Hacking Configurable USB Loader

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I suggest some additions to this? Could we have the option to categorize the games? By like:

Genre
Company
Publisher
Date (of release? added?)
Times Played
Last played
Size

"Off-topic" but would a topic about additions to the loaders be useful, or would it be thought as a useless topic?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narolez said:
Hi,

i have finished passing the ios argument to the loader, here is the latest source:

http://github.com/Narolez/NForwarderHybrid

Zektor will use it for his new hybrid channel release.
Then you are able to select the ios on channel startup by pressing the following buttons:

Press 1 or A : ios=222-mload
Press 2 or B: ios=223-mload
do nothing: ios=249

I'll implement it in my normal Forwarder (NForwarder) too ...

Narolez

I built it earlier tonight and it works like a *dream*
smile.gif
Thank you again for all of your help...you are extremely knowledgeable
smile.gif
For everyone else, I'll get a new Hybrid Channel out to you guys on next release (there is still something that oggzee has to implement)

Till then, I have been looking for someone to design a really incredible looking animated banner and icon for the Hybrid Channel. While I am an artist in some respects, not so much when it comes to graphical design
smile.gif
Basically what I am looking for is a really knock your socks off design with the CFG switch logo and the button press instructions listed above in Narolez's post for easy reference before channel launch. The job doesn't pay much, just a credit to you in the hybrid readme
smile.gif
PM any submissions!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
milcoi said:
size animated banner?
size icon?
Should icon be inside animated banner?
extension .gif?

Oh gosh....I don't even remember the size dimensions offhand. You'd have to research channel creation. Ultimately it would be great to have a build wad that I can simply inject my dol into
smile.gif

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jabe said:
laurozza said:
Why not use TriiForce Forwarder ISO instead? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=180685

Because it's a forwarder… It would be better to browser Wiiware or Virtual Console games as normal games inside Configurable USB Loader with some custom cover, etc.

Triiforce is currently in early beta and does not work for everyone. For example, it will not work on any of my SD cards except for one very old 2GB Sandisk (cannot read directories). I don't believe this should be incorporated into CFG until it has matured a bit, or unless someone is willing to take a look at the source and at minimum repair this problem. If the option is there and users encounter errors, they will not look at it as a Triiforce issue but rather a CFG issue should it be integrated. See what I mean?

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
zektor said:
milcoi said:
size animated banner?
size icon?
Should icon be inside animated banner?
extension .gif?

Oh gosh....I don't even remember the size dimensions offhand. You'd have to research channel creation. Ultimately it would be great to have a build wad that I can simply inject my dol into
smile.gif

I'm using WADer v2.7
it can extract, view and replace banners and icons.
I have downloaded SDUSB-Loader_cfg40-Channel, there I can extract and replace the banner and icon.
Is that what you mean?

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
zektor said:
Triiforce is currently in early beta and does not work for everyone. For example, it will not work on any of my SD cards except for one very old 2GB Sandisk (cannot read directories). I don't believe this should be incorporated into CFG until it has matured a bit, or unless someone is willing to take a look at the source and at minimum repair this problem. If the option is there and users encounter errors, they will not look at it as a Triiforce issue but rather a CFG issue should it be integrated. See what I mean?

Yeah I understand, that's a good point.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v44a (alpha)

http://sharebee.com/8ffc5a05
(or online update)

Code:
 * Improved coverflow gui mode:
- better transitions between modes and console
- fluid movement of covers

* Latin unicode support for titles.txt (EN,ES,FR,DE,PT,IT)
ÂÂ (not supported: Japanese, Korean or Chinese)
ÂÂ New font name: font_uni.png (can be created with the Confugrator)
ÂÂ Localized titles.txt can be downloaded from:
ÂÂ http://wiitdb.com/titles.txt?LANG=FR

* parse cmd line for ios=... before ios reload
ÂÂ (used by forwarders)

* Changed message for device init error to:
ÂÂÂÂMake sure USB port 0 is used!
ÂÂÂÂ(The one nearest to the edge)

* Scale intro to fullscreen in 576i mode

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NICE! The covers certainly move much more fluidly...looks great. Nice to see the command line parsing in as well
wink.gif
Just trying to sort out the DSI bug with Narolez and we'll be ready to rock and roll with the new forwarder hybrid.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
v44 of the Configurator has been released, allowing you to create the new Unicode font files from your own installed fonts. The download and instructions can be found here.

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiFlow has option to have 3 rows in carousel mode:

wiiflow_gui.jpg

would be nice to have...
extra zoom on back with HQ covers should be added.. lol (Dr. Clipper told me)

Zabu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a new Kingston SDHC 4GB card and when I try to load through a forwarder I get a "SD storage could not be initialized" error and if I load through HBC it doesnt see any of my config files or images. I assume the loader isn't seeing the card for whatever reason. Bootmii and HBC have no issues with the card. Any ideas?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Zabu said:
Just got a new Kingston SDHC 4GB card and when I try to load through a forwarder I get a "SD storage could not be initialized" error and if I load through HBC it doesnt see any of my config files or images. I assume the loader isn't seeing the card for whatever reason. Bootmii and HBC have no issues with the card. Any ideas?

I would guess cios 249 does not support your particular sdhc card model.
You can try several things...:
- make a fat partition on usb hdd, move all the stuff over there and forget about the sd card.
- use ios 222, it might have better sdhc support (or worse, i don't know). to do that, either use the cfgloader 43-222 special version, or run it through wiiload and add ios=222-mload parameter. this could help you establish if ios249 is the problem.
- different cios 249 revisions (which one do you have?)
good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk