Homebrew Completely New.

JustAKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble launching EmuNAND9... just keeps flashing red on the bottom screem and returning me to hbl. I've checked and and confirmed i'm on version 9.2.0-20. I understand and read that it can take a few tries but it's been more like 30 and counting tries now.
Try an earlier build, i had the same issue when I first downgraded

Juju86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well damn almost there. I got Luma3ds and launched it. Selected the option I wanted and pressed the Start button to save the changes but then the screen just went black, now everytime I open Luma3ds there's just a black screen. I am just unsure if this is how it goes or if the settings I changed even stuck. Is it worth trying to fix this or did my settings stick and i'm able to run with it?

Inorizushi

*yawn*
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just keep trying to launch Luma3DS, it usually takes a couple tries. All of the ones past my first install of a9lh definitely did.

Juju86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just keep trying to launch Luma3DS, it usually takes a couple tries. All of the ones past my first install of a9lh definitely did.
Hmm okay it's just annoying to retry since I have to shut it down and reboot every time but I will try it I guess.

Juju86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still having this issue, has anyone else ever experienced this and figured a way out? Like I said I was able to sucessfullly launch it once and select the option i wanted but I pressed the Start button thinking it would save the changes, but instead it went straight to black and then nothing. I've tried to reopen several times but it just leads to a black screen the moment I launch luma.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually, for homescreen wallpapers and cpu overclock, Homebrew support was the only needed thing (CHMM2 and HANS are enough for those things)

edit: oh, sorry. Next time I'll shut up ^^"

edit2: I simply thought HANS was more convenient than the integrated Luma overclocking because you have to restart it every time you want to switch between playable games and those who don't support overclocking (won't boot).

Last edited by AyanamiRei,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, for homescreen wallpapers and cpu overclock, Homebrew support was the only needed thing (CHMM2 and HANS are enough for those things)
HANS is not enough unfortunately.
HANS does not work for all games and it doesn't use a game's update data. you really should downgrade/set up custom firmware since it gives you a better experience with what you're wanting to do.

Still having this issue, has anyone else ever experienced this and figured a way out? Like I said I was able to sucessfullly launch it once and select the option i wanted but I pressed the Start button thinking it would save the changes, but instead it went straight to black and then nothing. I've tried to reopen several times but it just leads to a black screen the moment I launch luma.
how far have you gotten in plailect's guide?[/hr]

Reactions: AyanamiRei

Juju86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HANS is not enough unfortunately.

how far have you gotten in plailect's guide?[/hr]
I'm done in the guide. I have homebrew launcher and downgraded to 9.2.0-20U. I also installed and have sucessfully ran luma3ds once. I selected the clock+L2 option and pressed start to save it then it went black. Now everytime I try to launch luma3ds it just goes black and I have to power off the device.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm done in the guide. I have homebrew launcher and downgraded to 9.2.0-20U. I also installed and have sucessfully ran luma3ds once. I selected the clock+L2 option and pressed start to save it then it went black. Now everytime I try to launch luma3ds it just goes black and I have to power off the device.
try deleting/renaming the firmware.bin in "luma".

Juju86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try deleting/renaming the firmware.bin in "luma".
No such file in my folder. At this point I may not even pursue this honestly. Unless I find a way to fix this soon I just don't feel like wasting so much time on this before getting to actually play and enjoy the thing lol

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No such file in my folder. At this point I may not even pursue this honestly. Unless I find a way to fix this soon I just don't feel like wasting so much time on this before getting to actually play and enjoy the thing lol
can you try this?

go to EmuNAND9 -> "EmuNAND Manager Options..." -> "Clone SysNAND to RedNAND"

since you probably don't have any games on the console right now, you shouldn't lose anything doing this. I want to see if this works.

Juju86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you try this?

go to EmuNAND9 -> "EmuNAND Manager Options..." -> "Clone SysNAND to RedNAND"

since you probably don't have any games on the console right now, you shouldn't lose anything doing this. I want to see if this works.
I have a pokemon game on it right now but it's nothing I can't start over. Is this a worthwhile thing to attempt?

Inorizushi

*yawn*
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This probably doesn't matter but have you tried disabling the clock mod?
The guide doesn't say to enable it until you have cfw on sysNAND

Juju86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so guys I think i'm pretty much done with this, it all seems cool and I can see why some people go for this but not me. Too much hassle for a little gain on my part, the 3D effect isn't that important to me but what I do want to do is be able to access the eshop. So my question/goal has now switched to this: How do I revert this device and update safely without bricking. I don't care for future homebrew access if I want to try again later i'll just wait around for the next exploit to happen. What I would like to keep though is the pokemon game data I have saved if possible, if not whatever.

If you need my device specs they are as follows: New 3DS downgraded to 9.2.0 using plailects guide and also have luma3ds installed.

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is your N3DS on 9.2? If you finished Plailect's guide you should be on 11.0 sysnand with A9LH/Luma.

Juju86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is your N3DS on 9.2? If you finished Plailect's guide you should be on 11.0 sysnand with A9LH/Luma.
When I say finished I mean finished for what I planned to do... If you read my original post my only goal out of all of this was to enable the n3ds clock speeds on older games but i'm done now. All I want is to have a normal 3ds I can play my games on. So again i'll ask, how do I safely update/remove all the things i've done and update to the latest system menu. I just want to be able to access the eshop and play my games now, no more messing with it.

*Bonus pts to whoever can help and tell me how to transfer my saved game data to my fresh device assuming the saved data gets lost in this process*

Last edited by Juju86,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Yeah so guys I think i'm pretty much done with this, it all seems cool and I can see why some people go for this but not me. Too much hassle for a little gain on my part, the 3D effect isn't that important to me but what I do want to do is be able to access the eshop. So my question/goal has now switched to this: How do I revert this device and update safely without bricking. I don't care for future homebrew access if I want to try again later i'll just wait around for the next exploit to happen. What I would like to keep though is the pokemon game data I have saved if possible, if not whatever.

If you need my device specs they are as follows: New 3DS downgraded to 9.2.0 using plailects guide and also have luma3ds installed.

Do you have emunand and downgraded to 2.1 at least once?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: