Apple Complete iOS Jailbreak Guide

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Chaotix1p said:
Time is serioisly starting to run out to save your SHSH blobs for 4.1, it can still be done (as of today).
I was saving the SHSH for 4.2.1 and tinyumbrella made a backup of my 4.1 SHSH files so there's still some time. The window hasn't closed yet. BUT GET THEM SAVED REAL SOON BEFORE TIME RUNS OUT - IF YOU HAVN'T DONE IT YET

Care to explain this in layman's terms? I have an iTouch 4g with 4.2.1., it was previously JB-oken (on 4.1) but I have restored it to the original state.
Let's say I plan to JB it in the future again, should I be worried about those SHSH blobs?
TIA.

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AC/DS said:
Chaotix1p said:
Time is serioisly starting to run out to save your SHSH blobs for 4.1, it can still be done (as of today).
I was saving the SHSH for 4.2.1 and tinyumbrella made a backup of my 4.1 SHSH files so there's still some time. The window hasn't closed yet. BUT GET THEM SAVED REAL SOON BEFORE TIME RUNS OUT - IF YOU HAVN'T DONE IT YET

Care to explain this in layman's terms? I have an iTouch 4g with 4.2.1., it was previously JB-oken (on 4.1) but I have restored it to the original state.
Let's say I plan to JB it in the future again, should I be worried about those SHSH blobs?
TIA.

Yes. The exploit @comex is working on aparantly uses the 4.1 SHSH blobs. If he gets it right then it could mean untethered for life (if my memory serves me correctly)

I doubt there's much time left to do it tho

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you jailbroke it on 4.1 and pressed the make my life easier button in Cydia, then your fine. And having 4.1 blobs wouldn't really make a device untethered for life, since it would just use them for another exploit found in 4.1. It would be untethered for life if an untethered bootrom exploit were to be used.

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
metamaster said:
If you jailbroke it on 4.1 and pressed the make my life easier button in Cydia, then your fine.

Of course I DID NOT press "make my life easier" as no one advised me to do it. Sucks ;-(.
Someone on these boards said my device was "pwned for life" or something, so I was happy with that.
Anyway, does "tethered JB" mean that when the iPod is completely turned off you need to do some procedure using your PC to re-enable the JB?

EDIT: OK, never mind that question I found a perfect description of the tethered JB on the web.

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
heys guys im getting an iphone soon, and i heard youre activating it through itunes, i suppose it also means it will automatically put it to ios 4.2.1? or is there a way for me to activate it and have 4.1 or something like that?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
AC/DS said:
metamaster said:
If you jailbroke it on 4.1 and pressed the make my life easier button in Cydia, then your fine.

Of course I DID NOT press "make my life easier" as no one advised me to do it. Sucks ;-(.
Someone on these boards said my device was "pwned for life" or something, so I was happy with that.
Anyway, does "tethered JB" mean that when the iPod is completely turned off you need to do some procedure using your PC to re-enable the JB?

EDIT: OK, never mind that question I found a perfect description of the tethered JB on the web.
Find a program called "TinyUmbrella" here Using this you can back up your 4.1 SHSH blobs before the window closes (hopefully) it will also kick Cydia into backing them up for every firmware after.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to download .deb files straight to a computer? I'm having problems with Cyder 2, and I don't really know of other ways to get .deb files without Cydia... I know how to install them, though.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
metamaster said:
Is there a way to download .deb files straight to a computer? I'm having problems with Cyder 2, and I don't really know of other ways to get .deb files without Cydia... I know how to install them, though.
you google "nameofapp.deb"

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sunday is a Funday (for 3G/3GS owners).
wink.gif

(If you didn't understand that... ETA for the release is later today!)

UPDATE: PwnageTool 4.1.3 and redsn0w 0.9.6b5 has been released! The way how the unlock works is, your baseband gets updated to the iPad's old baseband (6.15.00), which is still susceptible to the same vulnerability as before.

I have updated the guide to walk you through unlocking with redsn0w, but note that this unlock is not for the faint of heart.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Thanks for the guide; just used redsn0w on my 2G Touch.
smile.gif
Glad to hear this guide has helped you!
smile.gif

I've updated the guide to reflect the fact that Apple is still signing 4.1 for some odd reason (fail).

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
bowser said:
I have an iPhone 3GS (4.1, 5.14.02) but I don't want to use redsn0w to update to the iPad baseband and then unlock. Just wondering if any other unlocking methods are being worked on.
make a custom .ipsw with pwnagetool for mac or sn0wbreeze for pc/mac

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Dter ic said:
bowser said:
I have an iPhone 3GS (4.1, 5.14.02) but I don't want to use redsn0w to update to the iPad baseband and then unlock. Just wondering if any other unlocking methods are being worked on.
I went through the sn0wbreeze tutorial in the first post but at the unlocking part it says we should unlock with ultrasn0w. And if I'm not mistaken, to unlock on 5.14.02 we need to update to 6.15.00 which i don't want to do. So my question is anyone aware of an unlock that is being worked on that directly unlocks 5.14.02?

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
bowser said:
Dter ic said:
bowser said:
I went through the sn0wbreeze tutorial in the first post but at the unlocking part it says we should unlock with ultrasn0w. And if I'm not mistaken, to unlock on 5.14.02 we need to update to 6.15.00 which i don't want to do. So my question is anyone aware of an unlock that is being worked on that directly unlocks 5.14.02?
actualy check out this vid ttorial which will guide you througfh the whole process
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIjgJyaWOzM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uydsntOyc