Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
is there a program to go from an iso to .wbfs? I am sure there is, and I am just blind and missing it...

Thanks as always!
-Erik

There are 2 or 3 that I know of.

1st Oggzee made a nice command line utility called wbfs_file that converts from ISO to WBFS and back.
It is on the 1st post of this thread, but here is the link wbfs_file_1.3.zip

There is a tutorial on how to use it made by Dr. Clipper here.

But the easiest way to use Oggzee tool is to just drag and drop the ISO on the utility and it will open up and start converting to th esame folder.

QUOTEQ: How to convert all the .iso files to .wbfs files in one step?
A: Open up CMD where your iso files are and run:
for %i in (*.iso) do wbfs_file.exe "%i"
If you write that in a .bat batch file then you have to use %%i instead of %, like this:
for %%i in (*.iso) do wbfs_file.exe "%%i"

2nd there is Wii Backup Manager 0.1.6

I've used both of these and they are pretty easy to use.

I just saw something about Simple WBFS File Manager, but have never used it or looked into it yet.

Hope this helps;

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oggzee said:
mousex said:
And if Waninkoko jumps from a bridge you do so, too? I hope so
tongue.gif

Whatever dude, go break a leg or something.

QUOTE(mousex @ Nov 8 2009, 01:13 PM) What GPL'd code did he use exactly? I hope you are not talking about libwbs because quirk (or whatever his name was) supposely gave him the source without license.
EHCI, the USB2 driver is from the linux kernel. Besides his not releasing the source is not my reason for not doing so. I'm just wondering why everyone likes to bug only me about GPL? For example WiiFlow too has been in closed source development for months and was only released when hibern had it enough. Also, as I said, I will release the source at one point but not because someone threatens me with the GPL but when I decide so.

You are not the only one. Crediar was bullied out of publishing SNEEK v1 for licensing reasons as well.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me i can't figure out how to get cheatcodes to work, i downloaded them turned them on pushed save but when i got back to manage all the ones i enabled are again disabled there seems no way to make them to stick

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
jefffisher said:
can someone help me i can't figure out how to get cheatcodes to work, i downloaded them turned them on pushed save but when i got back to manage all the ones i enabled are again disabled there seems no way to make them to stick

Are you perhaps using the hybrid channel without forwarding or is your base directory or settings.cfg file write protected? Your base directory is listed on the global options page, which you can get to by pushing 1 twice from the games list or GUI. I think the cheats might also need another directory on the SD card, check README-CFG.txt for more info.

Edit: The cheats directory is the codes subdirectory of the base directory. I just had another thought though. THe cheats you turn on aren't saved anywhere except the .gct. There won't be a way to read that to go back to the .txt file, so your cheats are probably saved, you just can't see which ones were saved by going back there.

AllWiidUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mousex said:
oggzee said:
AllWiidUp said:
Where is the source code for the ehcmodule_fat? Since it is based on hermes 3.1 source code which is gpl.
I think we went through that before. As I said I don't care about GPL, so sue me. You can take that same argument to waninkoko for not releasing his cios, it's also filled with GPLd code. Now what?
And if Waninkoko jumps from a bridge you do so, too? I hope so
tongue.gif

What GPL'd code did he use exactly? I hope you are not talking about libwbs because quirk (or whatever his name was) supposely gave him the source without license.

I'd like to know which GPL code you think Waninikoko used, since he developed his own stuff. Also the modules based on GPL stuff that he was caught with, were released as source. You've already admitted that you used Hermes' code, and say you don't respect the GPL, so you won't mind if someone reverses your code and releases it.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Puro Osso said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Puro Osso said:
Can't sync my wiiremotes!!!

Any way to come back to go to Wii Channel?

Pre-loader just stuck me at the CF USB loader... WITHOUT WIIREMOTES SYNC'ed
I think you need to hold the reset button at startup to disable autoboot with Preloader.

can't, there is no remote synchronized;

There is no way to sync WiiRemotes in the Configurable USB Loader?

Use a gamecube controller when in preloader to get back to ur system menu and then the remotes should sync again

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
AllWiidUp said:
I'd like to know which GPL code you think Waninikoko used, since he developed his own stuff. Also the modules based on GPL stuff that he was caught with, were released as source. You've already admitted that you used Hermes' code, and say you don't respect the GPL, so you won't mind if someone reverses your code and releases it.
Haven't I answered that questions about 3 times already? The USB2 (EHC) driver is from the linux kernel, WBFS by kwiirk is also GPL, although some say that kwiirk gave him permission to use it without GPL, but i guess kwiirk just doesn't care. And by releasing just parts of the used code doesn't make you GPL compliant, you have to release all parts that are involved in building an executable to be compliant. And why would i mind if someone reverses my code, lol, sure go ahead. But the changes are so trivial that it would be faster just writing it from scratch than doing any kind of reverse engineering. Out of curiosity, what new and interesting changes do you plan to build on top? I'm just wondering, because all I hear is this is gpl where is the source and none of hey I have this great idea that could be built on top of that let us have the source.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
burritoboy9984 said:
is there a program to go from an iso to .wbfs? I am sure there is, and I am just blind and missing it...

Thanks as always!
-Erik

There are 2 or 3 that I know of.

1st Oggzee made a nice command line utility called wbfs_file that converts from ISO to WBFS and back.
It is on the 1st post of this thread, but here is the link wbfs_file_1.3.zip

There is a tutorial on how to use it made by Dr. Clipper here.

But the easiest way to use Oggzee tool is to just drag and drop the ISO on the utility and it will open up and start converting to th esame folder.

QUOTEQ: How to convert all the .iso files to .wbfs files in one step?
A: Open up CMD where your iso files are and run:
for %i in (*.iso) do wbfs_file.exe "%i"
If you write that in a .bat batch file then you have to use %%i instead of %, like this:
for %%i in (*.iso) do wbfs_file.exe "%%i"

2nd there is Wii Backup Manager 0.1.6

I've used both of these and they are pretty easy to use.

I just saw something about Simple WBFS File Manager, but have never used it or looked into it yet.

Hope this helps;

All my iso files are on my ftp in my house... Don't really want to copy a ton of space to the cpu and back over the network... is there a way to make it copy to a local directory?

Thanks again!
-Erik

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Oggzee,

I just came up with another small request for wbfs_file, yes I know I'm full of em.
Is it possible to add an option to the iso conversion so that the resulting iso can be built on a drive other than the source drive.

As it stands now the wbfs file must reside on ntfs, exfat etc to convert to iso

Thanks
Ed

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found my own answer... Leaving my original question there in case someone else has the same question... Using Wii Backup Manager it allows you to do it
smile.gif

-Erik

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
pccfatman said:
I noticed a small problem with wbfs_file 1.3
If the game title has a ? in it it will extract the file from a wbfs partition to a wbfs file, once it is a wbfs file it cannot be converted back to iso or create an associated text info file for it.
If I hexedit the offending ? from the title it will then extract to iso. Not sure if there are any other offending characters, I assume it is because windows cannot use the ? in a filename
If this is not clear enough, lemme know and Ill try to clarify it further.
it's clear, i'll fix this tomorrow.
I think the long "-" character also does this. I was trying to trick WBFSSynch (a WBFS file manager) into allowing dashes in the title, which it doesn't because ther are delimiters there. It does allow long dashes, but that seems to srews up other programs.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pccfatman said:
Here is an update to my fat32 file manager

It has been named Simple WBFS File Manager
Current version is 1.1.0.0 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRHJ964N

Included is the windows binary for wbfs_file (both programs must reside in the same directory)
I was going to code directly, but Oggzee has made a nice command line utility, why reinvent the wheel

Will list all games in any given directory (No direct WBFS support yet, fat32, ntfs etc only atm)
Will list games in red that are missing the associated .txt file
Removed .txt file from files view so it now correctly shows only .wbfs, .wbf1 etc...

Added support for wbfs-iso/iso-wbfs conversion and make_info (all are done via wbfs_file 1.3)
Added some error checking routines to catch silly things, such as selecting an empty CD Drive

I will continue to add things I think of that are useful to me, if anyone has any requests, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

While the cmd prompt wbfs_file is great for those of us who know how to use it when i mod others wiis i wish there were an easier to use user friendly way to convert iso files and place them in the right spot. Sounds like your program will be the solution.
happy.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wbfs_file_1.4
wbfs_file_1.4_win32.zip
(only win32 binaries included, other platforms to follow tomorrow)

I think this addresses the suggestions made by pccfatman and the bug with -1 found by Skizzo.

CODEChanges:
--------

v1.4:
* fixed -1 option for 1:1 copy.
ÂÂ Note, a 1:1 copy will still scrub the last 256kb, because the wbfs
ÂÂ block size (2 mb) is not aligned to the wii disc size (4699979776 b)
ÂÂ However everything else is copied as is without scrubbing.
* Replace also ? and * with _ when making a filename from title
* make_info will create the .txt file in the same directory as the
ÂÂ source .wbfs file unless the argument is a device, then the .txt
ÂÂ files are created in the current dir.
* Indicate in the help message which parameters are source (SRC:)
ÂÂ and which are destination (DST:) in the first column, the parameter
ÂÂ is a source unless DST: specified
* Added command: 'convert' which is the same as running the tool with
ÂÂ just a filename, but it accepts a destination directory. Example:
ÂÂÂÂ wbfs_file c:\wii\game.iso convert e:\wbfs
ÂÂ will conver to e:\wbfs\GAMEID.wbfs
ÂÂ While the single file parameter variant:
ÂÂÂÂ wbfs_file c:\wii\game.iso
ÂÂ will convert to c:\wii\GAMEID.wbfs

Usage help text as printed by wbfs_file -h :
--------------------------------------------

wbfs_file.exe 1.4 by oggzee, based on wbfs by kwiirk

Usage: wbfs_file.exe [OPTIONS] [COMMAND [ARGS]]:

ÂÂGiven just a filename it will convert from iso to wbfs or vice versa:

ÂÂÂÂwbfs_file.exe filename.iso
ÂÂÂÂWill convert filename.iso to GAMEID.wbfs
ÂÂÂÂAnd create an info file GAMEID_TITLE.txt

ÂÂÂÂwbfs_file.exe filename.wbfs
ÂÂÂÂWill convert filename.wbfs to GAMEID_TITLE.iso

ÂÂCOMMANDS:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ convertÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂconvertÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂcreateÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂlsÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂdfÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂmake_infoÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂinitÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂadd_isoÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂadd_wbfsÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂrmÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂextract_isoÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂextract_wbfsÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂextract_wbfs_all
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂls_fileÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂextract_fileÂÂÂÂ

ÂÂOPTIONS: (it's recommended to just use the defaults)
ÂÂÂÂ-s SIZEÂÂ:ÂÂSet split size [2147483136] (4194303 sectors)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂMust be a multiple of 512 (sector size)
ÂÂÂÂ-aÂÂÂÂÂÂ :ÂÂCopy ALL partitions from ISO [default]
ÂÂÂÂ-gÂÂÂÂÂÂ :ÂÂCopy only game partition from ISO
ÂÂÂÂ-1ÂÂÂÂÂÂ :ÂÂCopy 1:1 from ISO
ÂÂÂÂ-hÂÂÂÂÂÂ :ÂÂHelp

AllWiidUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
AllWiidUp said:
Haven't I answered that questions about 3 times already? The USB2 (EHC) driver is from the linux kernel, WBFS by kwiirk is also GPL, although some say that kwiirk gave him permission to use it without GPL, but i guess kwiirk just doesn't care. And by releasing just parts of the used code doesn't make you GPL compliant, you have to release all parts that are involved in building an executable to be compliant. And why would i mind if someone reverses my code, lol, sure go ahead. But the changes are so trivial that it would be faster just writing it from scratch than doing any kind of reverse engineering. Out of curiosity, what new and interesting changes do you plan to build on top? I'm just wondering, because all I hear is this is gpl where is the source and none of hey I have this great idea that could be built on top of that let us have the source.

ok.. first off, the parts based on GPL are released, which is what you based your code on. I don't have to have any ideas, to have the code, just like Hermes didn't release his code to just you, because you had some killer idea.
so to be clear:
http://github.com/waninkoko/ehci-module
http://github.com/waninkoko/sdhc-module
http://github.com/waninkoko/fat-module

All released by Waninkoko, and all the code used in his cIOS that used GPL'd code. If you've reversed or read anything about the IOS, you know those are separate, and can therefore released separately, under a different license ( GPL ), since they were GPL. His other code is his own code, and can be under a separate license, which is how binary drivers work under Linux. Any code based on GPL'd kernel code is released.

I suspect you are afraid, that someone might do a better job than you and you'd lose the one thing you think you have claim to, even though you've stolen code to do it. By admitting that, you willingly ignore the license, shows you have no respect for the people, whose work you've based yours off of, or the people in the community that you claim to be helping. I know it's hard to admit that there are better coders that you, but Waninkoko, allowed others to base stuff off his ( kwiirk and hermes ) because they made things better. You wouldn't have a loader or a cIOS module, using ehc or anything without them. Do I think Waninkoko, should release all of the source code to the cIOS? of course, but that is his choice, since the GPL'd modules are released. If he released his stuff, hermes could finally release all his, as would kwiirk and the community would grow.

But in the end, the community loses when people ignore the license. I think if you wanted to not share, you should have made it a private project and shared with only your friends, cause by putting it out there and ignoring the license, you make everyone look like pirates, who steal even from each other.

I'd also prefer, that you didn't try to lump everyone else in the community with you, not everyone here is here for warez ( yes I know there is a large group for that, I'm not blind to that, but I don't want to be counted among that group ).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
AllWiidUp said:
ok.. first off, the parts based on GPL are released, which is what you based your code on.
You don't know exactly how GPL works, you can't just release parts and be compliant, you have to release everything. Since you don't know what you are talking about I haven't bothered to read the rest of your long text.

Puro Osso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nikeymikey said:
Puro Osso said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Puro Osso said:
Can't sync my wiiremotes!!!

Any way to come back to go to Wii Channel?

Pre-loader just stuck me at the CF USB loader... WITHOUT WIIREMOTES SYNC'ed
I think you need to hold the reset button at startup to disable autoboot with Preloader.

can't, there is no remote synchronized;

There is no way to sync WiiRemotes in the Configurable USB Loader?

Use a gamecube controller when in preloader to get back to ur system menu and then the remotes should sync again

Dont have GC controllers, tried a keyboard with no sucess;

You people can't add the sync feature to the Loader? or at least keyboard;

My wii is just a Brick... think this is a new way to do that...

Thanks again;

EDIT:

Can't someone just make somthing at the config.txt or another file to do the Loader just go to the Wii Channel?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Puro Osso said:
Dont have GC controllers, tried a keyboard with no sucess;
You people can't add the sync feature to the Loader? or at least keyboard;
My wii is just a Brick... think this is a new way to do that...
Thanks again;
EDIT:
Can't someone just make somthing at the config.txt or another file to do the Loader just go to the Wii Channel?
I'm not doing anything about it. I'm sure there are other solutions to your preloader problems, why don't you ask in some preloader forum or something?

AllWiidUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
AllWiidUp said:
ok.. first off, the parts based on GPL are released, which is what you based your code on.
You don't know exactly how GPL works, you can't just release parts and be compliant, you have to release everything. Since you don't know what you are talking about I haven't bothered to read the rest of your long text.

see, evasion. Can't take the time to read a response, just pretend everyone else is like you and steals.

IOS is *seperate* modules, the GPL'd code was in modules, hence those modules were released. Look at a WAD for IOS or cIOS, there are multiple files. Waninkoko followed the GPL and released all modules that are based on GPL code, don't try and pretend you can't understand that simple distinction.

This is a black and white issue, you *are* in the wrong, no one else. Everyone else involved with cIOS is following the the GPL, except you.

Please read the GPL, and people interpretations, before pretending you know. Were the modules released under a BSD license, you could do what you are doing and it's fine.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
AllWiidUp said:
oggzee said:
AllWiidUp said:
** SNIP **

just lay off no one has a problem with oggzee not releaseing the source but YOU, what are you a NINTY spy wanting to reverse USB loading, he has already stated he will release it in due time, just STFD and STFU!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will...