Hacking Compatability issues

gotchaff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some minor issues with a few commercial ROMs. I just wanted to see if this is normal or a problem because I thought the AK2 is supposed to have near 100% computability.

I'm running AKAIO 1.4, I bought my AK2 from realhotstuff.com. It has the 2.1 sticker on it so I'm assuming it's a 2.1

The first issue is with Soma Bringer. When I walk past certain places or just sometimes randomly the game will hang for a second. This struck me as bizarre because this never happened when I played the game on my brother's R4.

Also, I just started playing The World Ends With You, and the game froze during one of the early cutscenes. I'll start a new game again to see if it happens again.

gotchaff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
The World Ends With You works fine for me, I haven't tried Soma Bringer but i'm sure that works fine also.
So then what am I doing wrong?

Should I try reformatting my SD card then getting a fresh install of 1.4?

EDIT: I just tried 1.3 and Soma Bringer no longer hangs. Haven't tested out TWEWY, but I read loading it while holding X in 1.4 fixes the issues.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
gotchaff said:
Normmatt said:
The World Ends With You works fine for me, I haven't tried Soma Bringer but i'm sure that works fine also.

EDIT: I just tried 1.3 and Soma Bringer no longer hangs. Haven't tested out TWEWY, but I read loading it while holding X in 1.4 fixes the issues.

Just wait for 1.4.1 to come out or try holding down X while loading the game (loading text should turn green).

gotchaff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
gotchaff said:
Normmatt said:

Just wait for 1.4.1 to come out or try holding down X while loading the game (loading text should turn green).
Yeah, it works for TWEWY but not for Soma Bringer. I guess I'll just load that with the 1.3 loaders and maybe 1.4.1 will fix it.

I reformatted by SD card so I'll see if that did anything.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

faceless79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im playing soma bringer as we speak, and i have the EXACT SAME CARD from realhotstuff versino 2.1 with akaio 1.4

gotchaff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
faceless79 said:
im playing soma bringer as we speak, and i have the EXACT SAME CARD from realhotstuff versino 2.1 with akaio 1.4
Then what the heck am I doing wrong?
sleep.gif

I really want to finish this game. T_T

Reformatting my SD card did nothing. Using 1.3 loaders in 1.4 did nothing. For whatever reason, it only works when I'm using 1.3

Anhmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWEWY freezing may have something to do with the speed of your microsd card. What class rating is it?

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
gotchaff said:
faceless79 said:
sleep.gif

Reformatting my SD card did nothing. Using 1.3 loaders in 1.4 did nothing. For whatever reason, it only works when I'm using 1.3
Are you using http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html this to format your card?

gotchaff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tomy Sakazaki said:
gotchaff said:
faceless79 said:
sleep.gif

Are you using http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html this to format your card?
Yes.

EDIT: I tried getting a fresh copy of the ROM and that also did nothing. I'm just gonna have to downgrade to 1.3 for now unless someone can find out what I'm doing wrong. T_T

EDIT2: TWEWY also works perfectly for me in 1.3, so yeah. I don't know why this is happening, but I guess I'll just wait for 1.4.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land