OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bnm81002 said:
bnm81002 said:
bnm81002 said:
can there be a different forwarder channel for this loader? the Ultimate USB Loader uses the same forwarder and that is the one that loads up when I enter it and not this loader? thanks
is it possible please?
please?

I'm not the creator of the forwarder channel, so I can't help there, sorry.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
coreduo0099 said:
Sweet. I went back to the following test disk...

Test 1: 1Gb WD drive
Partition 1: 600GB WBFS
Partition 2: 1.9GB FAT32
Partition 3: 163GB NTFS
Partition 4: 165GB NTFS
does not recogonize FAT32

I marked Partition 2 as active and now USB loader recognizes the partition just fine.

Excellent!
Can you tell me what tool did you use to mark a partition active?
I haven't checked if that's possible to do with gparted.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
oggzee said:
coreduo0099 said:

I marked Partition 2 as active and now USB loader recognizes the partition just fine.

Excellent!

Huge Success!
biggrin.gif

I too made it to work with gparted!
The trick is to enable 'boot' flag on the fat32 partition, in other words making it active.
Here's a screenshot how to set the boot flag on fat32 partition in gparted:

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
I should have mentioned my fat32 partition was in second place... I thought I got it wrong and by "MBR mode" you meant "set to active" when it worked after I set it to active, that explains it... For Windows users too lazy to reboot the home version of "Easeus Partition Master 3.5" is free.
zorglub07 said:
I tried v31, loading config and covers from a FAT32 partition on the HD works great, fast scrolling, fast loading in the GUI.
I use one primary WBFS partition and one primary FAT32 partition (set to "active").

ulysse57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
In Windows, it is easy to do this in the control panel. You select administrative tools before computer management.

Then you select Disk Management and go on ...

Right click on a partition gives you access to active it ...

You have a good tutorial here : http://www.d-silence.com/feature.php?id=246

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Oggzze you have the very best gui at all... and the best configurable loader...

It is difficult to find something more to do...

Just a couple of more ideas:

1) the config file is very anonymous (config.txt) and could create conflicts with different apps willing to save their settings in a commonly named "config.txt" file.
It could be better to rename the config file in order to have it unique for your Loader (just like the config file of USB Loader GX which is named "GXGlobal.cfg").
For example something like "CFGconfig.txt" or "CFGloader.cfg" would be perfect. The same could be done also to the themes folder, renamed as "CFGthemes" folder.

2) it could be useful not to mix the specific CFG Loader files with the ones of other loaders.
In this light, it could be useful to move the common background images from the "sd:/usb-loader/" folder to the "sd:/usb-loader/CFGthemes/" folder. The rule should be changed as follows:
"Background images are searched first in the theme directory (sd:/usb-loader/themes/THEME_NAME/) and if not found they are searched in the base directory (sd:/usb-loader/CFGthemes/)."

At the end of all of this default reconfiguration, the "usb-loader" folfer of your distribution should just contain 4 stuff:
the two shared "covers" folder and "titles.txt" file, the two specific "CFGconfig.txt" file and "CFGthemes" folder.

No more way to confuse the CFG files with others of different loaders...

Thanks for your great job...

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
coreduo0099 said:

Excellent!

I unfortunately did it with partition manager, which then hid my other volumes. Then I fixed it using Acronis.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
@ zorglub07, ulysse57, coreduo0099:

Thanks for the hints and tools!

The reason I couldn't use windows partitioning is that I was making 2 partitions on a USB thumb drive, where windows allows only 1 partition to be present, that's why I was using gparted. The same is valid for SD cards, windows won't allow 2 partitions on those either... If I tried to do that with a regular external usb hdd then I guess it would have worked on windows too, but I only have 1 drive and didn't want to reformat it
tongue.gif
and reinstall all the games, but I'll have to someday...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cambric said:
At the end of all of this default reconfiguration, the "usb-loader" folfer of your distribution should just contain 4 stuff:
the two shared "covers" folder and "titles.txt" file, the two specific "CFGconfig.txt" file and "CFGthemes" folder.

In a way that's already possible, just move all the stuff in /usb-loader/* to /apps/USBLoader/ including the config, themes and everything and it's done.
wink.gif
Or you can use a different dir if you prefer like /apps/USBLoaderCFG/ if you want.

So I think it's not really necessary to rename the files.
I think if I start renaming files, it will just cause confusion.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
bnm81002 said:
bnm81002 said:
bnm81002 said:
can there be a different forwarder channel for this loader? the Ultimate USB Loader uses the same forwarder and that is the one that loads up when I enter it and not this loader? thanks
is it possible please?
please?

I'm not the creator of the forwarder channel, so I can't help there, sorry.

my apologies to you, I didn't see the 2 forward channels in blue and orange color, but they both still load the Ultimate USB Loader 7.4 and not the Configurable Loader, hope that a new forwarder channel will be made

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
cambric said:

In a way that's already possible, just move all the stuff in /usb-loader/* to /apps/USBLoader/ including the config, themes and everything and it's done.
wink.gif
Or you can use a different dir if you prefer like /apps/USBLoaderCFG/ if you want.

So I think it's not really necessary to rename the files.
I think if I start renaming files, it will just cause confusion.
Thanks Oggzee for your quick and kind answer.
Two more ideas for your global config file:

secondary_backgrounds_path = [sd:/usb-loader/]
titles_path = [sd:/usb-loader/]

the first one to look for the background images not found in the "sd:/usb-loader/themes/THEME/" folder, the second one to locate the titles.txt file...

Thanks for doing the best USB Loader.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cambric said:

the first one to look for the background images not found in the "sd:/usb-loader/themes/THEME/" folder, the second one to locate the titles.txt file...

The first thing is also already done, if a background image is not found in the theme dir, then it is searched in the config dir, be it /usb-loader or /apps/USBLoader/ if /usb-loader/config.txt does not exist.

While the titles.txt is searched in the same location as the config.txt, true, it's not possible to change that at the moment, and I'm not even sure if that's really all that necessary
wink.gif

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
cambric said:

The first thing is also already done, if a background image is not found in the theme dir, then it is searched in the config dir, be it /usb-loader or /apps/USBLoader/ if /usb-loader/config.txt does not exist.

While the titles.txt is searched in the same location as the config.txt, true, it's not possible to change that at the moment, and I'm not even sure if that's really all that necessary
wink.gif

Thanks again Oggzee...

I know that the first thing is already done, but the use of path variables give more freedom levels to locate the directories somewhere else... this was the real idea...
The same was for the titles.txt file path, and the same could be for something like
themes_path = [sd:/usb-loader/themes/]
This last one is already done, but the path variable allows to locate the themes folder wherever you want...

These are ideas just to let your loader really the most configurable one...

Sorry if I bother you...

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love all the new features, especially z-flow.

Can you please make gui_text_color a theme config entry (not global), since theme backgrounds change color. Thanks.

Also please, please make the selected theme save as teh default inside the loader (1000th time I requested
wink.gif
)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
charroux said:
I love all the new features, especially z-flow.

Can you please make gui_text_color a theme config entry (not global), since theme backgrounds change color. Thanks.

Also please, please make the selected theme save as teh default inside the loader (1000th time I requested
wink.gif
)

Actually, gui_text_color is a theme option
wink.gif

I forgot to mention that in the readme, lol
biggrin.gif

Try it out. For example the Wolf_3D theme uses gui_text_color = white

As for saving the selected theme, yes I'll do that in one of the next versions...

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@oggzee:

with the new cIOS rev 13 by Waninkoko many games throws the 002 error on startup. Fix this by adding the following code to apploader.c:

Code:
 /* Set entry point from apploader */
ÂÂÂÂ*entry = appldr_final();
ÂÂÂÂif (CFG.ios_yal) printf("\n\n");
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ// Remove 002 by WiiPower
ÂÂÂÂ*(u32 *)0x80003140 = *(u32 *)0x80003188;
ÂÂÂÂDCFlushRange((void*)0x80000000, 0x3f00);
Thanks to Wiipower for the fix!

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
@oggzee:

About the per game save function, once the game state is saved, the items in option menu is locked until the save is discarded. Would you please modify it so that the option can still be changed even the state is saved ? This is because sometimes we just want to change the state once (in a while). For example, we want to turn on Ocarina only for this time, without changing our saved state. The effect is just what have been done in Ultimate loader.

Many many many thanks indeed !

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
cios13 just installed and now the wiimote wont even turn on to navigate the loader...

Hmm, I have tried it now and works fine for me.
Anyone else with this issue?
Is the problem repeatable?
Does it work with some other loader?

I did however found a different problem with cios 249 rev13:

If you start a game and then go back to system menu via the home button and try to start some other game with the usb loader it will hang, I have tried this also with the original waninkoko usb loader and has the same issue. The wii console has to be powered off and turned on again to be able to run a different game. So it seems to me a problem with cios 249 rev13, or maybe there is some other new fix required for this to work properly...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol