ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gullwing said:
Do all girls have all their scripts translated?
No. As far as I'm aware, Manaka is the farthest along.

Edit: Should I look for lines where Rinko refers to herself in third-person and make sure the line corresponds to it? I honestly wouldn't mind going over some scripts again since Rinko's my favorite, but this is definitely something I want to run across the translator/project leader. Also, I heard she uses some weird speech. Should I try to keep that in mind while I edit [aka more slang and stuff]?

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OceanBlue said:
Gullwing said:
Do all girls have all their scripts translated?
No. As far as I'm aware, Manaka is the farthest along.

Edit: Should I look for lines where Rinko refers to herself in third-person and make sure the line corresponds to it? I honestly wouldn't mind going over some scripts again since Rinko's my favorite, but this is definitely something I want to run across the translator/project leader. Also, I heard she uses some weird speech. Should I try to keep that in mind while I edit [aka more slang and stuff]?
Uh-oh! I chose Nene! She rocks by the way
biggrin.gif

greator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yes, Rinko has better story than the other girls. Too bad she has the lowest amount of script translated.

Someone should bring along this project to LovePlus+. Since jjjewel doesn't want to do it, maybe someone else......
tongue.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AsianLOL said:
Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a way to re watch the going home/to school scenes?
If i'm correct, there isn't, but i just wanna make sure, since i'm holding off playing because i wanna read all the dialogue.. haha
No, but you can keep one slot empty so you can replay the game when the scripts are all translated. Most of the walking scripts are some trivial stuff where your girlfriend talks about her friends, her teachers, her family, etc.

Czero90 said:
I just discovered this. Seems like the gallery is not imported along with the save data.
As far as I remember, you need to get to some certain Lover's Rank (about 8 stars or something) in order to get your gallery transferred to Love Plus+.

QUOTE(OceanBlue @ May 18 2011, 05:40 AM)
There are a few scripts with long dialogs, so I changed "Rinko" to "I" to save some space. But you can check and change them as long as we can still keep the text length limit.

The one that Rinko talks in weird speech is in the dream event. I haven't uploaded that scripts yet, so you don't have to worry about it now.
happy.gif

The way she talks is like a tomboy. Not very polite, but not too rude. You can use "wanna" "gonna" etc. for her dialog too.

DC2000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OceanBlue said:
I honestly wouldn't mind going over some scripts again since Rinko's my favorite, but this is definitely something I want to run across the translator/project leader. Also, I heard she uses some weird speech. Should I try to keep that in mind while I edit [aka more slang and stuff]?

I think that´s not a good idea to translate it in a slang, It would ruin the game!
And tha slang haz nozing to zearch in a japanese game... The translation itself is good enough, and a slang doesn´t fit ????
rolleyes.gif

and thera many people who can´t read tha engrish slang!

I saw it on pokemon black/white translation, often I didnt understand what they are saying and it is very very hard to read cause a few caracter have these bad slang - it makes no fun to read this..
I can´t understand why people want to translate japanese text in a slang...
ohnoes.png

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DC2000 said:
I think that´s not a good idea to translate it in a slang, It would ruin the game!
And tha slang haz nozing to zearch in a japanese game... The translation itself is good enough, and a slang doesn´t fit ????
rolleyes.gif

and thera many people who can´t read tha engrish slang!

I saw it on pokemon black/white translation, often I didnt understand what they are saying and it is very very hard to read cause a few caracter have these bad slang - it makes no fun to read this..
I can´t understand why people want to translate japanese text in a slang...
ohnoes.png

I meant slang as in stuff like informal contractions [basically kinda, wanna, gotta, gonna, etc], not strange wording or weird idiomatic expressions. I'm not a big fan of slang either. Actually, what I'm not a fan of at all is when accents are conveyed through spelling [such as "if youse ready to go, Ah could walk over dere wid you"] or generally just too heavily. It drives me mad reading it.

Still, as someone who's grown up with slang and finds it easy to understand, can you give me some examples?

Also, thanks jjjewel. I'll be sure to keep those in mind.
QUOTE(greator @ May 18 2011, 07:14 PM) Someone should bring along this project to LovePlus+.
Woah, slow down!

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Gullwing said:
Is there any list with the words someone can say to the girlfriend?
second that. would love to know too.

i only knew a few. apart from the one mentioned by jjewel in her site, you can call her name, or ask her to play jan-ken-pon.

thats all i know. lol.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Czero90 said:
Gullwing said:
Is there any list with the words someone can say to the girlfriend?
second that. would love to know too.

i only knew a few. apart from the one mentioned by jjewel in her site, you can call her name, or ask her to play jan-ken-pon.

thats all i know. lol.

Here you go guys!
smile.gif
I found it on a website which was linked in this thread around February.

EDIT: Okay, I found it! Here's the thread where the spreadsheet were posted. However it's not complete, especially the next pages, but since "People're welcome to modify the file." feel free to fill out the empty fields (but like it says, NO Google Translate).
smile.gif

QUOTE(jjjewel @ May 18 2011, 05:36 AM)
Hmm, if you want that for your personal use, I can help making it. But if it's going to be a public release, there will be a lot of things that we have to concern. For one, the scripts need manual line break. So we will have to do the line break adjustment when we have longer text like when we change from "he" to "she" and from "boyfriend" to "girlfriend". (The girls don't refer to you as "he" that much, but they do call you "my boyfriend" a lot.) There are also events for male and female tennis club if you're dating Manaka, etc. So, I'd say it's possible, but it will require more work.
happy.gif
Thanks! But you don't have to worry about it now, since it looks so time-consuming and a bit harder than I imagined with all those line breaks, and since the scripts are often edited, it would be more convenient do to it once the whole script is done completely.
wub.gif
How hard is to to do the manual line breaks, it is something I could do too without romhacking knowledge? Like just pasting same code after that changes? How do you manage with the text being constantly edited while proofread on Googledocs, do you do it in batches?
smile.gif

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
when i first saw the game years ago, Manaka swooned me the most, now playing the game I've slowly became a HUGEEEEE Rinko fan XDXD
her story is the most affective for me, she has real tough problems and reacts all mysterious like and she's always angry, a cute tsundere avatar/digital peto, lol..

if you've watched enough anime and understand spoken Japanese,
you can really tell the girls use different slangs and each has her own personality in the way she uses words.

lol, I advice everyone to unlock the "indoor pool" and take your girl for a date there,
Rinko appeared with the cutest hairstyle and swim suit and she was so adorable straight out of an anime,lol..

DC2000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OceanBlue said:
I meant slang as in stuff like informal contractions [basically kinda, wanna, gotta, gonna, etc], not strange wording or weird idiomatic expressions. I'm not a big fan of slang either. Actually, what I'm not a fan of at all is when accents are conveyed through spelling [such as "if youse ready to go, Ah could walk over dere wid you"] or generally just too heavily. It drives me mad reading it.
It also drives me mad.. just for me these "[basically kinda, wanna, gotta, gonna, etc]" is enough for me I dislike it. It is not so strange as tha otha wordz, but at all hard to understand...
I understand kinda (means= some kind of), wanna (do you want to) but Im not really sure about gotta and gonna, maybe gotta means go to and gonna, do you want to go or it will go´?

QUOTE(OceanBlue @ May 18 2011, 10:49 PM) Still, as someone who's grown up with slang and finds it easy to understand, can you give me some examples?
I dont have experience with this, so I can´t give you examples.
biggrin.gif

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DC2000 said:
OceanBlue said:
It also drives me mad.. just for me these "[basically kinda, wanna, gotta, gonna, etc]" is enough for me I dislike it. It is not so strange as tha otha wordz, but at all hard to understand...
I understand kinda (means= some kind of), wanna (do you want to) but Im not really sure about gotta and gonna, maybe gotta means go to and gonna, do you want to go or it will go?
Wanna - want to, gotta - got to, gonna - going to.
smile.gif
I usually have no problems with slang unless it 'special', belonging to some community/social group or being a regional accent with which I aren't acquainted, eg. Joseph's in Wuthering Heights was at times hard to comprehend. Though it gets easier once you get used to it, like with all accents: "T' maister's dahn i' t' fowld. Goa rahned by th' end ut' laith, if yah went to spake tull him." or "Nelly," he said, "we's hae a crowner's 'quest enow, at ahr folks'. One on 'em 's a'most getten his finger cut off wi' hauding t' other fro' stickin' hisseln loike a cawlf". "nob'dy iver mells on't but hisseln." Good, eh?
biggrin.gif

@dgrin: Yup, just use write the words spoiler and /spoiler inside these [], one at the beginning and the other at the end.
Surprise!
smile.gif
Awww, Rinko looks so cute in your photos!
smile.gif

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Fel said:
Here you go guys!
smile.gif
I found it on a website which was linked in this thread around February.

EDIT: Okay, I found it! Here's the thread where the spreadsheet were posted. However it's not complete, especially the next pages, but since "People're welcome to modify the file." feel free to fill out the empty fields (but like it says, NO Google Translate).
smile.gif
why, thanks you, good sir.
bow.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
How hard is to to do the manual line breaks, it is something I could do too without romhacking knowledge? Like just pasting same code after that changes? How do you manage with the text being constantly edited while proofread on Googledocs, do you do it in batches?
smile.gif
Mostly just copy and paste. But the scripts you can use for the game are different from the ones shown on Google Docs. So, you'll have to copy and paste text from Google Docs to the other set of scripts and check line breaks and stuff before putting them into the game.

For now, while you're playing the game, maybe you can note which parts of scripts will likely cause trouble if you change it to female protagonist instead of male. (At least I find a few situations where you will have to change the story in the scripts to match this new situation. Ex. There's a male-killer special attack in Manaka's dream where you will get hurt from it but Manaka won't. There's an event when Nene mentioned that since you're a boy, you can handle things different from girls. Then many parts mentioned about how you're stronger than your girlfriend, because you're a man. Etc.) Anyway, we can talk about this later.
happy.gif

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
haflore and Fel thank you guys!..
I wrapped the photos in spoiler quotes cause it wouldn't be fair to spoil the fun of unlocking these,lol..
--

new FIGMA figures by good smile company
tumblr_llhbxnBHJw1qdgu6q.jpg

http://ameblo.jp/figma/entry-10896426064.html
will be released this September, can't wait to get them,lol

also yet another review about 3DS NEW LOVEPLUS
this time it also has some captures from the menus and gameplay, seems rather dark this time,lol:
http://www.4gamer.net/games/121/G012139/20110518001/
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/1...us_data_import/

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
one of the conversations with Rinko ended weirdly,
cause it added my own response after her own words,

this is how it shows up:
"I wonder if I can get my allowance increased...E(seems like once she gets"

then there's nothing more it stops there>____

AsianLOL

Trophies
XP
Country
jjjewel said:
AsianLOL said:
Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a way to re watch the going home/to school scenes?
If i'm correct, there isn't, but i just wanna make sure, since i'm holding off playing because i wanna read all the dialogue.. haha
No, but you can keep one slot empty so you can replay the game when the scripts are all translated. Most of the walking scripts are some trivial stuff where your girlfriend talks about her friends, her teachers, her family, etc.

Ah, damn.
I'm using up all 3 slots for each girl right now.
It'll be a while but i guess i'll wait
Thanks for the answer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o