Hacking Configurable USB Loader

jam5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can someone please give me an explained tutorial of how to get gamecube games to work and what exactly to download and the loader and where exactly to place the games so it can find them i tried just putting a game in the sd card and playing it on the loader but i get the "no games found"

morris14ccm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished installing CFG. I have it in apps on my SD card and usb-loader on my external hard drive. When I hit + to install a game to my HDD it shows the game, but says "Error: NTFS write disabled" and it gives me two options: 1. Dump BCA 2. Exit

When I go into settings->IOS I see that 249 is listed as a stub, but I'm running it using it on 248 and 247 so I don't think that should be an issue. 248 and 247 both have the bases listed from when I installed d2x. During CFG's startup I see "248" in the bottom-right of the screen.

Also, I have a folder on the HDD called "wbfs" with several games in it. However, none of them appear in CFG's main menu.

Any idea why I can't install a game to my HDD? How can I play games I downloaded online as well?

Thanks

morris14ccm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I used Wii Backup Manager and all the games show up in the loader now, but they all also freeze constantly. I had originally installed d2x v6 so I just updated to v8 and they run a little longer, but they still freeze after menu screens.

I was thinking about deleting the meta.xml that I have, which is set to IOS248 that I got here and then using the Configurator to make one. Will this make a difference? Any specific settings you would recommend?

I also updated CFG from V70 to V70r15 from the Wii over the Internet, I saw that the google page had up to r22, but 15 was the highest that I could download using the Wii.

jam5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So when its converted using discex the whole folder "GSNP8P" or just the game iso goes into the "games" folder on the sd card

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just discovered the new update to 70 this morning when I randomly wanted to see if I could update CFG.
Now I don't need to use wiiflow for GC loading anymore. All in one place. (:

Good job, CFG team.

Anyone have problems running Animal Crossing:City Folk? I know it's old and not many people play it anymore, but who knows.
It just seems to freeze at times. Sometimes it won't freeze all day, and sometimes it will freeze three times in an hour.

I'm using the recommended cios setup,
and using 222 because I need to use the keyboard with it and 249 etc doesn't work with that.

KarlKarls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
How do I hide games within a certain profile? I want to have a profile show only certain games - not just mark some as favorites and others not. I want games that are not marked as favorites to be hidden completely under certain profiles. Is this possible? If not, how the heck do I go about making a custom category? Seems so simple... but no. I want my WiiWare forwarder ISOs to have their own profile or category.

**SOLVED**
To accomplish this I had to go through my entire collection of 600+ games and favorite them under Wii Ware or Wii Games accordingly, then in settings while the loader is running turn favorites ON. I'm now able to switch between profiles, with each showing only the marked favorites.

**UNSOLVED**
It works nicely but there is one issue - favorites are limited? All 65 pages of my games show when favorites is set OFF, but as soon as I enable favorites it goes down to 10 pages for each profile. There is 300+ games marked as favorite under each profile. No games are marked as hidden and I've double checked the settings.cfg multiple times so I don't understand why CFG Loader will not display all the games I have marked as favorite.

ANY INFO APPRECIATED THANKS!!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have problems running Animal Crossing:City Folk? I know it's old and not many people play it anymore, but who knows.
It just seems to freeze at times. Sometimes it won't freeze all day, and sometimes it will freeze three times in an hour.

I'm using the recommended cios setup,
and using 222 because I need to use the keyboard with it and 249 etc doesn't work with that.
I still play Animal Crossing: City Folk all the time and have not had a single freeze issue. I use CFG Loader and 249d2x56. I've also used 248d2x38 when I needed the keyboard working, so you might try using d2x with 38 as a base instead of Hermes' cIOS222. If your problem persists, you might want to get your backup from another source or try re-dumping it.

On a related note, does anyone know how to turn off Auto cIOS Selection? I've already played around with the config file, but to no avail. I assume it's some simple solution that I've overlooked. I would like it to load 249d2x56 by default for the faster loading speeds (as opposed to some games loading 248d2x38 by default). I'd rather not go through the settings of all my games and manually set them to 249d2x56 or 250d2x57. For my needs, it would be much easier just to manually set games that need IOS57 manually (since I play none of those).

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I (and millions of people) said this before, but: How the hell do I get Kirby's Return to Dreamland to work? Every other game works perfectly, except this one.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I (and millions of people) said this before, but: How the hell do I get Kirby's Return to Dreamland to work? Every other game works perfectly, except this one.
Make sure you're using the latest version of CFG Loader and that you're running the game with 249d2x56.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DonnyKD: Best way to test is using another loader...if the game does not work with other loaders, try reinstalling D2X...if that does not work then i am afraid your game on USB is corrupted.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That game has metafortress protection, so you have to disable all the patches from the loader. If it doesnt work, try a different loader.
Alternatively, crediar released a patch for that game in order to disable its metafortress protection. Just google around.

Skyground95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That game has metafortress protection, so you have to disable all the patches from the loader. If it doesnt work, try a different loader.
Alternatively, crediar released a patch for that game in order to disable its metafortress protection. Just google around.
Wasn't that a "gameconfig.txt"? How do we use these kind of patches in CFG? Also, is there any other game than Kirby's Return to Dreamland that use this kind of protection?

EDIT: Here's Crediars post about the MetaFortress protection: http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,8964.msg75824.html#msg75824

highsteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys,

There is some weird issue with CFG 70 r22 (the modded one). When I try to dump my copy of Mario Party 9 in the HD it doesn't work... it says the DISC is not a WII DISC.

So for the heck of it I downgraded CFG to the CFG 70 original release (non-modded) and it WORKED!

I don't know where to report this bug so I will report it here. It seems that CFG 70 r22 doesn't like the Mario Party 9 disc but that the original v70 likes it.

Hope this will help anybody else having issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious