THE *Original* 1 Man Army
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The title says it all. When I play Wii U through HDMI it works fine. Perfect Picture. But when I plug in my Component Video cable to record gameplay I get a double image. It isn't my PVR or my cable (the image is clear from Wii and from PS3). Any ideas as to why I am getting this double image? It only happens when I'm using the component video source for WiiU.

edit: To clarify I see one nice image and I can see a faint image offset by like an inch to the right.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i got that also. i think it might be interference. it's not the wii u, you don't see it on the wii because it doesn't happen at lower resolutions. if you lower your wii u resolution to 480p it will look fine.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you set your Crossbar settings on your Recording device to SerialDigital (or something like that) I have to do this every time I go from 480i to 480p

10_0ARMY

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i got that also. i think it might be interference. it's not the wii u, you don't see it on the wii because it doesn't happen at lower resolutions. if you lower your wii u resolution to 480p it will look fine.

What could be causing that interference? Like other devices near it?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it could be the Wii Component Cables. the component cables were designed around the Wii having a max output of 480p and were not tested beyond that. get a high quality component cable for the Wii and it *should* fix it. DO NOT get a gamestop brand. their cables are MadKatz and suck. their multi component cable could not do more then 720p on a 360. 1080i and 1080p had heavy ghosting. which is the double imaging your referring to.

Get a Monster Component Cable for Wii. http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Monster-G..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1355822492&sr=1-1

Monster states its rated for 720p and 1080i (not sure about 1080p but should be fine)

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you using an official Nintendo branded Wii component cable? That one works fine on my Wii U at both 720p and 1080i. Haven't tried 1080p yet, as my PVR only supports up to 1080i, and I prefer HDMI when not recording.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it could be the Wii Component Cables. the component cables were designed around the Wii having a max output of 480p and were not tested beyond that. get a high quality component cable for the Wii and it *should* fix it. DO NOT get a gamestop brand. their cables are MadKatz and suck. their multi component cable could not do more then 720p on a 360. 1080i and 1080p had heavy ghosting. which is the double imaging your referring to.

Get a Monster Component Cable for Wii. http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Monster-G..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1355822492&sr=1-1

Monster states its rated for 720p and 1080i (not sure about 1080p but should be fine)
Really now? I got those Gamestop brand Universal Cables. They worked perfect on the WiiU. It looked freaking fantastic.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really now? I got those Gamestop brand Universal Cables. They worked perfect on the WiiU. It looked freaking fantastic.

What resolution do you run the Wii U at and are the cables near any other cables? It may be that they work fine when used in areas with less chance of EMI effecting the picture or that they are selling better quality cables now.
the 3 sets of GameStop Component cables i gotten over the last several years all have slightly visible ghosting on 720P and easily noticable ghosting at 1080P.
I ended up using the Microsoft Brand Component cable for my 360 since not even the Monster 360 Component cables can do ghost free 1080P and I use the GameStop ones for 480P on the Wii and 480i/p (on select titles) for the PS2.

I gave the 3rd cable to a friend as a the GameStop Component cable is still way better then stock Composite cables for his 360 and Xbox1.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used it on 1080p on PS3 and used 480p on the Wii. I've also tried 480p, 720p, and 1080i on the PS2 also

I have not tested 720p or 1080i with my GameStop cable on the PS2 since I ended up using a Nyko Component cable that can do 480p/720p/and 1080i perfectly on my PS2 and the GameStop cable for my Wii.
I have not tried a PS3 with it since i use HDMI with it. and i got my 360 hooked up via VGA via the Microsoft VGA cable since others cannot do 1080p without ghosting.

It sounds like either you have less interference problems where you have your consoles setup or that the cables you got from GameStop have had the Ghosting Issue fixed via a newer revision of the cable.
When i took mine apart. the 360 connector literally had No metal shielding at all to prevent interference other then whats on the visible plug part. i assume the other 2 plugs (PS2,Wii) were the same way.

Well either way, I'm glad the cables worked out for you. I wish they would of for me also.

10_0ARMY

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I bet it is my cable. This sucks though cuz the Wii and Wii U both have the same a/v jack. My cable is a universal one for ps360wii so I guess the wii cable may only be designed for 480p. Though maybe it is the other stuff around it. I have my HDMI cable, power cable, and another hdmi / power for my ps3, but that's off when I'm on WiiU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-