Hacking Configurable USB Loader

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
You mean you load the loader via the usb gecko AND you are actually able to use Wiird to hack games?

yes. when i use windows, my usb gecko driver is always set to the "super special" mode (allowing TCP). wiiload, sendelf, wiird, geckoDOTnet, geckotool.exe, usbDump, and all other apps ive tried work with the gecko driver in this mode. i think that since i first set it up, ive never had to switch the driver back to its "regular" mode.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about loading a .flv file or something similar to that? Would that be difficult to implement?

We then can work on converting all the banner animations to small video files and have them play when the iso is selected. Of course I know nothing about coding, so I could be speaking radically here.

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i upgraded from v53 to 54b4 fat and upgraded to 202 v5 and since then Brawl Freezes upon finishing a match. Has anyone else experienced anything close to this or this same incident

I did use Gecko Cheats once to unlock everything then i disabled it if that changes anything?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
This question might had been asked before but... with the latest beta v54b3 how do I get it to display JPN game names properly? All I see are square boxes or question marks.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
This question might had been asked before but... with the latest beta v54b3 how do I get it to display JPN game names properly? All I see are square boxes or question marks.
Add load_unifont=1 to config.txt and make sure you have unifont.dat from either the full version download, or you create one with the Configurator.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dr. Clipper said:
Bloodlust said:
Add load_unifont=1 to config.txt and make sure you have unifont.dat from either the full version download, or you create one with the Configurator.

Thanks!
yaywii.gif

Oops.. sorry where should I put the "unifont.dat" file?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry forgot something about Ocarina/Wiird:
The paused start option was broken in the release i used to implement the stuff, you need to change
*(u32*)0x80002798 = 1;
to:
*(u32*)0x80002774 = 1;

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@Wiipower: Thanks for the fix, but can I please ask another question?

Given SleepyPrince's troubles with wiird, should we somehow be making wiird a per-game option? Basically, does each game have at least one hook type that will allow wiird to work? If so, then it's probably OK for us to leave wiird as global as those that use it can save the hook type for each game so that it will work. If not (i.e., there is at least one game that you are aware of that just won't work in combination with wiird under any circumstances), then I guess we'd have to factor it into our per-game options.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:

Given SleepyPrince's troubles with wiird, should we somehow be making wiird a per-game option? Basically, does each game have at least one hook type that will allow wiird to work? If so, then it's probably OK for us to leave wiird as global as those that use it can save the hook type for each game so that it will work. If not (i.e., there is at least one game that you are aware of that just won't work in combination with wiird under any circumstances), then I guess we'd have to factor it into our per-game options.

Would it harm to have all options per game and global? I don't know if all games work with wiird, i think it's: if the hooktype is good, then ocarina and wiird will work. I don't know if there's a good hooktype for each game.

In general i think people should enable Ocarina per game only anyways, because some hooks can dramatically decrease the game's stability. And some games require another hook than others.

Hmm, how about using temporal settings? Or do you already do it? I think of the following: When i want to debug a game, i go to the game's options, select debug and run game with these settings BUT don't store the settings for the next time the game is started. To be able to do it this way would be the best solution in my eyes.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Dr. Clipper said:

Would it harm to have all options per game and global? I don't know if all games work with wiird, i think it's: if the hooktype is good, then ocarina and wiird will work. I don't know if there's a good hooktype for each game.

In general i think people should enable Ocarina per game only anyways, because some hooks can dramatically decrease the game's stability. And some games require another hook than others.

Hmm, how about using temporal settings? Or do you already do it? I think of the following: When i want to debug a game, i go to the game's options, select debug and run game with these settings BUT don't store the settings for the next time the game is started. To be able to do it this way would be the best solution in my eyes.

Yes, currently we do have separate hook types on a per-game basis and ocarina is on-off on a per-game basis. The temporal settings you describe are also in Cfg, you can choose to change the settings and run the game; or change the settings, save them, then run the game.

However, wiird is currently on a global setting only (which means changing config.txt). It could be made into a per-game option, but we would only do that if there was a game that becomes unplayable when wiird is turned on.

I guess for now, we'll leave it this way. However, if anyone using wiird finds a game that doesn't work under any hook type (but does work when wiird is switched off), please let us know.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh, i think you don't know that you can use less codes if the debugger is enabled. Maybe you should set this on the todo list to add to the per game options.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rumsey said:
OtakuGamerZ said:
With the Cfg loader in SNEEK I can get into the gamelist, but only with 249 rev18. others freeze and disconnect the drive(not the loaders fault) When trying to load a game on my WBFS drive I get "error: set WBFS: -128"

so 249 works in SNEEK but not the Cfg Loader

sd access isn't the reason sneek doesn't work, i compiled with sd access enabled and all the loaders load fine, the lose access to the usb drive when trying to boot a game.

I can confirm the above.

I tried using 54b3 in SNEEK with a FAT formatted USB device. The loader recognized the game but when I attempted to load it it switched to IOS222 for FAT support.

Would it be possible to include IOS249 FAT support if rev18 is detected? Or is there a way to disable:

"* Automatically switch to ios222 in case ios249 is used for starting games from fat"

if (!is_ios_idx_mload(CFG.game.ios_idx))
{
printf(gt("Switching to IOS222 for FAT support."));
printf("\n");
CFG.game.ios_idx = CFG_IOS_222_MLOAD;
cfg_ios_set_idx(CFG.game.ios_idx);
}

???

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into an interesting issue yesterday (using the latest version of the loader). I was experimenting with using IOS249 as rev17 and 250 as rev18 so older apps that default to 249 will be happy and I'll be able to load compatible games from IOS250 in the loader. But every time I try to load from IOS250 it ends up trying to boot IOS223-yal instead. On a possibly related note, I can't save the setting to launch 250 either, it'll default to ios249 next time I view the game's options.

Also, does anyone even use yal anymore? >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2