Hardware Component cable for games?

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does any one know how to make the PSP ignore the check for which cable I'm using when starting/playing a game? I got one recently off eBay, and realized how crap Sony is about it. I know this has been asked before, and I have heard about the FuSa plugin, but the original only claims to work on 5.xx and I can't find any links for the other one. Neither any of the TVs in my house, nor my capture card (EasyCap) support composite, and I can't find any composite to component converters. Also, I'm aware of the black boxes that the composite cable generates, and if whatever plugin I get to enable component does that, too, that's fine by me, as I originally got it to record, and with my software, I can cut out the black boxes. I would prefer it let me use the PSP screen and the external, as I prefer looking at the PSP, but it's not a deal-breaker. I'm running a PSP-2001 with 6.60 Pro-C2

Last edited by LanHikariDS,

lusid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even back when those plugins worked, they didn't work very well. Its a limitation of the LCD driver chipset they bought from sharp. The later revs used in the go and the PSP3000 could output game mode over composite, but it still looks like crap. Your best option is to track down a component cable. Or you could get a hackable PSTV and grab your gameplay footage over HDMI. At least that would be fullscreen.

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, I can't use a component cable, as none of my TVs (Or my capture card) support it, or HDMI. And, yet again, I don't care if it isn't fullscreen, I can crop it before I even start recording. I just want this as an alternative to RemoteJoyLite, because some games lag really bad in it, like Crazy Taxi.

lusid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Neither any of the TVs in my house, nor my capture card (EasyCap) support composite, and I can't find any composite to component converters...

... I can't use a component cable, as none of my TVs (Or my capture card) support it, or HDMI. ...

Confused now. But it seems your desired end state is a PSP that can play games over a composite output. In which case the best solution is to buy a PSP3000. It can natively support playing games over a composite output. You could also get the job done with a PSP Go, but it sounds like you may already have the cables for the PSP3000. The PSP Go uses different cables.

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confused now. But it seems your desired end state is a PSP that can play games over a composite output. In which case the best solution is to buy a PSP3000. It can natively support playing games over a composite output. You could also get the job done with a PSP Go, but it sounds like you may already have the cables for the PSP3000. The PSP Go uses different cables.
I don't know. Yellow, White, and Red's what I can use (and have), I keep getting the names mixed up. Anyways, I'm not trying to buy more stuff, I just want to get what I gave to work, if I can. I would've just returned the cable, but "Buyer pays return shipping", and the shipping costs more than I spent for the damn cable. Again, my PSP 2000 does have CFW on it, and if an OFW 3000 can do it, there's gotta be some way to do it on a CFW 2000...

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Guess I'll just have to make do with RemoteJoyLite, then. I just got worried about RJL, since Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars lags pretty bad in it, so I wanted an alternative. Oh, well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.