alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
thisdorkagain said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171567
so if i'm not mistaken, GeckoOS has open source. so can we break that 256-line limit now? i want to be able to boot Brawl+ from this loader.
great work on this loader. it's getting better and better.
Can you explain a bit what's with the 256 line limit and Brawl problem?
With Brawl+ you mean Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

I can explain that, I guess. Ocarina has a limit on the number of code lines that can be on at once. That number is 256. Brawl+ is the name of a "codeset" for super smash brothers brawl. Basically just a bunch of ocarina codes, collected together to create a different game experience. But they go over that limit. So you can't play it on the USB loaders, since they still use Ocarina's engine.
From my understanding, Gecko now has its own, superior code engine that eliminates that limit and also makes the codes able to do more.

But that's not what I'm here to request
wink.gif
What I am here to request is basically if you could implement this new code engine. Mostly because there are some codes that currently ONLY work with Gecko OS method of loading codes, not ocarina method. (Specifically, I'm interested in this code in particular, but there are others). I don't know what's different about this new method Gecko uses to load and apply the codes, but apparently it must be something. I would love it if you could implement it, since it's been my biggest complaint about ALL usb loaders. And my disk drive is broken so I've been stuck without these new codes. It'd be awesome if you could figure it out.

Of course, I realize you aren't a robot, and I can't just barge in and ask for stuff. This loader is already great, so thanks for all your hard work and I hope you continue to update it.
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
thisdorkagain said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171567

so if i'm not mistaken, GeckoOS has open source. so can we break that 256-line limit now? i want to be able to boot Brawl+ from this loader.

great work on this loader. it's getting better and better.

You must have missed this, but Cfg has had a 1000 line limit for quite a while:

README-CFG.txtcfg v36 (release)

* Minor cleanups of the Cheat Manager
Increased limits for cheat codes (per game):
max 256 cheats, max 1000 total code lines

I'm not sure if that's enough to get Brawl+ going though... Actually, I just went and checked and it seems the latest version has just over 1900 lines or something. Crazy.

@oggzee: Brawl+ is this huge set of hacks that can be applied to Brawl to make it more fun for tournament level players. It seems to be the predominant use of Ocarina. Perhaps you should up the line limit even further to allow for it? It looks like 2500 or 3000 might be enough.

Edit: seems I took too long counting code lines and got beaten. Oh well. The 1000 limit still applies as useful info
biggrin.gif

thisdorkagain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks alexcalibur. exactly what he said. but yeah. i just want to boot SSBB through this awesome loader with the Brawl+ codeset. because in order for me to do that, i have to boot via cd to get it working. this doesn't have to be a need since i'm really not lazy to just even leave the cd in the drive. but i think this would be a total plus if we could incorporate this GeckoOS.

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I'm using Brawl+, too.
It's a .gct with many "hacks", that make super smash bros brawl even more stable.
They got their own online server to play (if you connect wo wi-fi), so you can't get banned while using codes with this game.
It would be great to have the feature of gecko os, which includes the 256+ lines.
I'm using a snapshot method for brawl+ by now, but with this one, I've to enable it every time I start ssbb via a snapshot; Also it's just working for the NTSC version.
With the feature of Gecko included, I could play it with my PAL version of brawl+ and without enabling it every time I start brawl. ;p
Please add it, this would make this loader even more awesome.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
[...]
I'm not sure if that's enough to get Brawl+ going though... Actually, I just went and checked and it seems the latest version has just over 1900 lines or something. Crazy.
@oggzee: Brawl+ is this huge set of hacks that can be applied to Brawl to make it more fun for tournament level players. It seems to be the predominant use of Ocarina. Perhaps you should up the line limit even further to allow for it? It looks like 2500 or 3000 might be enough.
Edit: seems I took too long counting code lines and got beaten. Oh well. The 1000 limit still applies as useful info
biggrin.gif
The 1000 code lines limit in cfg applies only to .txt -> .gct creation.
I'm not sure but I guess the 256 'line' limit is in the ocarina engine that uses the .gct.
So even though you would be able to create a .gct with 1000 lines, it might not work with ocarina engine.
Again, I'm not the real expert on this, probably also because I never use cheats
wink.gif

But anyway, given time I will probably integrate the new cheat system to the loader.
Don't ask me when though.

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
oggzee said:
Dr. Clipper said:
[...]
biggrin.gif
The 1000 code lines limit in cfg applies only to .txt -> .gct creation.
I'm not sure but I guess the 256 'line' limit is in the ocarina engine that uses the .gct.
So even though you would be able to create a .gct with 1000 lines, it might not work with ocarina engine.
Again, I'm not the real expert on this, probably also because I never use cheats
wink.gif

But anyway, given time I will probably integrate the new cheat system to the loader.
Don't ask me when though.
It would be awesome to integrate it. Thanks for your quick reply again, oggzee.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
PNo4 said:
alexcalibur said:
(Specifically, I'm interested in this code in particular, but there are others).

Ohh please dear god do not add support for online cheaters to be able to get back online after they have been banned.

yes i agree you were banned for a reason "CHEATING ONLINE" so live with it

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
PNo4 said:
alexcalibur said:
(Specifically, I'm interested in this code in particular, but there are others).

Ohh please dear god do not add support for online cheaters to be able to get back online after they have been banned.

Yes adding support for people that was banned for cheating online is a very bad idea.

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand this argument completely, on the flipside if the cheat system is already in there and there is now superior code, why not add it to make Config USBLoader that much better? Personally I've never really used the codes, when it was added I downloaded a few and played with the feature, but haven't turned them on since then.

broksonic said:
PNo4 said:
alexcalibur said:

Yes adding support for people that was banned for cheating online is a very bad idea.

gd48202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
usptactical said:
gd48202 said:
I think I may have found a little bug with regards to covers. The cover for Wii Sports NTSC, shows up squashed (it looks as though you are looking at a letterbox movie with a gap above and below the graphic) with the new Version 38 menu. This cover used to show up properly before with previous versions. If it is something that I am doing wrong, let me know and I will test out the changes in my config.

Thanks,
GD

If it's only the Wii Sports cover that's squished, I'd have to assume there's something up with that cover. Try deleting it and download a new one. If that doesn't work, tell us what the dimensions are, if you're widescreen/4:3, which gui mode is squishing it and post the image somewhere.

upstactical,

I just wanted to let you know that you were absolutely correct! I deleted the image and downloaded a new one, and it worked as expected.

Thanks for the help!
GD

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question on parent controls.

I have had simple = 1. Therefore all options are locked out. However, with as fast as updates have been coming, is there a way to access the options when simple = 1?

Each time I want to update, do I have to change the config file to access or is there a button combination that unlocks the options so I can update?

Thanks

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dochog said:
Question on parent controls.
I have had simple = 1. Therefore all options are locked out. However, with as fast as updates have been coming, is there a way to access the options when simple = 1?
Each time I want to update, do I have to change the config file to access or is there a button combination that unlocks the options so I can update?
Thanks
There isn't a way to unlock at the moment, but it is on the to-do list
wink.gif

gd48202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kavid said:
TeenTin said:
If I install the latest IOS223 Hermes V3 and place the latest ehcmodule.elf (from uloader 2.8D) in the CFG Loader's folder. Will this work ?

Many Thanks !

no ,you must use ehcmodule.elf in v34b package.

if you use ehcmodule.elf in 2.8d ,loading ios can hang up.

I just want to be sure I understand this correctly. The ehcmodule.elf is a usb driver for uloader (ios222 & ios223). This module should be placed in the directory where the boot.dol is for configurable USB loader.

Based on the statement above, we must use the ehcmodule.elf from the V34b package. What is the v34b package. I thought it meant the configurable usbloader v3.4b (beta), so I downloaded that, and the ehcmodule.elf was not in that file. Where can one find this correct ehcmodule.elf?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
GD

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Channel updated to v38 release:

Why? Well, I was working on my 16GB SD card yesterday (copying multiple files over, clearing off some old) and decided to play a quick game while waiting for the process to complete. DOH! USBLoaderCFG resides on the SD card currently tied up
smile.gif

It was aggravating enough that I had decided to update the channel version....just to have a version on the nand that I can use when in such a pinch. I am not sure how often the channel will be updated, but I just couldn't see the front page with those very old channels anymore
smile.gif

This time I added all of the files/readmes (except for the apps/usbloader files as they are not needed with the channel of course) from the official release package to this one. I also put together a very quick "README-CHANNEL.txt" which clearly explains the drawback using the channel version (no online updatability for the app)

The ID is "UCFG" and the channel can be installed right alongside the forwarder if you wish. Enjoy!

http://sharebee.com/14558df6

can this be made into an upgradable channel similar to the forwarder channel?

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
PNo4 said:
alexcalibur said:

yes i agree you were banned for a reason "CHEATING ONLINE" so live with it

I hate to break it to you, but I'm not banned and never have been. I've also never used codes online. But if I understand how the banning works, it scans for people with the homebrew channel ticket. So hypothetically, anyone with it could be banned. I just want to get that code working in case it ever happens. So that I can enjoy online normally, just in case something happens.

but please, DON'T QUOTE ME on how the banning works. like I said, I've never been banned or anything like that. I just can go off of what I've read.

I would agree that hackers are horrible online. But still. There are other uses for it. There are many other codes you can find that are gecko 1.8+ only that have nothing to do with online. So I still maintain that since it is a superior code engine, it should be incorporated. And I have no idea how complicated it would be or anything, so I appreciate any effort, whether it happens or not.

EDIT: I didn't read a page and see that oggzee said he would do it eventually, which I give many thanks for. So kind of a useless post now. At least people shouldn't insta hate me because they think I'm banned though...

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
zektor said:
Channel updated to v38 release:

Why? Well, I was working on my 16GB SD card yesterday (copying multiple files over, clearing off some old) and decided to play a quick game while waiting for the process to complete. DOH! USBLoaderCFG resides on the SD card currently tied up
smile.gif

It was aggravating enough that I had decided to update the channel version....just to have a version on the nand that I can use when in such a pinch. I am not sure how often the channel will be updated, but I just couldn't see the front page with those very old channels anymore
smile.gif

This time I added all of the files/readmes (except for the apps/usbloader files as they are not needed with the channel of course) from the official release package to this one. I also put together a very quick "README-CHANNEL.txt" which clearly explains the drawback using the channel version (no online updatability for the app)

The ID is "UCFG" and the channel can be installed right alongside the forwarder if you wish. Enjoy!

http://sharebee.com/14558df6

can this be made into an upgradable channel similar to the forwarder channel?

No, sorry. The forwarder does just that, it "forwards" to the boot.dol on the sd card. When you update, it overwrites the boot.dol on the SD card with the newer version, and the forwarder in turn reads the new boot.dol.

The channel on the other hand has the latest (as of right now) boot.dol inside of it, and it installs to the NAND of the Wii. No way to update it from where it resides.

wallym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To the Configurable USB Loader team, a HUGE thank you and great appreciation for all your work.
bow.gif

At this stage, I'm very happy with my current environment (non-SD):

3.2E version
cfg 38 (via online update)
rev 14
3+ yr old 40GB samsung USB drive
narolez forwarder

Some games I have are: WSR, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Mario Power Tennis, Samba de Amigo, Big Brain....All working smoothly.
yay.gif

The best judge in my house, I would say is my 8-yr old kid. Before we're using Gamma to launch games. Now, using this loader, all she can say is..."Daddy this is so nice and so fast!"
wub.gif

Cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.