Gaming Computer help plz!

ichigo Kurusaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, today i just bought a hp pavilion P6153F.

when i brought it home on the box it said the graphic card for the computer is integrated.
so i went to futureshop.com and looked up my computer it said nothing about the computer being integrated.
Could somone please help me figure out if it is integrated? im planning on changing the graphic card once it gets old so if its integrated i cant.

Thankx for the help!

computer link : http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...8419&catid=

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Open it up and find out, but I'd be surprised if it didn't have a PCI-E x16.

Edit: Oh and good luck finding a motherboard that doesn't have an integrated graphics chipset, most do these days, this DOESN'T mean that you can't put your own card in though, unless the motherboard is a really piece of shit custom job and doesn't have any slots.

D

Deleted_171835

Well than that's good for him. Purchase a dedicated graphics card for gaming. Integrated cards are terrible for gaming related thing. If you're not gaming.....and just browsing the web casually then a integrated is okay.

D

Deleted_171835

ichigo Kurusaki said:
So basically if i wanted to change or add a graphic card i could to this computer?

Yep. As long as it is a PCI Express x16 card. ATI has some pretty good graphic cards.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"basically" as in you're going to need to change the powersupply most likely prior to adding anything that needs an external power source such as all the high end cards.

BadDuel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We carried that model at Best Buy I know for a fact is integrated memory share chipset. You can simply disable it and install a new one along with correct drivers and your golden.

BadDuel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
"basically" as in you're going to need to change the powersupply most likely prior to adding anything that needs an external power source such as all the high end cards.

Yes thats something you are highly recommended to do. 450-500 watts should be plenty and one with cable management would make it easy for you.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
edge199715 said:
Laptop's are not meant for gaming.
For gaming I would prefer a mac.
epic fail man, epic fail.

1. it's a desktop, not a laptop
2. laptops not for gaming? myth. how do i know? i use my laptop for gaming. i can run crysis on medium, not too shabby.
3. mac for gaming?....

no comment

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edge199715 said:

Ecept for Alienware.. They make some hellacious laptops that are fully capable of this-gen games.

ROFL @ Macs as game platforms... Hope that was meant as a joke since there are hardly any titles for Mac...

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
edge199715 said:
blink.gif
...you are a very misguided individual. do research and googling before commenting dude.
smile.gif

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well Mac do certainly have the grunt to do it and i guess you could run the Windows mode and yea then i guess a Mac would be great for gaming

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
edge199715 said:
epic fail man, epic fail.

1. it's a desktop, not a laptop
2. laptops not for gaming? myth. how do i know? i use my laptop for gaming. i can run crysis on medium, not too shabby.
3. mac for gaming?....

no comment
this
grog.gif

zkamuiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For future notes, don't ever purchase a pre-built computer if you are planning to play games with it, instead select parts, and build it yourself. All you need to do is follow instructions, if you can put together lego you can build a computer.

Macs are terrible for gaming, their computers are in one screen which makes it hard to upgrade, (if able at all) and their computers are always overpriced.

Whether or not laptops are for gaming is based on opinions, I don't believe laptops are meant for gaming because if you purchase a gaming laptop, for the same price, a desktop built from scratch will always be superior in gaming. However although I believe they're not for gaming, it doesn't mean they can't be used for gaming.

mattsaysfooey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yup the mobo on my personal home new barebones kit was nvidia 7200ish on board.
Dropped in a 9500 GT with 1 GB on board over wrote the settings for on board and installed the drivers no problem.
PCI-E ftw!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^you wasted money paying for 1GB on that card
its too weak to put that memory to use in high res games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha