Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
orion2001 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
While we wait for Narolez to fix the link, you can use zektor's hybrid channel which is a hybrid full channel which also forwards if a forwarding location is found: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=2256508
Thanks a lot Dr. Clipper. It worked like a charm! Is there any reason I might want to switch back to Narolez's forwarder once it comes back up?

Well, it takes up less blocks if that is an issue for you. My channel hybrid also has v43 integrated which of course takes a *little* bit more Wii block memory...not much tho
smile.gif

@oggzee: Can you update the main page with the new hybrid channel when you get the chance? Thanks man!
Ah the author himself!
biggrin.gif
. I had a quick question for you. Does the channel take up the blocks for installing the USB loader to memory in any case or does it only do so if it does not find the SD card with the application? Also, if there isn't any SD card and it is loading it from wii memory, what happens if you try to download covers? (ie, where do they get stored? or will it not work?)
Thanks a ton!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
orion2001 said:
zektor said:
orion2001 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
While we wait for Narolez to fix the link, you can use zektor's hybrid channel which is a hybrid full channel which also forwards if a forwarding location is found: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=2256508
Thanks a lot Dr. Clipper. It worked like a charm! Is there any reason I might want to switch back to Narolez's forwarder once it comes back up?

Well, it takes up less blocks if that is an issue for you. My channel hybrid also has v43 integrated which of course takes a *little* bit more Wii block memory...not much tho
smile.gif

@oggzee: Can you update the main page with the new hybrid channel when you get the chance? Thanks man!
Ah the author himself!
biggrin.gif
. I had a quick question for you. Does the channel take up the blocks for installing the USB loader to memory in any case or does it only do so if it does not find the SD card with the application? Also, if there isn't any SD card and it is loading it from wii memory, what happens if you try to download covers? (ie, where do they get stored? or will it not work?)
Thanks a ton!

If you have nothing in (SD or FAT USB) and try to download covers....I don't know
smile.gif
I never tried it, but I am assuming the loader will error with something along the lines of nowhere to store them
smile.gif
The internal loader is for those pinch situations in which you don;t have the SD in (or USB device) and want to get a quick game on regardless. I can't remember offhand exactly how many blocks it takes up, but it is relatively small. It takes up these blocks in any case, because when you install my channel you are also installing the v43 boot.dol that is built into it. Hope that helps. Enjoy!

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:

Sorry for the broken Link, here is the link to the new NForwarder with USB retry: http://www.multiupload.com/RR2RJYP5YO
Preloader dol also included.

At the moment i implement passing ios argument to CFG. I'll release it in NForwarder and NForwarderHybrid (for Zektor).

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Narolez said:
Dr. Clipper said:

Sorry for the broken Link, here is the link to the new NForwarder with USB retry: http://www.multiupload.com/RR2RJYP5YO

At the moment i implement passing ios argument to CFG. I'll release it in NForwarder and NForwarderHybrid (for Zektor).
Narolez,

This works perfectly and allows me to run straight from Preloader - even when I first power-on with the wii with my slow-to-start hard drive. Thanks heaps.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ConJ said:
Hello guys, im new to using the Config loader. Ive noticed that when I download covers, it also downloads the disc art. How can I view this?
Set "cover_style=disc" in config.txt. You will then be able to see the disc art in the console and the non-coverflow GUI views.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
ConJ said:
Hello guys, im new to using the Config loader. Ive noticed that when I download covers, it also downloads the disc art. How can I view this?
Set "cover_style=disc" in config.txt. You will then be able to see the disc art in the console and the non-coverflow GUI views.

Will I still be able to see the front covers?

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys;

I've had a problem with games locking up during play since I went to v43.

When I say locking up, I mean that the game will be playing and all of a sudden it will stop, the audio, will loop and the wii will not respond to anything from the wiimote or any of the buttons on the Wii excpet a hard power cycle.

The games I've notice on have been one of the Rock Bands (either The Beatles, RB 1 or RB 2), Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings and one other that I can't recall right now.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Sacohen9665 said:
Hey guys;
The games I've notice on have been one of the Rock Bands (either The Beatles, RB 1 or RB 2), Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings and one other that I can't recall right now.
Thanks
And going back to v42 solves the issue?
Are you using ios 249 or 222/223? which revision?
Any other non-default options?

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Sacohen9665 said:
Hey guys;
Thanks
And going back to v42 solves the issue?
Are you using ios 249 or 222/223? which revision?
Any other non-default options?

I have not had time to try going back to v42, because my wife and nephew have been playing it constantly, but I know I didn't have this issue when I was using 43Beta or 42, but both of those were the 249 version.

I'm using the 222 version of 43.

No nothing else is non default. I mean a couple of games had to be forced to NTSC rather then console default.

I will try to go back to v42 sometime today, should I try the regular version of it or the 222 version?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
User423 said:
Narolez said:
Sorry for the broken Link, here is the link to the new NForwarder with USB retry:

Can I inject the Dol (Preloader?!) in my own Channel?
What App could I use?
Its not the dol of preloader
its a dol FOR preloader (you can install it to make it autoboot, so you go directly to the usb loader)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Sacohen9665 said:
I have not had time to try going back to v42, because my wife and nephew have been playing it constantly, but I know I didn't have this issue when I was using 43Beta or 42, but both of those were the 249 version.

I'm using the 222 version of 43.

No nothing else is non default. I mean a couple of games had to be forced to NTSC rather then console default.

I will try to go back to v42 sometime today, should I try the regular version of it or the 222 version?
Then i would guess it's a problem with ios 222 (or cfg loader support of ios 222).
Because there was no change between 43 beta and 43 release.
So I would suggest trying v 43 release ios 249 instead.
If it turns out this solves the problem, then it would be interesting to know if uloader works correctly or not, and which ios 222 revision you have, and which ios combination (36,37,...?)

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narolez said:
Dr. Clipper said:

Thank you so much again for all of the help and hard work you have put in to this. The Hybrid Channel is going to be *very* nice sometime soon
smile.gif

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

i have finished passing the ios argument to the loader, here is the latest source:

http://github.com/Narolez/NForwarderHybrid

Zektor will use it for his new hybrid channel release.
Then you are able to select the ios on channel startup by pressing the following buttons:

Press 1 or A : ios=222-mload
Press 2 or B: ios=223-mload
do nothing: ios=249

I'll implement it in my normal Forwarder (NForwarder) too ...

Narolez

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Narolez said:
Hi,

i have finished passing the ios argument to the loader, here is the latest source:

http://github.com/Narolez/NForwarderHybrid

Zektor will use it for his new hybrid channel release.
Then you are able to select the ios on channel startup by pressing the following buttons:

Press 1 or A : ios=222-mload
Press 2 or B: ios=223-mload
do nothing: ios=249

I'll implement it in my normal Forwarder (NForwarder) too ...

Narolez

Great ! Hope you can release the Nforwarder dol file also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fellas
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    would you rather have a 9-5 desk job with poor pay or work for an intergalactic space militia with no guarantee of being paid?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl