Hacking Conection between GBA and Wii (Cable Link)

Guin Mazoti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is the first time I post here, and i don't know if this is the right place to take my doubt (sorry if it doesn't), it's kind of complicated (I think only for those who do not understand it)

I searched on Google and all over the place, including here, but not found. Anyway ...

I have Nintendo Wii, i use the Wiiflow on Homebrew Channel to play ISO of Pokemon XD and Colosseum (I have the originals, but doesn't run at all on my Wii), have a Game Boy Advance, Pokemon cartridges, and a Game Cube Cable Link.

I tried, tried and tried a thousand times to make connections between GBA and Wii to transfer my Pokemons from Emerald,Ruby, Leaf Green, FireRed, and Sapphire, to XD and Colosseum, but got no success, and I know that the GBA connects to the Wii, so here's my doubt.

I can only make a connection between those two using a original Game Cube game?
I think the error may be that the emulator does not support the link cable and need a plugin, IOS or something, which as far as I know, does not exist.
I make connection between my DS and a pirate game WII (first game I got when I bought my Wii), that contrary to what they say, it's possible to make a connection too.

Can anyone help me?

Guys, I do not support piracy, my games are original and the only thing I had to do was use Wiiflow to install the originals games because they don't run on my Wii, something that i can't understand why :(

Sorry for the huge doubt, but i don't know where to turn.
thanks! : D

Guin Mazoti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GBA connectivity works perfectly fine on original discs, but I have no idea whether it does on DIOS MIOS or Devolution...

I'm so sad about this :(, i spent a lot of money on everything, and if i don't find a answer to my problem, I'll have to buy a gamecube, after buying GBA cartridges, games, cable and everything

Pleaseeeee help! :cry:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I said, it works perfectly fine on the Wii. Wait for other Dios Mios users for support - that's the only thing that's a factor here. After all, this *is* a hack.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
The connection works fine with Sonic games, at the very least (using SADX and SA2B with DIOS-MIOS). Right now, I can't test the Pokémon transfers, since I don't actually own any GBA/GC Pokémon title, but I hope this helps to confirm the fact that the GBA connectivity DOES work with alternative game loading methods.

The Link Cable I'm using is not the official one, btw.

Reactions: Guin Mazoti

Guin Mazoti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The connection works fine with Sonic games, at the very least (using SADX and SA2B with DIOS-MIOS). Right now, I can't test the Pokémon transfers, since I don't actually own any GBA/GC Pokémon title, but I hope this helps to confirm the fact that the GBA connectivity DOES work with alternative game loading methods.

The Link Cable I'm using is not the official one, btw.

Ah! Thanks dude! All i needed to know!
I bought 5 Pokemon cartridges on Mercado Livre (like Ebay in Brazil), but 1 is fake, but I didn't know, and it was the first that I bought, and was the only one I finished and tried to connect with, and it didn't work. I think that's why it makes no connection, then.

I'll try with an original now, and of course, complain to the seller!

thanks a lot!

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Maybe you should give it a go with Dolphin and a backup of the save from your fake cartridge (which should be valid, in any case). This is, assuming your PC is powerful enough to emulate GC games at a playable speed.

IIRC, there was an option in the emulator that allowed the use of the GBA connectivity features with any game. You can then transfer your Pokémon data to your GC save (which you can dump from your Memory Card using the latest version of GCMM).

After that, you should be able to restore the modified GC save to your Memory Card, and voilá, new Pokémon data on your Wii.

If you have a DS, you can dump the GBA savegame with the GBA Backup Tool from Rudolph. Best of luck.

P.S.: Yeah, I also know Mercado Libre (spelled with a "b" in Spanish). That service is available in Venezuela, too.

Reactions: Guin Mazoti

Guin Mazoti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe you should give it a go with Dolphin and a backup of the save from your fake cartridge (which should be valid, in any case). This is, assuming your PC is powerful enough to emulate GC games at a playable speed.

IIRC, there was an option in the emulator that allowed the use of the GBA connectivity features with any game. You can then transfer your Pokémon data to your GC save (which you can dump from your Memory Card using the latest version of GCMM).

After that, you should be able to restore the modified GC save to your Memory Card, and voilá, new Pokémon data on your Wii.

If you have a DS, you can dump the GBA savegame with the GBA Backup Tool from Rudolph. Best of luck.

P.S.: Yeah, I also know Mercado Libre (spelled with a "b" in Spanish). That service is available in Venezuela, too.

I absolutely know nothing how to do this hahahaha, but i'll give it a shot!
Download GCMM, install on Wii, then i backup the Colosseum save on a SD card, transfer to my pc, and use with an iso on Dolphin, right? Than i backup the save from my DS Lite (wich i can play GBA games) with GBA Backup Tool, transfer to a SD too, then to my PC e insert on Dolphin. (OMG that's right? hahah)

I'm sorry, i'm trying to learn :~~

And oh yeah, i forgot that there's a ML on other countries of South America LOL:moogle:

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I absolutely know nothing how to do this hahahaha, but i'll give it a shot!
Download GCMM, install on Wii, then i backup the Colosseum save on a SD card, transfer to my pc, and use with an iso on Dolphin, right? Than i backup the save from my DS Lite (wich i can play GBA games) with GBA Backup Tool, transfer to a SD too, then to my PC e insert on Dolphin. (OMG that's right? hahah)

I'm sorry, i'm trying to learn :~~

And oh yeah, i forgot that there's a ML on other countries of South America LOL:moogle:

Yeah, that's pretty much it. If you don't have the Colosseum game image (ISO), you can dump your own retail disc on your Wii with CleanRip and an USB drive (for better transfer speeds).

As for the GBA ROM, well, you can obviously dump it from your fake cartridge using the GBA Backup Tool (or get it elsewhere if you think its data is somehow modified/damaged, but avoid asking for it in this forum).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up