ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

Omegazeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so apparently a user named r41n said that :
can't download the patch v 0.9, when i download that file mediafire went error "the page is not found"

at 26 Dec 2011, 10:39 PM just wondering if it went down temporarily is all?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't download the patch v 0.9, when i download that file mediafire went error "the page is not found"

I just checked the link, and the file is still there.

Download page
https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/downloads/v09releasednovember042011

Download link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8wgvz8il481buq2/%5B20111104%5DLovePlusV09Patch.zip

But MediaFire has changed the system about a few weeks ago. Now the interface looks different. You might need to allow pop-up or something if you have a pop-up blocker program.

If others also got the same problem, please let me know then. :)

Omegazeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just checked the link, and the file is still there.

Download page
https://sites.google...dnovember042011

Download link
http://www.mediafire...lusV09Patch.zip

But MediaFire has changed the system about a few weeks ago. Now the interface looks different. You might need to allow pop-up or something if you have a pop-up blocker program.

If others also got the same problem, please let me know then. :)

mediafire's interface changing was my guess too and yups ill speak up for others so they can get help :P

nizidafabie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all:
I'M A GIRL AND I PLAY THIS GAME! (I'm not lesbian)
Second:
xdelta gui doesn't work, and i tried everything. any other options?
I got everything in the same map, I even pasted it on an USB stick.
I TRIED EVERYTHING, BUT IT STILL DOES'NT WORK! Why!? :(

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all:
Second:
What kind of computer are you using? (PC, MAC)
What OS (Windows 7, Vista, Mac OS, etc.)
Did you unzip/unrar everything? (Rom usually comes in .zip or .rar format. Patch is in zip format.)

If you can take a screen shot for the folder that you have the xdeltaGui, the rom and the patch, then please post it here so we can provide help. ^_^

nizidafabie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all:
Second:
What kind of computer are you using? (PC, MAC)
What OS (Windows 7, Vista, Mac OS, etc.)
Did you unzip/unrar everything? (Rom usually comes in .zip or .rar format. Patch is in zip format.)

If you can take a screen shot for the folder that you have the xdeltaGui, the rom and the patch, then please post it here so we can provide help. ^_^
Everything is unzipped
and i use win 7 starter (Yup, a Mini Laptop ^^)
Here is the screen of the map:
boe.png

Thanks for the help :D

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything looks fine to me, so it should work.
Double check the file size. Your loveplus.nds should be exactly 256 MB, and the patch should be 3.07 MB.
And you have to use XdeltaGUI and follow the instructions here.
https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/patching-instructions

(If you need graphic references, there's one I made for the old Tokimemo project here.
https://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs1/ilust-tutorial
Just note that the game name and patch name are different.)

Otherwise, you might try Cyan's guide with command line in this thread.
(I saw that you visited the thread already but if you haven't tried his method, maybe it'll work for you.)
http://gbatemp.net/topic/312794-xdelta-gui-wont-work/

nizidafabie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Everything looks fine to me, so it should work.
Double check the file size. Your loveplus.nds should be exactly 256 MB, and the patch should be 3.07 MB.
And you have to use XdeltaGUI and follow the instructions here.
https://sites.google...ng-instructions

(If you need graphic references, there's one I made for the old Tokimemo project here.
https://sites.google.../ilust-tutorial
Just note that the game name and patch name are different.)

Otherwise, you might try Cyan's guide with command line in this thread.
(I saw that you visited the thread already but if you haven't tried his method, maybe it'll work for you.)
http://gbatemp.net/t...-gui-wont-work/
I can't find any rom that's 256 MB it is either to big or to small..
I did find a rom that's maybe 256 MB because it's written in KB.
I'll be posting if anything is happend.

It says: 262.144 KB Is that right?

IT WORKED!
but i got a second disaster:
the white screen of death.
any solutions?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says: 262.144 KB Is that right?

IT WORKED!
but i got a second disaster:
the white screen of death.
any solutions?
Is the patched game also 262,144 kb? (It should be.)
What do you use to play the game (Flash card? Emulator? Which one?)

If you're using Acekard, check the FAQs.
https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/troubleshooting#TOC-Acekard-problems

spec8

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually created an acount just to thank all of you who participated in this translation patch. I'm having a lot of fun playing Love+ and I'm glad you took the hard task of doing this.
Thank you! :)

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patch V 1.0 Released

https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/downloads

This should be the final patch, but if we find any major errors,
we might release a fixed patch. So please check back occasionally.

--------------------

For the future of Love Plus + (Love Plus Plus) project, I'd say that I still don't know. As far as preliminary hacking and testing go, there are a lot of errors that I found, which will make things more troublesome to hack, compared to Love Plus.

(Love Plus + Errors I found so far:
- If you translate the names, they won't be recognized by the game and won't show up at all.
- If you translate the prefecture's names, they will show up, but they will not be recognized by the game. Ex. You can select the prefecture's name just fine, but after you finished pre-confession and you're supposed to get a capsule toy based on the input prefecture, you won't get it.
- The game changed some text locations. If you use the English scripts from Love Plus, some text will be too long and get abrupt line break in the middle of the words.
- Some texts will cause game freezing if you translate them.
- Some graphics get nastier in Love Plus+. They reuse the tiles, so you need to add more tiles in NCGR and adjust them in NCER if you want to translate text in those graphics.
- etc.)

I still have to work on other translation projects so I don't think I'll have time to figure out solutions for these problems any time soon. If other hackers want to try hacking it, please go ahead.
(If I feel like working on it later, I'll post to ask if other hackers are working on it first. ^_^)

Sheygull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I just made an account to thank you for your work and the translation. I had only one problem (the game suddenly got frozen) but i restart the ds and it worked well (and it didn't happen anymore :D) I'm playing now the post confession and it's awesome (though it consumes a lot of time xD) I would really like to help you in the next project, but I know a little bit of japanese and won't be useful. Anyway if you need help with something and I can help with it, then count with me :D

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would really like to help you in the next project, but I know a little bit of japanese and won't be useful. Anyway if you need help with something and I can help with it, then count with me :D
Thank you. :wub: My other projects will be girls' games though. (Which means you play as a girl trying to find a boyfriend.) So you might not be interested in them. :P Anyway, I'll post the project announcement(s) when I got some stuff done. If you happen to be interested, you can join us.

Sheygull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I would really like to help you in the next project, but I know a little bit of japanese and won't be useful. Anyway if you need help with something and I can help with it, then count with me :D
Thank you. :wub: My other projects will be girls' games though. (Which means you play as a girl trying to find a boyfriend.) So you might not be interested in them. :P Anyway, I'll post the project announcement(s) when I got some stuff done. If you happen to be interested, you can join us.

Well, I don't care if I will be playing as a girl (in fact, I'm playing Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love Plus and I like it, it's a new experience to me xD) Also I recall that my mother language is spanish, so I could help translating to spanish (if needed/wanted). Anyway, I started to read the tutorial of rom hacking so if I understand everything I could help with that, or as I said before, with anything needed :D

HikerX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off thanks to all the hard work you guys put into translating this game. And second jjjewel how did you unpack the scripts for love plus+? And would it be possible to either post the unpacked scripts onto a download site so I can get it? Once again thanks for translating this game, I was waiting a long time to play it.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And second jjjewel how did you unpack the scripts for love plus+? And would it be possible to either post the unpacked scripts onto a download site so I can get it? Once again thanks for translating this game, I was waiting a long time to play it.
You can use the same tools at TLWiki page to unpack the scripts. However, you'll need to decrypt some of them with TXRC format too.

I can post the scripts for the mails and miscellaneous stuff for you, but not for the main dialogs. (I have to learn how to do batch processing with TXRC tool first. Currently I'm manually making .bat file to extract them. And there are thousands of files.)

Anyway, this needs to wait a few weeks. I'm a bit busy with other games now. ^_^

lucidexistance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to put in my thanks towards your efforts to let those of us who can't seem to learn Japanese play this game. Perfect timing since I just broke up with my girlfriend and was feeling a bit lonely. (hehe) If only real relationships worked this way. It'd be great! Anyway, I've been trying out all the patches previous to the full translation and am very grateful of this. Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: