Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Profezza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My living room was "packed" with us and 5 dropped-jaw friends playing GH5 2 days before it is even out. After we whipped it out of a carousel of game boxes-- One guy asks, "are ..all...those...games? Where are they?" My beautiful assistant (wife) points at the Wii and just smiles brightly , then laughs. We all get our groove on, and when people aren't jamming out, popping bottles, mangling new songs or bringing
yaynds.gif
to the game, they are trying to get the concept of a modded system in their heads!

This is not a feature request. This is just a note of gratitude to Configurable Loader for being a huge (slick) part of making meh wii so sexay! Yesterday was a blast.
rofl2.gif
Thank you.

Caliban

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
[Yeah, the GH5 thread is just an explosion of information (and mis-information). It works just fine here, providing you install Hermes cIOS 223 as 36 merged 37. I am using V3 of Hermes cIOS btw (the one that comes with uloader 2.8D)

Just make sure to press 1 on GH5 and change the setting for the game to use 223-mload and you'll be fine
smile.gif

And btw, before people start installing that newer IOS56 revision that came on the disc, do not bother. It does nothing as far as I can see. I even tested the DS battle mode (because there are some false rumors floating around that this IOS is needed for it) and it worked fine....all on my system *without* the IOS installed at all. Until a valid reason is found to install it, I would not recommend putting it on just yet.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll try that tomorrow then and put on uloader 2.8D and try V3 of Hermese cIOS!! I'll report back with my results.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v42a (alpha)

http://sharebee.com/2df81db4
(or online update)

Code:
 * Ability to force progressive mode: (from NeoGamma)
- Split 'patch' video mode to a separate option:
ÂÂ video_patch = [0], 1, all
- video_patch = all will force all modes to the selected video mode.
ÂÂ This will also force progressive / interlaced mode, depending on what
ÂÂ is configured in wii settings. This can be used for example to force
ÂÂ progressive mode if the game will otherwise use interlaced mode (MPT)
- The equivalent of the old video = patch is now:
ÂÂÂÂ video = system
ÂÂÂÂ video_patch = 1
ÂÂ This will patch NTSC -> PAL modes if console is PAL
ÂÂ and PAL -> NTSC modes if console is NTSC
ÂÂ This will not change interlaced / progressive mode

* Allow wiird to work if ocarina is enabled and no codes are found.

edit: changed notes from video_patch = "All" to "all" (it is case sensitive)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
mahern4 said:
I just noticed that Neogamma is able to force 480p for games. This actually makes a pretty big difference with games like MPT where 480p doesn't load automatically. Is there a way to force it with this loader?
Please try 42a, works for me.
video: force ntsc (at least for me since I have pal)
video patch: all
Note: wii system settings TV type must be set to 480p

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
* Ability to force progressive mode: (from NeoGamma)
I knew you could do it. Great work!

QUOTE- Split 'patch' video mode to a separate option:
video_patch = [0], 1, All
- video_patch = All will force all modes to the selected video mode.
This will also force progressive / interlaced mode, depending on what
is configured in wii settings. This can be used for example to force
progressive mode if the game will otherwise use interlaced mode (MPT)
- The equivalent of the old video = patch is now:
video = system
video_patch = 1
This will patch NTSC -> PAL modes if console is PAL
and PAL -> NTSC modes if console is NTSC
This will not change interlaced / progressive mode
So is "patch" still a valid value of the "video" option? If it is still valid, does it force the video_patch to 1 when used? Do the other values of the video option force video_patch in any way? With that info, I can update the Configurator
smile.gif

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
oggzee said:
mahern4 said:
I just noticed that Neogamma is able to force 480p for games. This actually makes a pretty big difference with games like MPT where 480p doesn't load automatically. Is there a way to force it with this loader?
Please try 42a, works for me.
video: force ntsc (at least for me since I have pal)
video patch: all
Note: wii system settings TV type must be set to 480p

awesome ogzee, can't wait to try it out

mahern4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, still not working for me.

I have no problems booting the game, just getting it to run in 480p mode. The above method does not make the game run in 480p mode.

I checked my Wii system settings just to make sure it is set up for HD...and it is.

Thanks for the efforts! I really dig this loader
smile.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
mahern4 said:

I have no problems booting the game, just getting it to run in 480p mode. The above method does not make the game run in 480p mode.

I checked my Wii system settings just to make sure it is set up for HD...and it is.

smile.gif

What are you talking about ?
blink.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
So is "patch" still a valid value of the "video" option? If it is still valid, does it force the video_patch to 1 when used? Do the other values of the video option force video_patch in any way? With that info, I can update the Configurator
smile.gif
Yes, video=patch will automatically set: video=system, video_patch=1
All the force PAL*/NTSC modes will also do video_patch=1, (they always did), but will not change video_patch if it is set to all.
So, this: video=ntsc is the same as video=ntsc video_patch=1. (it also cannot be disabled by saying video=ntsc video_patch=0, it will still be forced to video_patch=1)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
mahern4 said:
smile.gif
Are you sure?
unsure.gif
It works for me and some others, so this looks strange.
In case you were setting the option by hand in config.txt, I must note that I have mistakenly written the value All instead of all, it is case sensitive. But I guess you changed it in the game options screen anyway.
Do you have a PAL or NTSC system?
Can you try different video settings (system, game, ntsc) combined with Video Patch: All (or video_patch = all)
Can you verify the mode used on your TV? (Which TV do you have?) - I have to press 'OK' on my tv remote to show the video mode used (LG LCD)

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Talking of video mode...is possible to make an option for the aspect radio(4:3 or 16:9)? For games made for 4:3 (like Mario Party 8 and Wario Shake Dimension).

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't heard anyone else report this issue so I figured I'd ask.

When running the latest Configurable (v41) via USB HDD through the forwarder recommended in the original post (UCXF), downloading covers to the drive isn't possible. After initializing the network, the Cover URL's are searched on a per title basis (as expected) but for each attempt the message appears, "Error: no data" and the next site is called. Is this a known issue? In my testing I've found downloading covers to an sd card (when running FROM an sd card) doesn't return the same error. I've also tested by defining "usb:/usb-loader/covers" as the covers path in config.txt but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for this wonderful program.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
FenrirWolf said:
Hmm, I ripped my copy using cIOSrev14. Maybe that's why I can't get Metroid Prime 3 to work via USB even when loading from 222 or 223. I'll have to test this and see what happens.
It will take a while to rip (the Hermes' IOSes are slow at ripping), but it should solve the problem. I confirmed it myself with my Brawl installation last night. Installed using rev 14, Brawl crashes when watching the How to Play video no matter which IOS you use (rev 14 goes to green error screen, Hermes' IOSes just hang). I deleted and installed with one of IOS222/223 and the video plays just fine (except in rev 14 of course).
Okay, so how do I choose which cIOS to install from? Will it ask me when I try ripping from this loader? I barely got this set up and am still trying to figure out all of it's intricacies.

EDIT: I went ahead and configured it to load from IOS222-mload in the global options. I figure that will do the trick.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
laurozza said:
Talking of video mode...is possible to make an option for the aspect radio(4:3 or 16:9)? For games made for 4:3 (like Mario Party 8 and Wario Shake Dimension).
The games would need to be coded to output a widescreen signal, so I would say that's a definite impossibility. WSD in particular does support widescreen; it adds extra info on screen without changing the playable area.

5010 said:
Haven't heard anyone else report this issue so I figured I'd ask.

When running the latest Configurable (v41) via USB HDD through the forwarder recommended in the original post (UCXF), downloading covers to the drive isn't possible. After initializing the network, the Cover URL's are searched on a per title basis (as expected) but for each attempt the message appears, "Error: no data" and the next site is called. Is this a known issue? In my testing I've found downloading covers to an sd card (when running FROM an sd card) doesn't return the same error. I've also tested by defining "usb:/usb-loader/covers" as the covers path in config.txt but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for this wonderful program.
It's not the latest any more (42a just got released), but it didn't change anything to do with the cover URLs so the issue is probably still there. Are you sure the covers you are downloading are available at any of the sites? Try using the "debug=1" option, which will give you more information about what the loader is doing.

QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ Sep 1 2009, 05:38 PM)
Okay, so how do I choose which cIOS to install from? Will it ask me when I try ripping from this loader? I barely got this set up and am still trying to figure out all of it's intricacies. While I'm at it, I'd like to know how to make the GUI start off on the list screen instead of the grid view.
The options are explained in three places:
1: README-CFG.txt which comes with every full version of the loader.
2: My tutorial page about the options.
3: My Configurator app which provides info if you hover over any option.

The first option you want is either "ios = 222-mload" or "ios = 223-mload" in config.txt to make the loader use them for all its actions, including installing games. The second is to not have "gui=start" in config.txt (set it to 1 instead, or delete the option). The list view (which I assume you mean as the console mode) is not called a 'GUI mode'. If you meant 'list view' to be one of the other graphical GUI styles, then you need to change the "gui_style" option.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, thanks for the responses. But I did manage to figure those all out while you were writing your post. Thanks for putting up with me.

Also, I'm really liking the loader so far. It brings back memories of when Ultimate USB Loader was king. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto