And i dunno when it come out
blink.gif

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
According to some shop sites it comes out on the 15th. I'm quite interested about this game too, even if it looks a tad GBAish (I know it's a port) it still might be a good RTS game.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it’s way passed the 15th & I haven’t herd anything new on it. This has now become my most anticipated game, I’ll probably have my hopes shattered but there’s always a chance this will be the first decent RTS for the DS.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping it will be kind of like Command & Conquer for the DS. It looks promising, but the fact that DSI has anything to do with it worries me.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know someone who saw it in his EB store in Ottawa.

Amazon says it was released on the 15th but you can get it delivered for the 27th if that's any help, which might not be as Amazon are usually wrong with these things.

Some people on various forums (lame ones) say its pretty good but I'm not sure what to expect, I know its a port of a cancelled GBA game I just hope that its more than that.

flippa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I thought you might be interested - I have actually managed to get hold of copy of this game and quite like it. I think the best way to describe it as a good B "movie". It's no AAA DS title but then I don't think the developers ever intended it to be... it's basically a GBA title converted to the DS but with an interesting control scheme and a few added extras. I think the negatives would have to be that the graphics are a bit retro (not that I mind though + prob due to it being a GBA conversion), lack of in-game tutorials (would have been bloody helpful!) and the fact that there is no save option except mission codes (I wonder why they did this?!). The plusses for me though outweigh any negatives. I've only played the human missions upto level 8 so far (BTW there's an alien campaign as well which i've yet to play) but the more I play, the more I like it. The first few levels are not v challenging to be honest and I guess they are just introductory levels but there is quite a lot of depth to this game as you progress. One thing that struck me as quite cool is you can take over enemy buildings with your engineers and then construct enemy units as part of your faction - i'd really like to try this out in a multiplayer scenario. Another thing that stands out for me is the way you can (at the tap of a shoulder button) use the stylus on both screens - it feels really fluid. The selection of units is v pc like... drag stylus and draw a box round troops... then navigate to what you want to destroy (incidentally I discovered you can drag your stylus around the radar screen for speedy attacks).. and double tap on it with the stylus to attack (NB it took me a while to realise if you hold the stylus down for a number of seconds anywhere on the touch screen you deselect units.. you've got to read the manual for this game unfortunately). All in all - there is nothing else really like this game out there right now on DS and it's the closest to a true RTS that i've come across on the DS. Command and destroy isn't going to rock your world like a AAA DS title might but it is in my opinion what it sets out to be... a fun RTS game that you'll lose track of time playing.
smile.gif

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lodis said:
I am also waiting for this game but I find the best portable RTS games are on the Pocketpc.
Yeah, Machines at War and Age of Empires and Warfare Incorporated, good stuff indeed. Pity my PDA is kinda broken and turns off itself quite often
biggrin.gif

But I'd love to have more of this on the DS, I still kinda wonder how much are those 4Megs of RAM and 60MHz main CPU limiting. Compared to PDAs it's of course a lot less, PDAs usually have around 30Megs of free RAM and 500MHz CPUs.

But back to Command and Destroy, doesn't sound too bad and proves it's possible to make a proper RTS on the DS, why they've decided to use the oldschool password system escapes me tho. Is it really that expensive to pack a save memory to the card
biggrin.gif
And flippa, is there any chance you have the means to dump it? Or someone else.

Also it looks like it's available over at play-asia.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MagNetCZ said:
Lodis said:
I am also waiting for this game but I find the best portable RTS games are on the Pocketpc.
Yeah, Machines at War and Age of Empires and Warfare Incorporated, good stuff indeed. Pity my PDA is kinda broken and turns off itself quite often
biggrin.gif

But I'd love to have more of this on the DS, I still kinda wonder how much are those 4Megs of RAM and 60MHz main CPU limiting. Compared to PDAs it's of course a lot less, PDAs usually have around 30Megs of free RAM and 500MHz CPUs.

But back to Command and Destroy, doesn't sound too bad and proves it's possible to make a proper RTS on the DS, why they've decided to use the oldschool password system escapes me tho. Is it really that expensive to pack a save memory to the card
biggrin.gif

You forgot to mention Argentum - This is war, Buglord, Rage Of Mages 2 and Strategic Assualt
biggrin.gif

I have just ordered Command & Destroy from Play-asia and it has already been shipped to me to the UK. I am really looking forward to getting this game and I hope they get alot of sales so will make a sequel or a DS RTS from scratch as opposed to a port. I have no idea why it has taken so long for the DS to get RTS games because it is really well suited to these types.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lodis said:
MagNetCZ said:
Lodis said:
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

You forgot to mention Argentum - This is war, Buglord, Rage Of Mages 2 and Strategic Assualt
biggrin.gif

I have just ordered Command & Destroy from Play-asia and it has already been shipped to me to the UK. I am really looking forward to getting this game and I hope they get alot of sales so will make a sequel or a DS RTS from scratch as opposed to a port. I have no idea why it has taken so long for the DS to get RTS games because it is really well suited to these types.

Oh yes buglord, fun game but it crashed a lot for me
biggrin.gif
. Haven't played the others tho.

Are you gonna attempt dumping it?

Nenyana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Are you gonna attempt dumping it?

By the time it gets to the Uk via Airmail, someone else would have dumped it already but if not, I am sure it will turn up somewhere.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some investigating and found out C&D is ONLY sold online.

I have a word for a distribution plan such as this......ignorfuck.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pure online selling makes sense only if you're selling the ROM as it is fast and convenient. But selling the cartridge like that is kinda silly :/

Doesn't change a thing on the fact it needs to be dumped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr