Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Sacohen9665 said:
I'm having problems copying my games from my WBFS partition on my 500GB Western Digital My Book drive (which has a drive letter of H) to the 500GB partition on my Hitachi drive (this has a drive letter of J)

I know a little about DOS and I followed Dr. Clippers tutorial (http://gwht.wikidot.com/wbfs-to-fat-transfer)

I launched a cmd prompt and tested it by typing wbfs_file h: ls and I saw the list of games on my WBFS partition on the WD My Book, when I type the command to copy them which I think should be (wbfs_file h: extract_all_wbfs j:) nothing happens. it just goes to a blank prompt which is C:\Users\Steve>

Thanks in advance for the help.
Use "wbfs_file h: extract_all_wbfs j:\wbfs"

Thanks. That did it.

You may want to correct your tutorial because it says Run "wbfs_file pname extract_wbfs_all destination" replacing pname and destination, of course.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
Thanks. That did it.

You may want to correct your tutorial because it says Run "wbfs_file pname extract_wbfs_all destination" replacing pname and destination, of course.
Yes, it does say that, which is the correct thing
tongue.gif

I changed it just after making my last post, and I guess you copied the new version without realising I'd fixed it already.

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again, great updates all around. I had a little fun extracting my games and reinstalling them, all new to me, but this is great. Works perfect.

inAcrysis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been asked this in another topic - Don't want to give wrong answer even though I presume it's "No"
Hermes is also best used in disk loaders too - yes? - It's needed to get instruments working etc in cfg loader but what about neogamma etc?

Question asked was:

Is the hermes ios only meant for USB loaders?

EnioMarcos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
laurozza said:
oggzee said:
And a special 222-fat version, which starts with ios=222-mload and partition=FAT1
by default, so that the IOS gets loaded only once in case that's your preferred setup:

http://sharebee.com/d9778a5f
SDUSB-Loader_cfg46b-222-fat.dol
Thanks for this, the load of FAT partition and games is very fast now!
smileipb2.png

What is the difference of this special version and the other?
I prefer IOS223 but, if there is a good speed improvement, I can use IOS222...
wink.gif

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive got 222/223mload not shure what version,but what all do i need to update to the newest without a internet connection (i know im not on the latest version of herme scios's i was a wan-man untill fat32 god i love this team)

to the team,
honestly this is the best loader ever and it keeps geting better and better. you all do such grate work on these release's realy gba needs to give out some type of award or something because you all have earned it realy.

edit
i have uloader3.0b(but no internetconnection)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
mousex said:
Is the source of the loader available? Didn't saw it in the archive nor a link, that's why I ask.
Are you asking because you're interested in adding fat32 support to some other loader?
If so, I will release the relevant fat32 sources after v46 is released, to give 46b a bit more testing time.

THE_DBX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
mousex said:
Is the source of the loader available? Didn't saw it in the archive nor a link, that's why I ask.
Are you asking because you're interested in adding fat32 support to some other loader?
If so, I will release the relevant fat32 sources after v46 is released, to give 46b a bit more testing time.

Yes... probably!....
I think your work is very interessing for all others Usb loader ! The problem with WBFS, if you have any problem with a HDD, it's not possible to restore easly with a restore prog. You lost all without return.
... and comparing to a WBFS partition, the speed acces is better ?

THE_DBX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a question about a multiple WBFS partition :
If it is, how the loader check this. You must select the partition during the beginning of the loader, or the loader display the files directly from the multiple partition ?

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
mousex said:
I guess it is too hard with my limited knowledge to add it to another loader. I just wanted to know how it exactly works, mess around with it, try to built a stripped down version which works for a game channel. So mostly just playing around
wink.gif

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hi oggzee, at the moment implement the splitted wbfs into my tool wwt. So I have some questions:

- Is the current format stable or are modifications planned? (perhaps moving the files into a sub directory)

- Is the description text file needed for anything or is it only informative?

Please send me the sources of the usb loader again (or commit them).

Greeting, Wiimm

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now it's

usb:/wfbs/GAMEID.wfbs

but it kinda looks jumbled up and messy after many split games are added so maybe changing to

usb:/wfbs/GAMEID/GAMEID.wfbs

so each game gets its own directory. Just makes things simpler when looking at them on a pc, and easier when moving games around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1