do u find the need to use WBFS and NTFS at all? I have 1 big FAT partition on my HDD and it works perfectly for all uses ( program, installs and reading games) i never have to switch partitions

because thats what i feel like doing
i cbf getting a program to convert the hard drive to fat as windows only lets u do 2 or 4 gig or something then ntfs is the only option so just created a wbfs partition aswell and also fat was at its early stages of development when i started
i run ntfs to put other stuff on it like tv series(to watch thru MplayerCE etc and store other stuff its not just for the wii)
if i was to resetup it again id probably make a bigger fat portion and remove the wbfs

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
my cfg usb loader green screens and kicks me to system menu as soon as it loads up. if i press A quickly enough though i can play animal crossing (abc order dammit) but thats no good.

cfgusb v49.b wbfs partition only 500gig
pal wii
sys menu 4.2
cios14

everything worked great untill the last 3 days...

it green screens like when old games used to green screen.. except this is in the loader!?!. tried loading from forwarder channel and homebrew channel, 50hz 60hz and hd/480p - same result.

please help. this is the first time this excellent loader has proper failed me.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
lostdwarf said:
my cfg usb loader green screens and kicks me to system menu as soon as it loads up. if i press A quickly enough though i can play animal crossing (abc order dammit) but thats no good.

pal wii
sys menu 4.2
cios14

it green screens like when old games used to green screen.. except this is in the loader!?!. tried loading from forwarder channel and homebrew channel, 50hz 60hz and hd/480p - same result.

It could be a bad cover image. Change your covers directory to be named covers2 or something and see if you still get green screens. If it is a bad cover, then have a look in the appropriate cover directory to see if they all display correctly.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
lostdwarf said:

pal wii
sys menu 4.2
cios14

It could be a bad cover image. Change your covers directory to be named covers2 or something and see if you still get green screens. If it is a bad cover, then have a look in the appropriate cover directory to see if they all display correctly.

do you mean check the wii's sd card on my pc and check the covers folder or do i check this on the wii somehow?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1