Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
alidsl said:
The bug makes no difference to me anyway

ah well ur call....

is it just me or has [Redacted] stopped working - i just opend it n all da sections say "API Unavailable"
cry.gif
cry.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I am still on iPhone 3GS mint condition 3.1.3 and baseband 05.12.01. Yes, I already save my SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella on my current jailbroken firmware. Now, what I can do is:

# Run TinyUmbrella the latest version
# Start TSS Server
# Open iTunes the latest version
# Restore 4.0 through 4.1 (NOT UPDATE) Yes, I know this requires me to download 4.0 or 4.1 (I dont know which one I should)
# Let iTunes error with 1004 error (baseband update failed - I hope so because I want this)
# Kick Device Out of Recovery
# I will have now on 4.0 or 4.1 with old 05.12.01 baseband???

Because I want to continue using unlocked iPhone after jailbreak too.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
TinyUmbrella only prevents baseband updates for the iPhone 4. If you update/restore your iPhone 3GS to iOS 4.x, your baseband will still be updated as well.

iOS 4.0.x has the 5.13.04 baseband, which is safe for unlocks. Just install ultrasn0w again!
smile.gif

iOS 4.1 contains the 5.14.02 baseband, which is currently not safe for unlocks.

You can jailbreak iOS 4.0/4.0.1 with Star. If you want to upgrade to iOS 4.1 while maintaining your unlock status, you need to use a custom IPSW from PwnageTool (or sn0wbreeze 2.1, when it's released). A custom IPSW will remove the baseband update from the IPSW (so you can keep the 5.12.01 baseband), and let you restore to a pre-jailbroken state.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When 4.2 comes out, there should be a way to use 4.1 SHSH blobs to upgrade (keeping the jailbreak untethered). But since it's not out yet, I'm, not completely sure. Check here for updates.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaXtreme said:
Im on an iPhone 3G and im on Jailbroken 4.0, whats the easiest way to upgrade to iOS 4.2?
Personally, I prefer restoring to a (custom) firmware to upgrade. Upgrading, then re-jailbreaking, would probably work, too.

QUOTE(metamaster @ Nov 11 2010, 05:14 PM) When 4.2 comes out, there should be a way to use 4.1 SHSH blobs to upgrade (keeping the jailbreak untethered). But since it's not out yet, I'm, not completely sure. Check here for updates.
Actually, it's the SHSHs for iOS 4.2b3 that will anticipated to be used for the 4.2 jailbreak.
smile.gif
No need to worry in this case though; the iPhone 3G's bootrom exploit permits jailbreaking any firmware.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The new jailbreak might use those SHSH blobs to make it untethered. The exploit is present in 4.2b3, and they might recycle it instead of using another exploit (if it will be patched in the final version of 4.2)

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
iTunes 10.1 has been released. Unfortunately, iOS 4.2 hasn't yet.
frown.gif
It is jailbreak-safe, for the curious.

I've also updated the guide to include the pwnapple, which means that the jailbreak tool will let you restore to a custom firmware.
guide_pwn.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anyone here?