Hacking Configurable USB Loader

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
In a hard disk with two partitions: NTFS and WBFS the first partition must have WBFS format or can it have the NTFS fromat?

Thanks

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
woodoste said:
Hi.
Is there a way to disable/remove the BCA dump and the download cover options from the installation screen (the one pressing +)?
Why exactly would you need to?

I guess you could remap button_other to some other button you normally won't push (e.g., "button_other = C"). That would also remap the other functions it affects, but all the other uses of it I can think of have other workarounds or aren't that important (global options can be reached via the main menu and meta.xml downloding can be blocked with read-only permissions.

QUOTE(jesquinas @ Apr 28 2010, 09:51 PM) In a hard disk with two partitions: NTFS and WBFS the first partition must have WBFS format or can it have the NTFS fromat?

Thanks
It shouldn't matter.

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xander150 said:
jesquinas said:
When yo say "NTFS (read)" it means that its not possible copy DVDs games with the CFG USB loader,isn¡it?
It says that you can only read from NTFS with the loader and not write/copy games to the drive. Right.

I think we are able to rip the game to wbfs in ntfs drive. I have already done that. Work flawlessly.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
icyrainz said:
xander150 said:
jesquinas said:
When yo say "NTFS (read)" it means that its not possible copy DVDs games with the CFG USB loader,isn¡it?
It says that you can only read from NTFS with the loader and not write/copy games to the drive. Right.

I think we are able to rip the game to wbfs in ntfs drive. I have already done that. Work flawlessly.

You ripped through CFG Loader? Are you sure?

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
icyrainz said:
No you didn't
wink.gif
Maybe it was a FAT drive or you used USBLoader GX which had a buggy NTFS install for some time (maybe it still has).

QUOTE(wiixale @ Apr 28 2010, 07:16 PM) You ripped through CFG Loader? Are you sure?
No he didn't.

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xander150 said:
icyrainz said:
No you didn't
wink.gif
Maybe it was a FAT drive or you used USBLoader GX which had a buggy NTFS install for some time (maybe it still has).

QUOTE(wiixale @ Apr 28 2010, 07:16 PM) You ripped through CFG Loader? Are you sure?
No he didn't.

I remembered then. I used USB Loader GX. But it worked perfectly, why is it buggy ?

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it has come to my attention that people want to be able to download themes through the software like GX does. I am open to allow for this and provide the makers an XML feed from http://wii.spiffy360.com for their software to use so if there is anyone that has not added their theme yet on the site, please head over there, sign up and add your theme. Of course the developers still have to OK it and code it out, but at least your themes will be there and ready for others to grab.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm trying to create different profiles to easily switch between the different types of games I have.

After a bit of trial and error, I kinda managed it. I put each game in a profile (some in more than one) and assigned a button to switch between themes ("button_+ = profile"). To make sure only the games of the profile were shown, I used the option "start_favorites = 1".

It turned out quite nice. The only thing bugging me is that it displays a star on each game. Obviously because it's marked as a favorite (duh...it only shows favorites)...but I can't turn it off. According to GAF's guide, I should add the option "console_mark_favorite = 0".

However, that doesn't do anything (neither turning it at 1...it still displays stars). I checked config.txt, settings.cfg and even the theme's theme.txt. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?
unsure.gif

Oh, and a question of interest: is it possible to assign different themes or GUI_styles to different profiles?
(I tried adding the lines in settings.cfg, but it seems like it only uses the last line as a global theme or gui style...assigning the same key to both "theme" and "profile" also doesn't work)

leon44

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to compile myself this great loader, but I'm going mad. I mean, if you simply download last DevkitPro, last revision of CFG code does not compile with the libraries downloaded by devkit. So, i ask you if you can tell me the exact version of LIBOGC (libfat or others are wellcomed too) used in this loader revision. The compiling problem i have, basically is the renamed struct Vector to guVector. But, among this, im sure other things come along if i don't use the proper libraries.

I've almost read the entire post, and i didn't find the key versions for all modules. Please, can anyone guide me in the correct way? All I want to do, is to change a few base configs, according to my needs, in order to work without a SD card in the Wii.

What are the specs for?
- libogc 1.8.x?? 1.7.?? or what
- libfat 1.0.??; zlib x.x?? embedded or not? Thanks in advance...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Wever said:
It turned out quite nice. The only thing bugging me is that it displays a star on each game. Obviously because it's marked as a favorite (duh...it only shows favorites)...but I can't turn it off. According to GAF's guide, I should add the option "console_mark_favorite = 0".
copy resources/favorite0.png to /usb-loader/favorite.png or /usb-loader/themes/your_theme/favorite.png

Posts merged

QUOTE(leon44 @ Apr 29 2010, 01:14 PM) Hi, I'm trying to compile myself this great loader, but I'm going mad.
What are the specs for?
devkit 17
libogc 1.7.1

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
leon44 said:
I've almost read the entire post, and i didn't find the key versions for all modules. Please, can anyone guide me in the correct way? All I want to do, is to change a few base configs, according to my needs, in order to work without a SD card in the Wii.

You do know that it already can work without an SD card in the Wii, right? Or do you want it to work without a USB drive as well?

Oh, and the search in thread feature (keywords and magnifying glass at the bottom of the thread) is an invaluable tool worth your learning (you can be forgiven for not knowing it was there). It made it a snap to find my post detailing the compiling method I posted about 4 pages back...

leon44

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
leon44 said:
Hi, I'm trying to compile myself this great loader, but I'm going mad.
What are the specs for?
devkit 17
libogc 1.7.1
Thank you!! But, unfortunately, these versions are no longer exit on net... or I can't google on them.
EDIT:
devkitPPC r17 found!
searching for libogc 1.7.1 ...
EDIT 2 (to Dr. Clipper):
Take for sure that I try the find method. But maybe, not the right way, as you can see...
I know CFG Loader works without a SD card. I'm trying to work from a CFG Loader channel, without an SD card, and some different base configs, read from the USB HDD. Is it possible?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
leon44 said:
Take for sure that I try the find method. But maybe, not the right way, as you can see...
I know CFG Loader works without a SD card. I'm trying to work from a CFG Loader channel, without an SD card, and some different base configs, read from the USB HDD. Is it possible?
Yes it is possible. Put all the stuff on a FAT partition of the USB drive in the same location it would be on the SD. Install a forwarder and it should detect and load the boot.dol on the USB drive. As long as there is no config.txt located at sd:/usb-loader/config.txt (or there is no SD card), it will pick usb:/usb-loader as the base directory instead and that is where it will load config.txt from.

leon44

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
leon44 said:
Yes it is possible. Put all the stuff on a FAT partition of the USB drive in the same location it would be on the SD. Install a forwarder and it should detect and load the boot.dol on the USB drive. As long as there is no config.txt located at sd:/usb-loader/config.txt (or there is no SD card), it will pick usb:/usb-loader as the base directory instead and that is where it will load config.txt from.
Thank you!! It only works from a forwarder channel? The reason why I made up all of this, is because one day, I downloaded from the loader app some game front pics (with an SD card in the console, but from a non-forwarder channel) and, when I reentered the app from CFG channel ,w/o the SD card in, no pic are showed on the GUI. So, I thought, there was a conflict between SD card/USB HDD "usb-loader" directories, that both were used by the app at the same time.
So, I want that, with or without an SD card in the Wii, CFG Loader always use the "usb-loader" directory on the USB HDD (from a forwarder or non-forwarder channel).

nilats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost this is a great program and I love it...

That said I've been having some issues with things freezing reciently. Basicly I've been playing MHtri with no issues since this past weekend last few days I saw some interesting cheats I wanted to try out and thats where my problems start. Initially when trying to download .txt or save .gct the program shows "saving USB/etc ect /.txt(.gct)" it would just freeze there and I could not get the cheats to work. I upgraded and even deleted everything USB loader related off the HD and copied the files back over and was still stuck at this point.. I eventually got a work around by creating the .gct on my pc and putting it on my USB drive and that worked last night.

Now this morning I turn the system on havent even unplugged the USB drive and the loader now freezes at any step I attempt. I cannot download cover files, I cannot mess with cheats, I cannot load with cheats and worst of all I cannot even load game. every step it freezes.

bit of info on setup..

wii version is 4.2U
HD is a western digital "My Passport Essential SE" 1TB drive partitioned to FAT32 with only monster hunter tri installed
No SD card
and I'm loading everything through the HBC

Thanks for the help
-Nilats

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
oggzee said:
Wever said:
copy resources/favorite0.png to /usb-loader/favorite.png or /usb-loader/themes/your_theme/favorite.png
That did the trick. Thanks!
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
leon44 said:
Thank you!! It only works from a forwarder channel? The reason why I made up all of this, is because one day, I downloaded from the loader app some game front pics (with an SD card in the console, but from a non-forwarder channel) and, when I reentered the app from CFG channel ,w/o the SD card in, no pic are showed on the GUI. So, I thought, there was a conflict between SD card/USB HDD "usb-loader" directories, that both were used by the app at the same time.
So, I want that, with or without an SD card in the Wii, CFG Loader always use the "usb-loader" directory on the USB HDD (from a forwarder or non-forwarder channel).
It works from the HBC too, but if you have an SD card plugged in, you will need to push 1 and tell the HBC to load from USB instead. Just make sure you don't have a config.txt file in sd:/usb-loader and you do have one at usb:/usb-loader and it will always choose the hard drive one as the base directory.

QUOTE(nilats @ Apr 30 2010, 02:30 AM) First and foremost this is a great program and I love it...

That said I've been having some issues with things freezing reciently. Basicly I've been playing MHtri with no issues since this past weekend last few days I saw some interesting cheats I wanted to try out and thats where my problems start. Initially when trying to download .txt or save .gct the program shows "saving USB/etc ect /.txt(.gct)" it would just freeze there and I could not get the cheats to work. I upgraded and even deleted everything USB loader related off the HD and copied the files back over and was still stuck at this point.. I eventually got a work around by creating the .gct on my pc and putting it on my USB drive and that worked last night.

Now this morning I turn the system on havent even unplugged the USB drive and the loader now freezes at any step I attempt. I cannot download cover files, I cannot mess with cheats, I cannot load with cheats and worst of all I cannot even load game. every step it freezes.

bit of info on setup..

wii version is 4.2U
HD is a western digital "My Passport Essential SE" 1TB drive partitioned to FAT32 with only monster hunter tri installed
No SD card

Thanks for the help
-Nilats
Very strange. Try turning the drive off then on again or olugging and unplugging it. Also, make sure you don't have any directories write protected. If that has no effect, it seems you can read from the drive OK, so try adding "write_playstats = 0" to config.txt. I believe that's the only thing that is written by config if you aren't using cheats.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nilats said:
First and foremost this is a great program and I love it...

That said I've been having some issues with things freezing reciently. Basicly I've been playing MHtri
bit of info on setup..

wii version is 4.2U
No SD card

Thanks for the help
-Nilats

I can say your hard drive is perfectly compatible with the Wii, so it's not that (I use the same one). What cIOS are you using? Also, make sure the hard drive is plugged into the right USB port (when looking at it FROM the BACK of the Wii).......if you are looking at the ports from a different angle, it is the port closest to the edge that is closest to the ports.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...