Configurable USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by oggzee, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Howard

Howard GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2012
    United States
    Not exactly sure what you mean by IOS 58 node.
    will adding
    <arguments><arg>ios=58</arg></arguments>
    to your meta.xml get you what you are looking for?

2. AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Jan 14, 2012
    Ideas factory :)
    I mean USB access via IOS 58 since this is how the libsixaxis works
    I've already tried that meta.xml trick and it didn't work
    I'm looking for something like "Default Loader IOS" not "Default Game IOS"

3. remaxx

remaxx 7/11 was an inside job.

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2013
    United States
    Anyway to autoload a game with this?

4. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction

The problem is that the emuNAND portion of the cIOS code has to read the file system (that's why it only works with FAT32 while Wii games can be just about any filesystem) and that code was never updated to be UStealth comaptible.

EDIT:
    actually, just came across the solution to this
    EDIT2 : link to said attached file
    http://gbatemp.net/attachments/d2x_fat_ustealth-rar.10191/

5. GolfDude

GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    my config loader suddenly stopped working.. it gets stuck on the loading graphic.. all my other homebrew and loaders work, so its not an IOS issue.. whats causing cfg to not boot and lock the system up?.. i already replaced the boot.dol.. dont know whats going on..

6. marcellp

marcellp Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2014
    Hungary
    Hy!
    I have a problem in Just Dance 2014: What is this?
    setting up fragments 0 4
    ID mismatch:[SJOP41]
    Error: SetWBFS: -3

Another WII games works perfect.

WII 4.3E with CFG 7.0 Release Auto
    FAT32 HDD 500GB
    Modmii, but updated with Pimp My Wii

Thanks for the help!

7. Scream3r

Scream3r Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2014
    Argentina
    hello

i have a problem with xenoblade chronicles, when i try to load it the system turns off.
    Im using an USB 32GB formatted into NTFS.

Is it because of the cios? i have d2x cios (last version) installed in slot 249.

8. Chooker

Chooker Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    Russia
    NN
    Maybe someone can help? I have old Wii updated to 4.3E and use cfg70_r78, cIOS249[56]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
    I am trying run wiware games from SD. I change "nand_emu_path = sd:/nand", extract my NAND to sd:/nand, download mighty.dol and neek2o.dol from CFG Update button.
    Now I can see my WiiWare games and run it via mighty.dol, but compatibility not so good :( (as example Castlevania ReBirth hung on after logo KONAMI)
    If I try to run through neek2o.dol, then all hangs in CFG USBLoader after string IOS249.... in console.
    If I try use neek2o.dol with "nand_emu_path = usb:/nand" - games work perfect, but if I try exit game to wii system - all hangs on black screen :(
    I want run wiiware games from SD (64Gb 10 class), what I must to do?

9. deathpie

deathpie Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    I've been trying to use cfg usb loader to launch Project M in the wbfs format off of an SD card and whenever I load the game it tries to reload an IOS, blocks the IOS, and then freezes the wii. Any suggestion on how to fix this? I have the most recent version of cfg usb loader.

10. Chooker

Chooker Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    Russia
    NN
    Any version of CFG USB Loader hung on if Kirby's Adventure Wii [SUKP01] run from SD and in game I try start new game from clear slot.
    If game started from USB HDD, then no problems. Also no hung on from SD if I continue game.
    I think problem in CFG USB Loader.

11. NotHere

NotHere GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Can someone get this: USB loader v71 beta44 ? I cant find it anyhwere and the only site that has it wont let me download..its all not in English :(

12. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    I'm getting this error when trying to load a Wii game from any SDHC card on vWii:
    ERROR: setting up fragments -2 3
    ID mismatch [TITLE] []
    ERROR: SetWBFS: -3

Solutions found:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/configurable-usb-loader-problem.243436/
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/configurable-usb-loader.147638/page-743

It looks like people have got it to work by using Hermes cIOS Rev17. The thing is I can't install that Wii cIOS on on vWii. I've read about a d2x with a Rev-17 mode but I can't find one compiled anywhere. Any ideas?

13. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    My problem was with the cIOS I installed. I followed this tutorial very closely and as people in another thread figured out d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii breaks loading Wii backups from SDHC card. If you plan to use a SDHC card for Wii backups on Wii U vWii you must install d2x-v10-beta52-vWii.

14. deathpie
    This message by deathpie has been removed from public view by x65943, Oct 30, 2018, Reason: dupe.
    Nov 11, 2014
  15. cetygamer

cetygamer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    Hey, guys. Did anyone try that chinese cfg usb loader? Recently I downloaded that v71beta45 and it kinda works. Basically, I need that to be able to update my Nintendont easily without removing SD card from my Wii. But it broke multiplayer in my Call of Duty games. Game just can't to connect to its servers. Everything is fine with the official release of cfg loader. So, did anyone try new loader and is there any way to fix this issue?

16. Howard

Howard GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2012
    United States
    The person that created the chinese cfg refuses to release his source which is a violation of CFG license aggrement. So the only place to get help is on the chinese site.

Their is an option in nintendont to download an updated version of it self. Why do you want to do it from within CFG?

17. cetygamer

cetygamer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of

Well, It is good to have everything in one place: launching every game on my Wii and updating soft for launching those games. :)

18. slimpyman

slimpyman GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2008
    United States
    Valparaiso, IN
    i cant find the download for 70r78 any help?

19. SwedishGojira

SwedishGojira Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Sweden
  20. cetygamer

cetygamer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    http://v01.mikeserver.de/cfg/ - this is the official link from Google Code CFG loader-mod page.

21. Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2013
    United States
    From what I understand, a Wii U Pro Controller can be used on the original Wii. Is that true?