Configurable USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by oggzee, Apr 11, 2009.

1. EliteGamer105

EliteGamer105 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2014
    United States
    boot.firm, New Jersey
    Hey. I have a question with regards to booting up .wbfs games. When I play Mario Kart Wii with file modifications, I noticed that if I resize the .iso partition in Wii Scrubber to it's maximum allowed size, then convert it to .wbfs again using Wii Backup Manager, it boots up fine until I get past the health and safety screen. I immediately get a black screen afterwards. Is this normal for it to happen, or is something wrong with my configuration? I can only play using my mods if I don't resize the partition and replace certain THP files with blank .txt files, in which reduces the size of the game overall.

CFG USB Loader Version: v70
    CIOS Version When Booting Up MKWii: 249

Also may help to troubleshoot: Works fine if I boot exact game file in Dolphin Emulator 5.0

2. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    Hey dude, do you mind sharing that dol???

3. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2016
    France
  4. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    The links at the site don't seem to be working. Can anyone share and link me to it?

5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Hmm... all 4 of the current binaries work for me.

6. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    Ok, I think I got them now. Didn't show up as expected and had an .ICO extension. I've renamed them to boot.dol, seems to be the correct size, and will try them tonight.

7. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    ICO? That's weird.

8. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    Yes that's what I thought. Clicking on either cfg70r78.11-222.dol or cfg70r78.11.dol basically just took me to a blank page. Right clicking and saving it gave me cfg70r78.11-222.ico & cfg70r78.11.ico, but the file sizes were the same as the .10 version I am using so I just renamed it with the .dol extension, boot.dol. I guess it's just how my Windows 10 sees it.

9. aphirst

aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Oct 22, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Hull
    Is here an appropriate place to discuss CFG Loader Mod? I'm appreciative of the continuing effort, but was curious whether it was on the roadmap to support GameCube games in .ciso format? Since there are currently some sporadic-but-serious SD corruption issues in WiiFlow-Lite, I was considering switching to CFG as my daily driver, but the lack of .ciso support is holding me back.

I tried to search around for any threads specifically dedicated to the -Mod releases, but I wasn't able to find them. If here is the wrong place for -Mod related discussion, could someone let me know where is?

10. bostonBC

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    What SD corruption issues with WiiFlow-Lite?

I've used it for ages with few problems.

11. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
  12. aphirst

aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Oct 22, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Hull
    I've made some posts from here onwards. https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/page-36#post-8129327

It's not consistently reproducible, but I know it happens, and I know my SD card is fine.

Thanks a lot. I'll write something over there.

13. axxel6307

axxel6307 Newbie

Newcomer
    Saturday
    United States
    Thank you very much for this great tool. I'm building a fully loaded wii to give as a gift to my nephew. Couple questions.

Just successfully played my first game on a 128gb sd card fat32 using cfg. Is there a way to have it auto load the sd card? I'm having to click right to select sd card upon loading cfg and I am not sure my nephew can figure that out.

Also, does cfg auto split large games or must I do that ahead of time before putting on sd card?

14. axxel6307

axxel6307 Newbie

Newcomer
    Saturday
    United States
    Can someone provide me the zip of the current cfg? I cannot find it and realized I have the old version. Everywhere I look for the current is only the .dol file which, when I use that method, cfg does not appear in my homebrew. Is there a way to update cfg to current in the wii?

15. axxel6307

axxel6307 Newbie

Newcomer
    Saturday
    United States
    Is there any way to remove delete option when opening cfg, or block a kid from deleting it?

16. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Read my post a few above your first one. The project is no longer maintained. There is a newer mod version but I believe it's probably abandoned as well.

cvskid likes this.
  17. axxel6307

axxel6307 Newbie

Newcomer
    Saturday
    United States
    Ok, thanks for the reply. I was able to figure it out. Really enjoying this. Now, would like to get into the confiurator app for configuring the cfg. You wouldn't know where the latest zip is for that would you? The links I've tried have been empty.

18. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Yea, you should move on to USB Loader GX or WiiFlow (Lite).

19. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    I think the config app that's still on Google Code is the latest one. The r70 download here has it in the usb-loader folder.

axxel6307 likes this.
  20. axxel6307

axxel6307 Newbie

Newcomer
    Saturday
    United States
    I've read cfg is better for using larger sdhc cards.... I'll give them a shot if this doesn't work out for me...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice