Hacking Configurable USB Loader

SwedishGojira

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
This thread hasn't been updated in AGES, I'm asking for latest build or something lol

Because the download links wont work
The link I posted (that is also in the first post of this thread) is to the project-page where you will find the latest build, r11, from January this year.
Not much is being developed since it is mostly working fine already and most developers have moved on to various other WiiU projects.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link I posted (that is also in the first post of this thread) is to the project-page where you will find the latest build, r11, from January this year.
Not much is being developed since it is mostly working fine already and most developers have moved on to various other WiiU projects.
Well, when I hit download it doesn't open, nothing happens xDDD can you shared the boot.dol with me please?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by GreyWolf,
Reactions: huma_dawii

VeganPete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How does one go about editing the default config? When I start CFG Loader, it has a theme and options, however when I launch cfg configurator, there is no config file for me to edit. I just have the option to create one myself, which doesnt work when I try to launch games. I just want to edit the existing (default) config to be in simple mode with a different background or a way to merge my additional config options without losing the existing settings..

VeganPete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I launch CFG Loader and when I press "B" to open the console, the screen resolution changes. When I'm in the games list it's fine, whenever I'm in the console or while CFG is booting, the screen squashes up and leaves a large black border at the bottom and the boot splash screen and all the cover artwork is squashed (incorrect resolution) until I return to the games list, then it is correct again. I have a PAL Machine. Is there any way to prevent this please? Thank you all.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

fT3g0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm using CFG, version r78.11, and have the following problem:
When I try to boot games, it gives me the following error:
ERROR: the drive or partition usb:/ is not connected!!

My assumption is that the problem exists because I have the usb-loader folder on my SD card. However, I don't know how to fix it.

cat2115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been in here for so long and just updated 4.2U to 4.3U this week using ModMii for Windows which included your loader. My question is, after playing game, how do I switch to select other game to play? Currently, I had to press "home" button then on Wii Menu screen, I would click on "usb-loader" then from their I can select other to play.

Thank you.

Kirbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions what is the difference between cfg loader mod and cfg loader. What is ios 222 mode for? What do different ios options effect? What is the best most updated release of cfg loader? Is there an out boot function that auto starts a game when you start cfg loader?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello :)
I haven't used cfg in ages and I have some questions about it now.

What's the latest version?
Is there a way to categorize games instead of browsing all those boxarts...
I recently got a 500GB HDD. They're with 2 USBs to connect instead of 1. How would that work on a Wii?
Does .wbfs file extension work, or do you still need the .iso inside a wbfs folder method?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by thekarter104,

Kirbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to compile the CFG USB Loader myself, I'll I did to the files from the svn, is change one of the codes directory and gameconfigs directorys in the file source/trunk/fst.c, I installed the latest devkitpro, opened programmers notepad, opened the project that is in the source folder, opened the Makefile, then cleaned then Maked, I get this error

Did I do something wrong? Is my installation of devkitpro messed up? did I miss a step? I would really want to know what I'm doing wrong.

I would greatly appreciate you help

Thanks

Last edited by Kirbeast,

Kirbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, under /lib there are the binary build of needed libraries under <library name>/lib<devkit version> and at the moment the supported devkits are 17,22,24,25,26 and 27. Next release will be ported to the lastest devkit. If you want to do it by yourself, you have to build with the new devkit every library under /lib and put it in the right folder before trying to build Cfg.
Yes, under /lib there are the binary build of needed libraries under <library name>/lib<devkit version> and at the moment the supported devkits are 17,22,24,25,26 and 27. Next release will be ported to the lastest devkit. If you want to do it by yourself, you have to build with the new devkit every library under /lib and put it in the right folder before trying to build Cfg.
Where exactly do you put the files in the /lib folder? Where is the correct folder location?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Is it a known issue that this backup loader have code dumps with nintendont GameCube games using the latest mod version?

Kinda a shame really if it is. It has grown to become my favorite loader

Kirbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully compiled the latest version of cfg usb loader mod patched ( cfg70r78.11) :rofl2:, I used devkitPPC r27, libogc 1.8.15-1, I got stuck on getting the right portlibs, I could not figure out where to put them, I found some portlibs from this download https://sourceforge.net/projects/us...c_portlibs_20150328_devkitPPC_R27.7z/download and it actually worked!!!!, I found this from this very informative thread if anyone else need information about compiling here it is https://gbatemp.net/threads/devkitpro-issues.479437/, finally after 4 days of messing with this I finally got it to work!!! :grog::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Last edited by Kirbeast,
Reactions: xtargazer

waffeln

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Germany
I'm trying to run NTSC Brawl on a PAL Wii with the console being set to 576i and Video Mode set to System, Dol Video Patch = All
but the game runs very slowly, like constant 2/3 of the full speed - for no apparent reason. I've used literally the exact same settings in USB Loader GX for Video and all and i'm only using one single cIOS in slot 249 but there it runs totally fine, full speed. Still can't post any links but i can provide all types of files, SysChecks, video captures etc., preferrably Discord (waffeln#0001)

ultramodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully compiled the latest version of cfg usb loader mod patched ( cfg70r78.11) :rofl2:, I used devkitPPC r27, libogc 1.8.15-1, I got stuck on getting the right portlibs, I could not figure out where to put them, I found some portlibs from this download https://sourceforge.net/projects/us...c_portlibs_20150328_devkitPPC_R27.7z/download and it actually worked!!!!, I found this from this very informative thread if anyone else need information about compiling here it is https://gbatemp.net/threads/devkitpro-issues.479437/, finally after 4 days of messing with this I finally got it to work!!! :grog::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I have a problem with Cfg loader I find it very slow when booting my 2tb seagate drive takes 30 secs everytime even when returning to channel. I dont have this issue with usb loader Gx or wiiflow both boot in under 10 seconds. Do you know a fix for this? I know the original cfg loader non mod boots fast it has something to do with the mod. I really like the mod version but refuse to use it due to its slow boot. I keep my setup in my sd card a class 6 and run my games from usb1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol