Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Red Steel 2 - the real deal on getting it to work

U have to first launch the game using the alt-dol method to watch the motion sensor plus video (same fix as wii sports resort). However, when I played the game I did not have to watch this video because I had already watched it for wii sports resort (ie. u only have to watch the video once and it doesn't matter which game u use to watch the video)

If you've never played wii sports resort on your wii, u must launch RS2 from an alt-dol and watch the motion sensor plus video. Afterwards, change the alt-dol settings back to default/disabled and u will be able to play.

edit: I assume the opposite is also true (ie. if you've played RS2 on your wii, you shouldn't have to use the alt dol method when first playing wii sports resort because u've already watched the video)

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have play Wii sports many times from Hdd and dvd but some times need to see the video again I don't know why.
try this and see the video but have try again to loadit will try

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
wulfie said:
okay, I hate to sound like a n00b, but what exactly is needed to get Sam & Max runnning on CFG? I've already updated to the latest build of CFG, but I don't get the other part about needing a file from Neogamma. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
biggrin.gif
You get the R3X.wdm file from the zip. You can also just copy the stuff from the following box into your own file:

#Number of menu items
#Number of sub entries
#Text to display
Main Menu
#Dolname
main
#Parameter
#Number of sub entries
Episode 1
main
Episode 2
main
0x21
Episode 3
main
Episode 4
main
Episode 5
main
Episode 6
main
Tutorial
main

Put the R3X.wdm file into Cfg's base directory and go to the alt dol selection. You'll notice there's a new menu with options for all the separate episodes.

Thank you for the help with this, I now have Season 1 working from the HDD. It can now play from USB Config and Neogamma RC5. I didn't edit the config file since I was able to get it to load with the .wdm files from Neogamma. Season 2 still will not load. Any suggestions for that one? A

An extra note, to get Neogamma to finally load this (getting around the problem I mention earlier that seemed odd), I had to rename the R3M.wdm and R3X.wdm files. After the "R" in each of those, I had to add a "C", making them RC3M.wdm and RC3X.wdm. These RC titled files wouldn't work in UB Config but the originals without the "C" did work.

*EDIT*

I just noticed that someone has posted on page 631 of the USB config thread (and above in this thread) some wdm file text for Season 2. I am guessing those will get USB Config to load the episodes. For Neogamma, I am guessing you probably have to add the "C" in those too.

Just tried this with Season 2, using the wdm text xflak40 posted. On Neogamma, this time I had to put R3Y.WDM to even show a list. Both USB Config and Neogamma hang after I select to play the episode from the Disc+ selection. USB Config hangs on a solid black screen and Neogamma hangs on the "starting game..." screen. Could this have to do with the fact I didn't have a saved game for part 2? Also I just copied the text to a notepad and then renamed .txt to .wdm if that is has something to do with this. Last when I tried this game on Neogamma, I didn't have a save game. Today I did because the last thing I did last night was play it off a disc and saved the game when done. This morning I did rename those files for Neogamma but I also had a save game too.

I even tried taking the wdm file for Season 1 and renaming it. I get the same problem with the loading screen freezing after selecting an episode and the loader trying to load it.

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RODIFIRE said:
I have play Wii sports many times from Hdd and dvd but some times need to see the video again I don't know why.
try this and see the video but have try again to loadit will try

Are you on firmware 4.0?
Because it had a bug, that after you installed some vc or wiiware stuff, it forget that you already watched the video and you had to watch it again.
Thats why firmware 4.1 came out, only to fix that bug.

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sam & Max Season 1 and 2 are both working now. Aside from using the right wdm files, the udate on CFG to 56b2 seemed to get Season 2 working. Season 2 on disc will not work but I don't mind since I have no interest to play it from disc. The problem with the disc loading is that when you try to load an episode an from the game menu, you get the blue error #002 screen.

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
so, I have a Fat32 drive, with which I used hermes's v4 ios to load pretty much everything, I followed the tutorial to get wanin's 249 (base 57) and 250 (base 38) and hermes' 202(60),222(38) & 224(57) v5, I kept 223 (37+38) v4, what's the best setup I can have with CFG loader? What's best for loading from a Fat drive, 249 or 222? If i'm gonna use the normal .dol, should I change any lines in the config.txt?

On another note, when I change the ios selection in the per game options of Super Smash Bros Brawl to use 249, it gives a warning that i'm using v14 which has a DL bug. Everywhere else it says I'm using v19

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
simonarturo said:
so, I have a Fat32 drive, with which I used hermes's v4 ios to load pretty much everything, I followed the tutorial to get wanin's 249 (base 57) and 250 (base 38) and hermes' 202(60),222(38) & 224(57) v5, I kept 223 (37+38) v4, what's the best setup I can have with CFG loader? What's best for loading from a Fat drive, 249 or 222? If i'm gonna use the normal .dol, should I change any lines in the config.txt?
There is no answer to this question. Some drives will work better with 249, others with 222. Experiment and find out which is best for you.

QUOTEOn another note, when I change the ios selection in the per game options of Super Smash Bros Brawl to use 249, it gives a warning that i'm using v14 which has a DL bug. Everywhere else it says I'm using v19
It seems that the warning is printed at some times when it is not needed. That should get fixed in the next release.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have missed a post where someone mentioned this. The USB Loader doesn't display how many games we have installed.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DGenerateKane said:
Add hide_hddinfo = 0 to your config file to restore it.
While this will work, I actually suggest adding it to one of your themes instead (via theme.txt) if your drive is formatted as FAT32. FAT drives take a while to calculate free space, and you don't want it happening every time. If you put it in a theme, then you only need to switch to that theme to see the hddinfo and you won't need to experience the delay every time you use Cfg.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think in the main menu below everything you should have profiles so you can easily switch by title. Profiles should be rethought to only show certain games by default.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
DGenerateKane said:
Add hide_hddinfo = 0 to your config file to restore it.
While this will work, I actually suggest adding it to one of your themes instead (via theme.txt) if your drive is formatted as FAT32. FAT drives take a while to calculate free space, and you don't want it happening every time. If you put it in a theme, then you only need to switch to that theme to see the hddinfo and you won't need to experience the delay every time you use Cfg.
If Configurable USB Loader does count the number of games on the hard drive each time it loads then it needs to be re-done.

How about each time a game is added CFG edits the config.txt or settings.cfg file and adds 1 to the game count. When a game is removed it decreases the game count by one.
When CFG loads up it looks for, say "gamecount = 45". This would be much more efficient then counting the games on HDD device on start-up.

Maybe there can be an option in the Global Options where a person can choose "Count Games Currently on Hard Drive". This can be used if you use a WBFS Manager to transfer games to your hard drive.
After it has counted the games it updates "gamecount" to the current number of games installed.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
harmor said:
If Configurable USB Loader does count the number of games on the hard drive each time it loads then it needs to be re-done.

How about each time a game is added CFG edits the config.txt or settings.cfg file and adds 1 to the game count. When a game is removed it decreases the game count by one.
When CFG loads up it looks for, say "gamecount = 45". This would be much more efficient then counting the games on HDD device on start-up.

Maybe there can be an option in the Global Options where a person can choose "Count Games Currently on Hard Drive". This can be used if you use a WBFS Manager to transfer games to your hard drive.
After it has counted the games it updates "gamecount" to the current number of games installed.
Counting the games is fine and easy and takes no time at all. It's just that the place where it shows the game count is also the place where it shows free space. That most definitely needs to be recalculated each time you start Cfg, if it is going to be displayed.

XGekoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
chaseincats said:
Dr. Clipper said:
XGekoX said:
Scuse me,but what i can map the config.txt for play whit my VC Game?
You need to get the channel IDs, and then you can map buttons to launch that channel. E.g., to map the 2 button to play StarTropics II (PAL), which has the channel ID "FERM", you can add "button_2=FERM" to config.txt and button_2 will then launch the StarTropics II game. To get the Channel IDs of your other games/channels, use AnyTitle Deleter Mod or any of the title lister apps (there's a list online somewhere too).

QUOTE(chaseincats @ Mar 9 2010, 04:58 AM) what does this mean?
It means:[*]You are not using the latest version of Cfg[*]You are not using the -fat version of the version fo Cfg you are using[*]Your IOS222 is likely a stub or not installed properly[*]If you had read the first post like both oggzee and I tried to get you to do before the answer was just given to you (@wulfie:this is why we don't just give that answer), you probably could have discovered all this for yourself.So here's some ways to fix it:[*]Install rev 19 of IOS249 and 55b3 of Cfg[*]Install v4 of IOS222/223 and 55b3-222 of Cfg (or 54-fat)For the second option, you may have to use AnyTitle Deleter to get rid of your existing 222 and 223 first.

did that and still hangs on:
"IOS (222) mload [fat]"

Thak'S,work great!!

I take this opportunity to make two proposals:

1-For you it's possible add any menù (app,game homebrew,ecc..)like in old Xbox for don't
use the system menù (thank's to priiloader)

2-For you it's possible integrate Triiforce MRC in CFG loader for lanch the channels from emulated nand whit Usb-loader icons (like ISO).

Sorry for my english

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
'ello.

Is it normal that, when playing .wbfs partitioned games from an NTSC drive, FMVs show little stutterings every 5-10 seconds?

Is it a known problem? This happens to me in every game since I started using an NTFS drive.
I have since tried it on an entirely different console and the problem remains; so it is either inherent to the process, or a problem with my USB HDD. I cannot reformat it or plug in an external power source to test.

Everything else works fine.

wulfie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meowayne said:
'ello.

Is it normal that, when playing .wbfs partitioned games from an NTSC drive, FMVs show little stutterings every 5-10 seconds?

Is it a known problem? This happens to me in every game since I started using an NTFS drive.
I have since tried it on an entirely different console and the problem remains; so it is either inherent to the process, or a problem with my USB HDD. I cannot reformat it or plug in an external power source to test.

Everything else works fine.

I can play .wbfs files off my NTFS partition just fine, no stutters or anything

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XGekoX said:
I take this opportunity to make two proposals:

1-For you it's possible add any menù (app,game homebrew,ecc..)like in old Xbox for don't
use the system menù (thank's to priiloader)

2-For you it's possible integrate Triiforce MRC in CFG loader for lanch the channels from emulated nand whit Usb-loader icons (like ISO).

Sorry for my english
I may misunderstand you, but if I read things correctly, both these things are already implemented.

1. I take it you use priiloader to boot (and return) to CFG instead of the original wii menu. Which causes the wii menu to be rather inaccessible (if you set your 'home' key to return to the wii menu, priiloader will redirect you to CFG instead).
This 'bug' is overcome in v55 by setting the home key (or any other key) to 'Pune'.
IMPORTANT NOTE: you will need a version of priiloader that is newer than 3.0b (which is currently the latest official release). If you scavenge through this thread, you'll find a link to a working version...or you can wait until Daco decides he tweaked priiloader sufficiently enough to release the next version.

2. ISO forwarders have always worked fine in CFG. If you install the ISO's from this thread (scroll down a bit 'till the second or third post), it will forward you to the proper wiiware game on the SD or USB.

matcon5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried to install Red Steel 2 and nearing the end of the installation it gave a bunch of...

WARNING: read (############) error (-2)

10 lines of that total. Then it says 99.17% of 2.97GB etc etc.
Using 56b2 on a 4.0U Wii with a Wiikey v1

Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

EDIT: After using the ALT dol method to watch that Motion Plus movie, the game boots and seems to play fine. Just worried that those errors might come back to haunt me.

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1