Computer crashes!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by _ORiON_, Jan 5, 2008.

Jan 5, 2008

Computer crashes!!! by _ORiON_ at 5:52 AM (950 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. _ORiON_
    OP

Member _ORiON_ GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Here's what I observe:

It only crashes when I have installed an Nvidia driver on it (my graphic card's FX 5500). Even installing the latest driver makes no difference. Right now, it doesnt crash since I'm using my boards integrated graphics.

Before my pc shows me the blue screen of death saying something about nv4_disp.dll in an infinite loop. But now it just simply hangs with no further sign of life.

Lastly, can anyone recommend me where else I can ask this same question? Nvidia forums are too damn slow to answer and I cant think of any active tech forums that has lots of users.

I cant stand using integrated graphics, it means no games like Warcraft III and WoW for me! Help! [​IMG]

2. Commander

Member Commander GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    There are lots of active tech forms Bit-Tech and 3DGM to name just two.

If it BSoD's again write down what is says it will make it alot easier for someone to help you.
    Windows general BSoD's due to hardware failure so I am guessing your GPU has failed.

~ Commander

3. R-Unit 4

Member R-Unit 4 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Ermmm....get a new card?

4. mfpants50

Banned mfpants50 Banned

United States
    Try using different drivers? The newest aren't always the best for older cards.

5. Kiljaeden

Member Kiljaeden GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Agreed with the previous poster. The newest drivers released, are generally supporting the newest graphics card. Since your graphics card is quite old, you would be best, trying an older drivers set. Some people said the 66.93 set were good for FX5500.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_66.93.html

6. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

Or take the advice I gave you in the other thread and install the omega drivers which do a lot for you (I don't recall having to choose which card I had, it found it out on it's own)