Homebrew Commercial ROM Loading with MoonShell 2 & YSMenu Guide

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
can someone help me? i installed this on my R4, and it works! but when i turn it off, and turn it back on, it loads the same game automatically!

oh and will there ever be a direct way of cheat selecting from moonshell without having to go to the YSMenu?

thx in advance!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing you probably put YSMenu as your firmware. To make it stop auto booting to your game, just look for a file that is called YSMenu.ini and go down a couple of lines until you see "; Auto boot this file (default DEFAULT.NDS)
AUTO_BOOT=" and just delete the file name after the "AUTO_BOOT=" and it won't auto boot (temporary once per edit deal).

And that is probably the worst way to get it working, so don't follow it. What you could do (and isn't a horrible idea) is to make moonshell 2 your firmware (just get R4Dec and encrypt the directboot_moonshl2.nds and rename it to _DS_MENU.dat and dump it in the root) or get the latest R4 firmware and put that on instead (thus you would have to open moonshl2 via media dock or file browser).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Whoops (I was planning on answering that, but I suppose something distracted me). It will probably never ever happen because Moonshell 2 only supports homebrew nds roms, and there really isn't any cheats for them, thus there is no reason for Moonlight to put in cheat compatibility.
In the end, Moonshell 2 is what it is supposed to be, a high-end homebrew media player.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
can some create a loader to boot gba roms via moonshell using ysmenu?

i have ysmenu support supercard lite to boot gba games on it..

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I really wonder about people these days...they don't seem to even look at the threads they post on...
@dnniwa: There is a link to it on the first page.
QUOTE said:
MoonShell 2 Extlink Plugins

These are extlink plugins for loading specific file types in MoonShell 2 with NDS applications. It would help to post download links here if you find/have any not on the list.
Put these in the extlink folder of your card's MoonShell 2 directory.

NesDS by = http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5803
-NES Emulator.

NeoDS by = http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5804
-NEO-GEO Arcade Emulator.

Tuna-viDS = http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5805
-Xvid/AVI Player.

GBA ExpLoader = http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5806
-Slot-2 loader for use with expansion packs.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah thats for 3-in-1 slot 2 cards.. im clearly state that im using supercard lite.. so that gbaexploader 100% wont work to me.. i tired it but no luck ... it say's like it doesnt found the required hardware.

but when i load some gba roms using ysmenu.. (i hold B to load to ysmenu) then viola it loads.. i wonder theres a boot loader which "loads GBA ROMS using moonshell 2 via yasu's custom menu" like what you did on your yasuloader for moonshell2

killerklovvn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it fixed moonshell for me. But now I can't play Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside story! someone posted a link with a download to fix it but the file is corrupt. All the other games I've tried so far still work but freezes when I try to select my save game on Inside Story

killerklovvn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded YSMenu0903211700 from Yasu's website... I'll try the tutorial u posted and let u know what happens.....

----edit---
Wh00h00! it worked. Thanks for showing me that thread!
I used the same version of YSMenu I had used last time. It must have been something in that modified r4ysauto that did it.

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
RTAgent5 said:
You could use NDStation.

That's what I use. Works great.

It do not work on my acekard 2i whit Akaio 1.5
frown.gif

renes2

~New World~
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi^^
I Have a R4Ultrai for Dsi and i used the Update for 1.4E.
Which Version should I do?
R4 Original?
Acecard2??

( My N5 iwas working with this, thanks at all^^)
Please Help...
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.