usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Here's a little shell script that renames directories according to titles.txt
rename_titles.sh (linux/macosx only)
I might integrate this into wbfs_file one day...

edit:
re-uploaded a new version, same url.
# v2: fix: check if argument is a directory not a file

And here's a windows version: rename_folders.vbs
or this, in case your firewall won't let you download vbs files... rename_folders.zip

Just double click the vbs file to run it. You need the file placed where your game folders are - and the titles.txt file, of course.
Please test with a small subset as I haven't tested on my Wii yet. I ran it on all my folders and it seemed to work ok.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i'm not sure what rev will work, i think u would have to go back a long time (possibly before fat32 support). But it sounds like u already have your card partitioned with a wbfs partition so the old revs should work fine for u.

obviously oggzee knows a hell of a lot more on this than i do

best of luck

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
i'm not sure what rev will work, i think u would have to go back a long time (possibly before fat32 support). But it sounds like u already have your card partitioned with a wbfs partition so the old revs should work fine for u.

obviously oggzee knows a hell of a lot more on this than i do

best of luck
Thank you.
I will try an older rev, and post the results.
It's gonna be a while, cuz i have visitors now.
But again, thanks for the help.

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i tried a few old cfg's, and none of them seemed to work.
Actually, the latest cfg50 seems to be the one with better results.The older ones wouldn't even get to the boot message like cfg50 does.
Here are the cfg's i tried:
cfg_1
cfg_3
cfg_13
cfg_32
cfg_39
cfg_41
cfg_48

Also, i do have a 1gb mp3 player, so i loaded Wii Sports Resort into that and tried it on cfg_50.
It worked perfectly.
I guess i just have to wait till i can get a better hdd to plug into my usb port.
Thank you for your help.

wuher69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheGlow said:
wuher69 said:
Has anyone gotten any version of metroid prime trilogy to work with this loader without using alt-dol? I have received a DVD5 of trilogy with #3 stripped from a popular T-site, and users there report that it works for them. But no matter what settings I use it always flashes green when I select the game then drops back to system menu.
Well how far do you get to go before an ending? I loaded mine up for a moment and was able to go to the save select/new game screen.

I can select the game, and the difficulty. It then goes to the loading screen and that is where it reboots to system menu

DMzda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When will the SDHC FAT support be fixed? I have an 8GB SDHC card, but CFGLoader will not recognize the game on it (under /wbfs). Is there a fix I can use?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program is awesome. Anyway, is there any benefit at all to using WBFS partitions instead of FAT? I've just been using FAT, and wondered why anyone would use WBFS partitions other than they were already using one before FAT was supported.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DMzda said:
When will the SDHC FAT support be fixed? I have an 8GB SDHC card, but CFGLoader will not recognize the game on it (under /wbfs). Is there a fix I can use?
It was supposed to have been fixed in v50c. Have you tried that yet?

QUOTE(tbgtbg @ Jan 6 2010, 10:14 AM) This program is awesome. Anyway, is there any benefit at all to using WBFS partitions instead of FAT? I've just been using FAT, and wondered why anyone would use WBFS partitions other than they were already using one before FAT was supported.
You answered your own question.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
usptactical said:
oggzee said:

edit:

or this, in case your firewall won't let you download vbs files... rename_folders.zip

Just double click the vbs file to run it. You need the file placed where your game folders are - and the titles.txt file, of course.
Please test with a small subset as I haven't tested on my Wii yet. I ran it on all my folders and it seemed to work ok.
will it check for folders?
first version of shell script (i use it with cygwin) renamed iso files, and got conflict with fodlers having same name
i moved all iso in main directory but didnt removed folders on the test disk
surely for those, who dont work with folder structure, it wil be also nice to rename files, insteaf of folders..

Titles.txt
R4FP20 = Story Hour: Fairy Tales
RPBP01 = Pokémon Battle Revolution

Renamed by the vbs file
R4FP7J_Story Hour  Fairy Tales
RPBP01_Pokémon Battle Revolution

I miss a dialog, where i can see the progress, also it seems to be slower than the cygwin script for me...

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
DMzda said:
It doesn't work.
Check my posts above.
And yes, i have downloaded the bugfix.
It does recognize my games (WBFS partition on 8gb SDHC Card), but it freezes at the boot message.
Tried one of the same games through USB port, and it worked fine.

HJTesting

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
MarkP80 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
DMzda said:
It doesn't work.
Check my posts above.
And yes, i have downloaded the bugfix.
It does recognize my games (WBFS partition on 8gb SDHC Card), but it freezes at the boot message.
Tried one of the same games through USB port, and it worked fine.

I've a 8GB Sandisk SDHC that has one FAT32 partition for Configurable USB Loader and one WBFS partition for games (via IOS249rev13b), I can paly the WBFS partition's game very well.

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HJTesting said:
I've a 8GB Sandisk SDHC that has one FAT32 partition for Configurable USB Loader and one WBFS partition for games (via IOS249rev13b), I can paly the WBFS partition's game very well.
Hmmm...I guess it depends on the SDHC then...
Thank you for that.I wonder if i could still return mine to Walmart and buy a Sandisk one.
OUCH!Just did a quick google search, and it seems the Sandisk is about $50.I paid $25 for mine.(No wonder it doesn't work, huh?)
Anyway, i think i'll keep my card and just buy an hdd enclosure to use the old 114 gb hdd i have on my dead desktop.
I think this is good for other members who want to buy an SDHC card to know which cards have better compatibility with this.

EDIT:
Also, i see you are using IOS249rev13b.
I am using rev15.
Could this be the cause for my freeze?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
You answered your own question.

Okay, thanks, I didn't know if maybe there might not've been some other reasons, but if that's it, I'll stick with FAT.
smile.gif

HJTesting

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
MarkP80 said:
HJTesting said:
Hmmm...I guess it depends on the SDHC then...
Thank you for that.I wonder if i could still return mine to Walmart and buy a Sandisk one.
OUCH!Just did a quick google search, and it seems the Sandisk is about $50.I paid $25 for mine.(No wonder it doesn't work, huh?)
Anyway, i think i'll keep my card and just buy an hdd enclosure to use the old 114 gb hdd i have on my dead desktop.
I think this is good for other members who want to buy an SDHC card to know which cards have better compatibility with this.

EDIT:
Also, i see you are using IOS249rev13b.
I am using rev15.
Could this be the cause for my freeze?

Sorry, I forget to say that it can play only via the cIOS249rev13x

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HJTesting said:
Sorry, I forget to say that it can play only via the cIOS249rev13x
Ok, so in order for me to test this, i would have to downgrade my IOS 249.
I should just run cIOS38_rev13-Installer, right?
It won't give me any problems since i have rev 15 already installed?

evilmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

What can i do if the covers are not being downloaded. Is there a requirement Im missing for this ?

The loader works ok, I can boot games from a USB HDD, but the covers are empty.

I had installed CIOS 249 (cIOS38r14), HERMES CIOS 222rev4, on a 4.2 version Wii Menu.

Any hint will be apreciated.

Regards.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
oggzee said:

edit:

This is great though it only renames directories. Now i need an easy way to put the games i have into directories.

Also : turns into Â. I know Window can't have : in file names so maybe change it to turn into -

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ChaosEnergy said:
surely for those, who dont work with folder structure, it wil be also nice to rename files, insteaf of folders..
The files need to stay as the ID only. It's the txt files that provide the names when in flat structure.

evilmindWhat can i do if the covers are not being downloaded. Is there a requirement Im missing for this ?

Have you used the Download Missing Covers feature? Go to global options (push 1 twice) select "Download Missing Covers" and push D-pad right. If you push D-pad left instead, it will download all covers, missing or not. You can also install covers for single games via the cover option in each game's option page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday